Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Fine, guess I'm more loyal than most. Something is always better than nothing though. Let everything Wonder Woman related get cancelled, that'll show 'em!
    Going to an extreme with your statement? Nowhere did I say to let everything Wonder Woman related cancelled. Just show with your wallet when the writers or animators or movie people give you a bad product with Wonder Woman. I can understand why everyone would want to see WW84, for instance, after how good the first movie was, but for people to go out and buy the Bluray or DVD after that crapshow is not telling DCEU that anything was wrong with that movie. Same thing goes with dreck like the recent Justice Society movie or recent runs that Wondy has had in the comics. Going by what people say about the Cloonrad series, they can do no wrong and it's the greatest thing since Marston, Perez or Rucka so you do have that. I was unimpressed on the first arc and gave up.

But by all means, go ahead and buy all the merchandise or comics related to Wonder Woman that you want. I just can't justify doing that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    #49? I knew that she would come down to earth from her initial top ten placements. That happens with most new characters , especially when they are adjacent to iconic superheroes. Although Yara does nothing for me, I hate that the concept of Wonder Girl is not as entrenched in the public favor as Robin, Nightwing, or even Supergirl. Is it because of how many Wonder Girls there have been? I mean, haven't there been like 764 Robins?
    Thing is... There's been almost as many Nightwings as Robins too. :P BUT... most people can't name more than one or two unless they look it up on a wiki. Heck there's been more Kryptonians using the name Nightwing than Humans, but most people think of Dick Grayson.

I've been enjoying this series so far, but this issue... really turned a corner for me. Not a good corner, either.

I'm a new reader to WW, and so I enjoyed reading about Yara because she was new and without all the mythos and baggage (or, at least, I was hoping for some kind of slow build.) I feel like everything was going fine and then WHAM... in this issue I feel like we just skipped years of Yara's life. This issue felt like it was all over the place, very anti-climatic, and just dumped a bunch of information on single pages. Not good pacing, IMO.

And, like I said the sudden skip to "time passes differently on Olympus" while Yara's training was really jarring. Everything was going one step at a time- Yara lands in Brazil, meets Brazilian mythology people, runs into Eros- and then I feel like we just got dropped in the deep end of WW mythos, skipped years while she was training with new characters, saw her return to Earth for a day to meet up with a guy she met like 1 issue ago (and now possibly years too?) before almost getting in a fight and then meeting a mystical goddess of infodump. I feel like this issue was barely about Yara, really, but more about forcing her into the Greek-god world. Now I'm not sure if I want to read more than a few more issues....

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    I've been enjoying this series so far, but this issue... really turned a corner for me. Not a good corner, either.

I'm a new reader to WW, and so I enjoyed reading about Yara because she was new and without all the mythos and baggage (or, at least, I was hoping for some kind of slow build.) I feel like everything was going fine and then WHAM... in this issue I feel like we just skipped years of Yara's life. This issue felt like it was all over the place, very anti-climatic, and just dumped a bunch of information on single pages. Not good pacing, IMO.

And, like I said the sudden skip to "time passes differently on Olympus" while Yara's training was really jarring. Everything was going one step at a time- Yara lands in Brazil, meets Brazilian mythology people, runs into Eros- and then I feel like we just got dropped in the deep end of WW mythos, skipped years while she was training with new characters, saw her return to Earth for a day to meet up with a guy she met like 1 issue ago (and now possibly years too?) before almost getting in a fight and then meeting a mystical goddess of infodump. I feel like this issue was barely about Yara, really, but more about forcing her into the Greek-god world. Now I'm not sure if I want to read more than a few more issues....
    Yeah, what's the point of using a new character from a different continent if you just... move her to the same place and do the same stuff?