Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This was after she knew he had a wife and Kid
    Again, post the whole scene, darling…

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Jean does have a temper and I could see her pushing Scott around during a fight but no to the point you are suggesting
    I'll say it again, Jean getting her revenge on Scott/Emma and having the Phoenix take the blame is the entire point of several What Ifs. At least four that I can think of from the top of my head, lol. Endsong, AvX, that Scott-becoming-president one-shot, E is for Extinction. That's... amusingly bonkers.

and why would it bother her if he wanted to be alone?
    I really, really don't know. Ask Jeen. She's the one who had issues with the guy taking some time off so he could hang with people who wouldn't treat him like crap. Short of chronic selfishness and/or straight up insanity, I can't really come up with any reasonable explanation.

we are talking about a woman who in canon pushed him to Emma because it looked like a good idea for them at the time.
    Are we, though? The whole point of Jean's character arc under Morrison was that she was basically ascending to godhood/leaving human emotions behind. Basically, Goddess!Jean can let go. Regular!Jean will throw you at a chopper for not putting out or whatever.

Edit: Regular!Jean will throw *Scott* at a chopper. Other dudes can get away with it for some reason.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-26-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Again, post the whole scene, darling…

Keep in mind the context here is he is finally going to find his wife and child. The whole scene sort of makes it worse. And this occurs after a lot of the stuff you posted

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I'll say it again, Jean getting her revenge on Scott/Emma and having the Phoenix take the blame is the entire point of several What Ifs. At least four that I can think of from the top of my head, lol. Endsong, AvX, that Scott-becoming-president one-shot, E is for Extinction. That's... amusingly bonkers.
    What ifīs are indeed opportunities to know bonkers takes on stories, like that one time the X-men were tv stars and Apocalypse took over the world so I donīt think they are relevant when it comes to this, I am going just by whatīs canon.

I really, really don't know. Ask Jeen. She's the one who had issues with the guy taking some time off so he could hang with people who wouldn't treat him like crap. Short of chronic selfishness and/or straight up insanity, I can't really come up with any reasonable explanation.
    Didnīt Scott dated bloodStorm during this run after staying for a while with his Dad on space while Jeen dated Hank? Sure they were teenagers so they were more dramatic than their adult selves and were actively trying to become different people but itīs not like they didnīt date others at the time or had their own stuff going on.

Are we, though? The whole point of Jean's character arc under Morrison was that she was basically ascending to godhood/leaving human emotions behind. Basically, Goddess!Jean can let go. Regular!Jean will throw you at a chopper for not putting out or whatever.
    Edit: Regular!Jean will throw *Scott* at a chopper. Other dudes can get away with it for some reason.
    I donīt know if Jean can let go of Scott after being dead and finding out Scott married, I think she can handle him going on his own way, for what I have seen what really pisses her off is being cheated on.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

This came across as completely unhinged as Madeylne (at the time what was thought to be a baseline human) had no powers to protect Nathaniel Summers from the Marauders
    Attached Images Attached Images

Madeylnes death announced in X-factor 26 followed by a kiss and the live Scott the world needs you. I imagine Morrison was paying homage to this scene when he had Emma and Scott kiss after HCT

The context here is we just learnt of Madeylnes official death on t.v. The reader knows shes stilll alive but in universe characters believe she died. So this scene occurs right after Madelynes death is broadcast on tv
    Attached Images Attached Images

Keep in mind the context here is he is finally going to find his wife and child. The whole scene sort of makes it worse. And this occurs after a lot of the stuff you posted
    Yes, he is finally going to do what Jean repeatedly told him he should do from the very beginning, and after she had surrendered her soul to Mephisto to save both Madelyne and Nathan. She also makes it clear that she is saying goodbye.

Your reach is extreme and certainly does not belie your bias. Then again…

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yes, he is finally going to do what Jean repeatedly told him he should do from the very beginning, and after she had surrendered her soul to Mephisto to save both Madelyne and Nathan. She also makes it clear that she is saying goodbye.

Your reach is extreme and certainly does not belie your bias. Then again…

You don't kiss someone who is planning to make up with his wife. Especially when you are the reason the marriage fell apart in the first place.

The whole scene is badly written. I don't think its possible to defend the indefensible there. Bad writing is bad writing

IMHO the whole X-factor story was garbage. The Maddie Jean Scott thing was just badly written.

Claremont salvaged the mess right up to the point where he had her sell her soul to demons. At that point he lost me again. I don't hold X-factor in high regard the writing was just bad.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-26-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

What ifīs are indeed opportunities to know bonkers takes on stories, like that one time the X-men were tv stars and Apocalypse took over the world so I donīt think they are relevant when it comes to this, I am going just by whatīs canon.
    Well, *current* canon is that Jean is okay with Scott and Emma hooking up, but she doesn't want to see them together (Hickman), she doesn't seem to particularly mind Scott carrying the guilt/blame for the both of them (Duggan), she *so far* has shown zero guilt about betraying Scott's trust (everyone) and she still thinks she's the sole victim (Percy, lololololol). Yep, if the dude dares to walk out/file for divorce without her giving him the greenlight, he's gonna get it, lol.

Didnīt Scott dated bloodStorm during this run after staying for a while with his Dad on space while Jeen dated Hank? Sure they were teenagers so they were more dramatic than their adult selves and were actively trying to become different people but itīs not like they didnīt date others at the time or had their own stuff going on.
    Not quite (Tyke was indeed attracted to BloodStorm, but they never really dated), but close enough. The point was that she didn't *want* for him to have any of that unless she signed off on it, basically. That's just... yeah.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, *current* canon is that Jean is okay with Scott and Emma hooking up, but she doesn't want to see them together (Hickman), she doesn't seem to particularly mind Scott carrying the guilt/blame for the both of them (Duggan), she *so far* has shown zero guilt about betraying Scott's trust (everyone) and she still thinks she's the sole victim (Percy, lololololol). Yep, if the dude dares to walk out/file for divorce without her giving him the greenlight, he's gonna get it, lol.
    To be fair Scott and Emma have been shown together as well and even teased each other during the whole XM VS FF4 story and I donīt think Percy remembers Jean and Scott are still married, he just writes her as if she was always Loganīs lover or at the very least, as friends with benefits and it doensīt really made sense to me but well, all of them seem to be ok with that and Logan even has a room at their home on the moon.

Not quite (Tyke was indeed attracted to BloodStorm, but they never really dated), but close enough. The point was that she didn't *want* for him to have any of that unless she signed off on it, basically. That's just... yeah.
    I guess this is your take on her but honestly, I donīt see any of this "controlling" Jean you seem to see. Their teenager selves often had more problem accepting their grow up selves than trying to get along.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-26-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

This came across as completely unhinged as Madeylne (at the time what was thought to be a baseline human) had no powers to protect Nathaniel Summers from the Marauders
    She pushed Scott to find Madelyne, surrendered her own soul to save her and Nathan, then believed she was murdered, a year after which Scott kissed her for the first time without provocation, only to find out she had been with the X-Men all along. Mind you, she barely had time to process the fact that a clone took her place for six years, she lost her telepathy (this crushed her), an attempt was made on her sister’s life, and that she had no idea where either her sister, niece, or nephew were in between fighting battles and helping Scott heal.

In the pages you shared, she even says, “I can’t take this anymore!” And that’s considering the fact that, again, she put Madelyne and Nathan before her own life, literally, and was dealing with her own personal issues. She was entitled to a breakdown by that point.

Nonetheless, your concern puzzles me, considering your favorite has done far worse, such as kill an animal to manipulate its owner, help Mastermind psychically and physically rape the Phoenix clone, use Ororo’s body to be intimate with Shaw, seduce and take control of teenage Scott’s mind, telepathically show teenage Jean sex scenes between her and adult Scott to hurt her, and the list goes on. (Mind you, I haven’t even mentioned the affair because there really is no need to.)

Madeylnes death announced in X-factor 26 followed by a kiss and the live Scott the world needs you…
    And again, you conveniently leave out an integral part of the rest of the scene, which is actually on the page you posted.

“Let me…let us help you. We’ll find [Madelyne’s killers], whoever they are. And lay her ghost to rest together.” This was nearly or over a year after Madelyne was first believed dead.

You don't kiss someone who is planning to make up with his wife. Especially when you are the reason the marriage fell apart in the first place.
    Firstly, she is not the reason the marriage fell apart. That was Scott’s doing. I feel the same about his affair with Emma, however disgusting and lecherous she may have been.

Secondly, I’ve kissed three exes on the lips as a final goodbye. One of those times I was already with someone else and, after, I told him about it. Another of those times my ex had a boyfriend, but, like Jean, I wasn’t trying to get him back. The last time, both of us were single but knew it wouldn’t work. We still kissed. It happens. Each of those kisses were meant to symbolize all that those men had meant and would forever mean to me. Of course, you would have to be mature and secure with yourself to understand.

Claremont salvaged the mess right up to the point where he had her sell her soul to demons. At that point he lost me again. I don't hold X-factor in high regard the writing was just bad.
    On this we agree.
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-26-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I am more inclined to think that this thing with Logan and Jean is pure attraction no matter what is pushed later. He just didn't like Scott and saw him as a boy scout and he was also the head honcho. He saw the "hot girl/good girl" was his girlfriend and wanted her. I never saw anything meaningful between either outside Wolvy seeing the bad girl beneath Jean. During her time as Pheonix. A big fantasy is a bad girl hidden underearth a good girl. And to lure her away would be a part of the excitement. I don't even like Scott and Jean together anymore, outside of the occasional nostalgic remising. I used to like them but all this back and forth... But I feel LoJean is just as used up at this point.

This is the progression of Logan’s love for Jean…

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

To answer the thread question, there really isn't enough of anything to even consider an emotional affair or an affair of any kind. Despite how things might be framed at times, the love triangle between Scott, Jean, and Logan wasn't that big of a deal. Most of it is due to backscene drama and consisted of one sided kisses in the comic pages. The movies are another story.

That being said, it's interesting that these discussions tend to lead to one character always being thrown under a bus. I don't think that's necessary, nor do I think the "jabs" at the characters are either. Shipping seems to bring out the worst sometimes, I guess.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia