Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This was shortly after inferno isn´t it, Scott and Jean were not a couple there and Logan and Jean were both tortured on Genosha and Logan was dying, her going to kiss him would not have been my choice but I can see why Jean decided to kiss him given he was dying and she cares for him and she didn´t have a relationship at the time to stop her.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You're right about #1, but how do you reconcile Jean "not having feelings for Logan" while actively sleeping with him? Do you think she sees him as a friend with benefits, similar to Ororo/Logan when they were at the Jean Grey school? I could see that being argued successfully. I understand from your second point that you don't want to talk about Krakoa but that's the era we're in...it's again intellectually dishonest to argue Jean's feelings for Logan were wrapped up and done with in the 90s as if what happened afterwards has no bearing on the discussion or points being made vs. informing them.
    Marvel wants to have their cake and eat it too and ignoring continuity let's them get away with pulling stunts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes acording to Percy and some interview comments by JDW and Hickman, it looks like both Jean and Scott are keeping a sexual relationship with Emma and Logan but I honestly will take the position of Nick Fury on this instance and go all the council is wrong so I will ignore this, it doesn´t make sense at all to any of these characters, Logan and Emma are too proud to stay around for people who can´t compromise with them and are second choice always and Scott and Jean are actually people who take value in their spouse being faithful to them.

This is why I disliked a lot this whole "Krakoa is like Vegas" take it devalues the relationships the characters used to have in exchange of jokes for interviews and nothing more. Because it sure doesn´t look like the writers are truly going to explore Jean and Scott romantic relationship or their supposed "open relationship" with Logan and Emma and that´s honestly insulting to the fans who have been long time readers of this characters. They could have easily covered this on a parody comic not the main line.
    Fantastic, I cosign.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    1) No one needs to have romantic feelings for another person to have sex with them.
    2) Like I said many times, I'm talking about pre-Krakoa, because it seemed to me you framed that question about this period. And also because I don't want to talk about the Krakoa era.
    To support your second point, if we’re including Krakoa, then WHY does this conversation matter? There is no animosity left in the love square because they’re apparently all screwing and happy with the situation. There is no one that needs to be “held accountable” (I still don’t know what that sh*t means) because they’re all grown and have moved on.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Responding to the OP:

Scott and the X-Bystanders don't want to get murdered.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    To support your second point, if we’re including Krakoa, then WHY does this conversation matter? There is no animosity left in the love square because they’re apparently all screwing and happy with the situation. There is no one that needs to be “held accountable” (I still don’t know what that sh*t means) because they’re all grown and have moved on.
    Yes. Which is just another reason why I'm talking about pre-Krakoa.

1) It seemed to me that pre-Krakoa was the period considered in the original post.
    2) After Krakoa, it doesn't make sense to judge Jean for having an "emotional affair" during what it seems to have been a polyamorous relationship, especially when we don't know the actual nature of it.
    3) I find it really hard to argue objectively about what happened during this Krakoa era (is it even still a thing?) because while I do read it in a certain way, I can't really argue against people who read it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, since we’re throwing inflammatory grenades into the room, I personally think it’s because Jean and Logan are soul mates and all the other X-men know it. So they don’t hold it against her and understand that she stays with Scott out of guilt, and necessity. Because without Jean to keep him steady Scott can’t lead the X-men as effectively. So she allows for his dalliances with Emma, while he allows for hers with Logan; because whether they can admit to one another or not, they’re not each other’s soul mate. They’re really just good friends who love each other. My $.02.
    I Think the same.

Emma Makes Scott a man
    Logan makes Jean a humanbeing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Jean's feelings might not (probably don't) constitute an emotional affair, but what healthy relationship has one member having active feelings of romantic interest for another person for years? That's what I want to contend with.
    I have to agree, I get superheroing is a diff. job on the mind and scott has under certain writers been very repressed.Also I think it's something about the 2, he seems much more confident and more importantly relaxed w/ Emma.While Jean feels so w/ Logan at times.Other times it's the opposite so it's all on the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Responding to the OP:

Scott and the X-Bystanders don't want to get murdered.
    Or want to be turned gay LMFAO

Some of you just don’t get Jean, lol…

Extraordinary Member

Also emotional affairs are tough to decipher IRL, much more so in comics.And every comic couple has them unfourtunately, even one as good as PeterMJ(still one of the worst and most OOC they have been written but still).All comic couple suffer from bad writing.Peter's gone for a week(IIRC), she feels lonely, a rich guy called Jerome(IIRC) pushes on her twice(it's mostly him kissing and her pulling back one panel of eyes closed) and then she invites him home, when he arrives she calls him sick and vile(the only thing that made sense in this), smashes and wine glass on his legs and then says she'll wait for him and she only wants to love him blah blah you get the deal.Oh also the room where she invites Jason Jerome is filled w/ Pics of Peter beforehand by her.

So yeah, it's weird and OOC.But the major diff. is it's way in the past w/ an obscure character and hasn't been retconned into being mutual.

I severely doubt Logan Jean will ever be put in the past and/or treated as one sided.Some writers love to think Logan is a bad boy who can pull all girls single or otherwise when in all reality he's a smelly grumpy 5'3 canadian w/ more hair on him than the beast.So one of these days a writer will make Jean fall for his "charms", doesn't help that the movies cemented that to the audience....

Honestly Jean's entire arc in Morisson was that she understood Scott loved emma and she let go, why they put them back together makes no sense to me.You're not coming back from that, you have to do something new w/ her.Single, Logan , Bishop, a new guy, a new girl....
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-26-2021 at 07:41 PM.

It was a running gag back then. Same for Candy Southern yelling at Jean and Warren
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Or want to be turned gay LMFAO
    An entirely different conversation, but I was being dead (eh) serious. Jean reuniting with the Phoenix off-panel and having it murder Scott/Emma/whomever is the premise of several What Ifs. If Scott walks out on terms that Jean didn't sign off on, people will die by cosmic chicken fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Honestly Jean's entire arc in Morisson was that she understood Scott loved emma and she let go, why they put them back together makes no sense to me.You're not coming back from that, you have to do something new w/ her.Single, Logan , Bishop, a new guy, a new girl....
    Actually, per the text, it was the other way around: She understood Emma loved Scott. Moreover, her arc under Morrison was about transcendence and ascendance. She had gradually reached a point where, though she was still capable of feeling and empathizing on a human level, overall, her emotions were on a cosmic level. She was unbothered and that had little to do with her realizing anything about anybody else but herself.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    An entirely different conversation, but I was being dead (eh) serious. Jean reuniting with the Phoenix off-panel and having it murder Scott/Emma/whomever is the premise of several What Ifs. If Scott walks out on terms that Jean didn't sign off on, people will die by cosmic chicken fire.
    But Jean doesn´t have the phoenix anymore and I don´t think she will use her tk on Scott just because he wants to get back to Emma, so their molecules are safe and you know, if the writers wanted their cake and eat it so badly, they should have just keep Jean and Scott appart and have Emma and Logan around.

I agree with Spiderfan001 that emotional relationships are messy and it´s to be expected comic book characters to also be that way, with even more reason because of the drama but we need this to be explored considering who these characters are and why they care for each other, not just suggest some things and then left it unadressed for two years.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-26-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    But Jean doesn´t have the phoenix anymore and I don´t think she will use her tk on Scott just because he wants to get back to Emma, so their molecules are safe and you know, if the writers wanted their cake and eat it so badly, they should have just keep Jean and Scott appart and have Emma and Logan around.
    1. I did say "reuniting with the Phoenix off-panel".

2. I never said anything about Emma. Or Logan. I am totally saying he'd get murdered anyway even if he meant to fly solo for a while.

Edit: Anyone has a scan of Jeen's reaction to Tyke leaving so he can spend time with his family?

I womder if they ever commented on why they went down this route. Poor Candy was fridged and Madeylne was character assassinated as a result

But Claremont was well aware of it as he commented on this through his Jean Bomb in UXM
    Attached Images Attached Images