Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Back to the original point, I wanted to see the two of them talk. They both had a lot of apologizing to do to each other, and just because Scott actually has a lot more of it to do doesn't mean Jean doesn't have any at all.
    I don't even think the most important thing here is a matter of objective reality on what each of them have to apologise for. I think the most important thing is their subjective reality and how much they *feel* they had to apologise for.

Not getting into the matter of the nature of the affair, they were both failing their marriage, unable to communicate and connect. And while I'm not blaming them because I understand the situation and how the trauma with Apocalypse's possession was too big for them to handle, they would - again - *feel* they let each other down.

EDIT: Also, there would be quite some ugly emotions there because, you know, they're both supposed to be human and pain and anger and trust and love and understanding become a big entangled mess in times like this.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-27-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't even think the most important thing here is a matter of objective reality on what each of them have to apologise for. I think the most important thing is their subjective reality and how much they *feel* they had to apologise for.

Not getting into the matter of the nature of the affair, they were both failing their marriage, unable to communicate and connect. And while I'm not blaming them because I understand the situation and how the trauma with Apocalypse's possession was too big for them to handle, they would - again - *feel* they let each other down.

EDIT: Also, there would be quite some ugly emotions there because, you know, they're both supposed to be human and pain and anger and trust and love and understanding become a big entangled mess in times like this.
    With the aftermath of Poccy possession (reset back to square one because Morrison wasn't going to allow such a juicy story to be resolved by a prior writer, which it was), Jean dealing with the power of the Phoenix flaring up, and the string of crisis keeping them physically separated things broke down - they could probably have survived any 2 of the 3, but all of it combined broke things.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He has brought up before, but he just kinda rolls w/ it.I don't think he's okay w/ it(before krakoa atleast) but he's not going to say something unless they sleep together.This is all IMO btw, I could be wrong and maybe he secretly likes it or something.
    Jean is an omega level telepath and telekinetic i find it hard to believe anyone can kiss her spur of the moment especially with the passion logan does. She can feel a mind weeping miles away but not the passion of logan. Scott knows whats up. I think the fact is they are soulmates but finding your soul mate as a child can offer its own challeneges. Humans still grow and want to explore.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

With the aftermath of Poccy possession (reset back to square one because Morrison wasn't going to allow such a juicy story to be resolved by a prior writer, which it was), Jean dealing with the power of the Phoenix flaring up, and the string of crisis keeping them physically separated things broke down - they could probably have survived any 2 of the 3, but all of it combined broke things.
    Everything was stacked against them. That's why I'm really not blaming the characters. And they know and love each other enough to understand that. But understanding doesn't erase all the other feelings that should be there. And I'd like to see that. I'd like to see them recovering what they lost, fighting for it, sometimes failing, sometimes fighting, sometimes having to adapt or concede... you know, in a mature, human way.

EDIT: Of course, this is a comic book and you don't have space for going too deep into it. But they could just depict the effort a little bit every now and then.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-27-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Fantastic Member

Back to the original point, I wanted to see the two of them talk. They both had a lot of apologizing to do to each other, and just because Scott actually has a lot more of it to do doesn't mean Jean doesn't have any at all.
    Honestly, the lack of any sort of talk or catharsis from the breakdown of their relationship is why I struggle with the dynamic they have now. In many ways, I feel like we jumped from Point B to Point F, without much development in between. The same with the polycule -- I just want to see how they *got* there. I'm not against it, live and let live, but I'm more of a character-driven person and want to see how/why the characters make decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Honestly, the lack of any sort of talk or catharsis from the breakdown of their relationship is why I struggle with the dynamic they have now. In many ways, I feel like we jumped from Point B to Point F, without much development in between. The same with the polycule -- I just want to see how they *got* there. I'm not against it, live and let live, but I'm more of a character-driven person and want to see how/why the characters make decisions.
    There was talk and some catharsis during their time-displacement. I mean, I, too, would love to see them talk about their past now, but they did address it as teenagers.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Pick your favorite and go with it

1. Because unless its a genre or character defining story, bad **** that a character did in a past story doesn't doesn't matter in the MU.
    2. Because, considering the length of time and the "quality" of some of the writers, damn near every character has done something so awful that if you continually referenced it and don't let bad stories fall away then characters and books become unreadable under the weight of the horrible stories told.
    3. Because the X-Men had become such a toxic waste dump after schism that they all collectively decided to forgive all the little **** like this and it doesn't matter to anyone anymore.
    4. Because death is Marvel's primary get-out-of-whatever-bad-****-you-did-before-you-died card, and therefore all of the sins of the formerly deceased have been forgiven.
    5. Because Xavier mind-wiped it away making everyone all happy again
    6. Because Franklin/Stan Lee/Mickey Mouse continually rewrite reality so that no true progress can never be made and events of the past fade away and don't matter until they suddenly and inexplicably do.
    7. Because everyone in the MU is secretly dead, in hell, and being tortured for all eternity, forced to continually live through a revolving door of character assassination, inconsistent stories, random plots, and radical changes of narrative
    8. Because everyone reading the MU is secretly dead, in hell, and being tortured for all eternity, forced to continually live through a revolving door of character assassination, inconsistent stories, random plots, and radical changes of narrative
    9. A wizard did it

Honestly, who cares? it was a bad plot when it was written (Morrison character assassinated the hell out of everyone in the X-Men), it hasn't aged well, and this is just a bad callback to the days when the fandom's on this site were at each others throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Pick your favorite and go with it

1. Because unless its a genre or character defining story, bad **** that a character did in a past story doesn't doesn't matter in the MU.
    2. Because, considering the length of time and the "quality" of some of the writers, damn near every character has done something so awful that if you continually referenced it and don't let bad stories fall away then characters and books become unreadable under the weight of the horrible stories told.
    3. Because the X-Men had become such a toxic waste dump after schism that they all collectively decided to forgive all the little **** like this and it doesn't matter to anyone anymore.
    4. Because death is Marvel's primary get-out-of-whatever-bad-****-you-did-before-you-died card, and therefore all of the sins of the formerly deceased have been forgiven.
    5. Because Xavier mind-wiped it away making everyone all happy again
    6. Because Franklin/Stan Lee/Mickey Mouse continually rewrite reality so that no true progress can never be made and events of the past fade away and don't matter until they suddenly and inexplicably do.
    7. Because everyone in the MU is secretly dead, in hell, and being tortured for all eternity, forced to continually live through a revolving door of character assassination, inconsistent stories, random plots, and radical changes of narrative
    8. Because everyone reading the MU is secretly dead, in hell, and being tortured for all eternity, forced to continually live through a revolving door of character assassination, inconsistent stories, random plots, and radical changes of narrative
    9. A wizard did it

Honestly, who cares? it was a bad plot when it was written (Morrison character assassinated the hell out of everyone in the X-Men), it hasn't aged well, and this is just a bad callback to the days when the fandom's on this site were at each others throats.
    Heh. I often times find myself thinking why don't people just accept 1 or 3 and move on a lot of the time. I think as I get older I just accept the fact that in order for me to continue to enjoy these stories I have to let go of some continuity unless it is deliberately brought up in a current story. These characters have been written in so many different eras and climates that there will never be a way to justify everything they ever do to fit with how new runs choose to portray them.

I just find it funny now when someone is like, in this issue from the 80s this thing happened and it was never addressed... okay, so if either happened off screen or it doesn't matter. What can we do. We don't own the characters. But then again, if something is addresed the other argument is that it wasn't addressed in the correct way (see: The Jean "outing" Bobby thing), so maybe people just like to fight online some times.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    …so maybe people just like to fight online some times.
    Ya think? Tapping into that is how Facebook and Twitter have become multi billion dollar companies that are ripping the very fabric of democratic society apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ya think? Tapping into that is how Facebook and Twitter have become multi billion dollar companies that are ripping the very fabric of democratic society apart.
    Yeah I was trying to allude to that. This is just the comic book version of those things.

Maybe we should just come up with a better ways to discuss these topics. Like putting certain characters on trial, make it like a forum game and have whatever verdict comes out of it the generally agreed opinion we all decide to take on a story and that's that.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Whatever happened to Morrisons words Logan to Jean when she found out about Emma and Scott and wanted to get affectionate. Logan: "You know the score. It would never work between us." Not long after he is dating Ororo. Of course it never led to anything serious but an open relationship later. And in a new love triangle including Kurt. But still... >> They just can't stop bringing it back only to pair her with Scott again.

Jean and Scott have had rational, mature discussions regarding Logan