Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Really, who thinks that a great thing for Jean would be to go and say "Scott, I want to be held accountable: I'm sorry for kissing Logan that time, please forgive me, it does not matter that you had telepathic sex in the astral plane with another woman dressed in my clothes". C'MON.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I remember. And again: she's freaking out because they're about to die, not looking at Logan, right before the kiss.

This is not the state of mind of someone who wants to be kissed. He's the one who says that if that's their last breath, they're not wasting it. It's *not* her.

So again: if we're going to judge her, how can we not take her feelings and circumstances into account?
    I agree with this too.

I remember. And again: she's freaking out because they're about to die, not looking at Logan, right before the kiss.

This is not the state of mind of someone who wants to be kissed. He's the one who says that if that's their last breath, they're not wasting it. It's *not* her.

So again: if we're going to judge her, how can we not take her feelings and circumstances into account?

29965E78-1453-48A8-AD19-95CF52FEF4A7.jpg

Per your request in this instance though she’s telling Logan’s she Lonely. She is speaking of Scott but he’s gone off the grid emotionally. Logan is telling her she belongs to him. But they both kiss. Logan didn’t take it.
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 10-26-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    In the panel that was posted, Jean and Logan are clearly making out, hence there being several consecutive panels of the kiss to communicate time passing before she pulls away. Reading that as Logan forcing himself on her does a disservice to both characters (in a major way) and is intellectually dishonest, but it's to be expected when there is a certain sect of fans who are responsible for Saint Jean being used pejoratively. That kiss was the same as Betsy's and Scott's in that Scott (Jean) went along with it until they came to their senses, realized it was the "wrong" thing to do, and pulled away. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Pretty much this. It's not a big deal either way.
    And as they are both quite together now it's pointless to rehash past "moments of weakness" as if they're so significant because as a couple and as individuals they've both clearly moved on.

And that's all I have to say on this matter which has devolved into utter tedium.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    29965E78-1453-48A8-AD19-95CF52FEF4A7.jpg

Per your request in this instance though she’s telling Logan’s she Lonely. She is speaking of Scott but he’s gone off the grid emotionally. Logan telling her she belongs to him. But they both kiss. Logan didn’t take it.
    Why should Logan be allowed to *tell* her she belongs to him? I think that phrase alone shows that you can say he actually did "take" what he wanted. Again, this is about his feelings, isn't it?

Not hers. Why aren't we taking hers into account here?

EDIT: Sorry. I have to log off now. I'll try to reply tomorrow if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    She did act on it though, repeatedly.
    I don’t have a huge stake in this game, but didn’t she act on it twice? Once was when they thought they were going to die? Yeah that’s not ideal, but you can’t really hold her accountable for all the times Logan initiated when her only “crime” was thinking he’s hot. Also there was no space in universe for characters to hold Jean “accountable” (whatever that means) because she was dead. Also a big factor of in-universe disapproval of Scemma was distrust of Emma as a hero (that’s a whole other can of worms) and because Scott moved on right after Jean died (because they don’t have the knowledge we do that Jean died fine with it).
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-26-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

It's funny because it doesn't matter how many times Jean says she loves Scott, people still think she was only with him because of guilt. Because Logan says so.

Why is it that the perspective of a male character about a female character's feelings is more important than her own?
    Happens when the males are fan favorites.

Reminds me of Buffy x Spike. She spent season 6 screwing him while suffering PTSD. She says repeatedly that she doesn't love him, and all they have is casual sex.

But Spike refuses to believe her, says she loves him and just won't admit it, and that's what their shippers cling to. Spike's twisted interpretation rather than Buffy outright saying where she stood on numerous occasions.

Like I said, she didn't think those feelings were romantic. What else do we need to contend with?

EDIT: She figured her confusion out back in the 90s.

You know I'm perfectly happy to leave it at that, but Marvel creative has kept reneging on the resolution, especially with the current shenanigans.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We really comparing

- having a secret wife and child plus later having a straight sexual affair with another woman

to

- being attracted to someone else but not acting on it.

Wow.
    No one should be. That's not what I'm doing, and I don't think most people here are.

We need to avoid characterizing Jean or Scott as monsters here. Unfortunately, this sort of topic tends to devolve into nonsense.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You know I'm perfectly happy to leave it at that, but Marvel creative has kept reneging on the resolution, especially with the current shenanigans.
    Yeah, the "current shenanigans" are interesting, to say the least. I mean, they have Scott reminding Logan he'll be wearing a speedo, to which Logan grunts suggestively, and Logan telling Jean about Colussus, "He's got a big everything."

I mean, chiiile...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yeah, the "current shenanigans" are interesting, to say the least. I mean, they have Scott reminding Logan he'll be wearing a speedo, to which Logan grunts suggestively, and Logan telling Jean about Colussus, "He's got a big everything."

I mean, chiiile...
    I'm aware that it isn't a simple Jean/Logan thing, like Scott is being directly harmed or anything, but that doesn't mean it makes sense or that it works — and regarding this topic, it certainly doesn't help put this thing to rest.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I'm aware that it isn't a simple Jean/Logan thing, like Scott is being directly harmed or anything, but that doesn't mean it makes sense or that it works — and regarding this topic, it certainly doesn't help put this thing to rest.
    It doesn't mean that what makes sense or works?

And yet those shenanigans have us talking about this over and over and over, and litigating the relationships from both sides (or all sides for that likely small group who are neither Jott nor Jogan shippers but rather enjoy the polyamory undefined current status quo)…

…kind of makes you wonder if that’s not the point?

This again? lol. Anyway the reason is because it was never a particurlary deep or nuanced subplot, it was two moments that Claremont put there and the issue was put to rest after Fatal Attractions. Until Casey and Morrison briefly brought it back and then quickly tossed aside. Jean had some level of attraction toward Logan, but it was never enought to put a dem in her relationship with Scott and while Jean is not innocent on this, Logan is clearly the main guilty in that regard, so an emotional affair is a reach. I'm saying this as someone that cares far more about Wolverine than Jean and Scott and im indifferent to their romance,
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I think OP was talking about pre-Krakoa era, though. Jean died during Morrison's run. She was asking about Scott and talking about love as she's dying near the Sun - it doesn't scream romantic feelings towards Logan. Then she comes back and they (EDIT: Scott and Jean) meet two times before Krakoa and, judging by their interaction, it seems pretty clear that she loves Scott. So again: what kind of actual romantic feelings Jean has for Logan if she keeps saying and acting in accordance to loving Scott? I think we can only contend she had those feelings if we ignore what the character actually says she feels over and over again. And, personally, I have a problem with invalidating her feelings while simultaneously judging her.

EDIT: Before Morrison's run, when it comes to the couple, there was The Twelve. Jean lost Scott and was devastated. And right before that, they were in Alaska, recovering, and talking about having a baby. Where is her romantic feelings towards Logan during all of that? Yes. Logan is important to her. He certainly has a special place in her heart, but so does Ororo and Xavier. It seems to me that what we're actually judging her is for being attracted to Logan. And that... that is way too unfair.

Current shenanigans is something I don't think anyone can argue without resorting to speculation, though, and I'm so tired of this particular discussion that I just don't want to anyway.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-26-2021 at 03:24 PM.