Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

The rest, as they say, is history.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    To be fair Scott and Emma have been shown together as well and even teased each other during the whole XM VS FF4 story and I donīt think Percy remembers Jean and Scott are still married, he just writes her as if she was always Loganīs lover or at the very least, as friends with benefits and it doensīt really made sense to me but well, all of them seem to be ok with that and Logan even has a room at their home on the moon.
    1. Just so we're clear, I fully agree that Percy's take on the relationship(s) is hilariously/pettily disconnected to everything else that's going on. It might as well be an AU. Still, canon is canon.

2. I fail to see how any of this addresses the "Jean's okay with it, but she doesn't want to see or hear about it". Heck, it's almost as if the writers were given a "It's alright to imply Scott and Emma are doing it, but do not show them touching" directive.

I guess this is your take on her but honestly, I donīt see any of this "controlling" Jean you seem to see. Their teenager selves often had more problem accepting their grow up selves than trying to get along.
    This is Jeen's canonical response to Tyke being in close physical proximity of another woman without her signing off on it.

Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-26-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    1. Just so we're clear, I fully agree that Percy's take on the relationship(s) is hilariously/pettily disconnected to everything else that's going on. It might as well be an AU. Still, canon is canon.

2. I fail to see how any of this addresses the "Jean's okay with it, but she doesn't want to see or hear about it". Heck, it's almost as if the writers were given a "It's alright to imply Scott and Emma are doing it, but do not show them touching" directive.
    Yes and I get the feeling now they are living outside Krakoa, most writers will ignore this ever happened with maybe the exception of Percy.

This is Jeen's canonical response to Tyke being in close physical proximity of another woman without her signing off on it.

She looks cute, still I donīt see her being particulary controlling, just upset and given sheīs 16 here and he used to be her bf, itīs to be expected.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Actually, per the text, it was the other way around: She understood Emma loved Scott. Moreover, her arc under Morrison was about transcendence and ascendance. She had gradually reached a point where, though she was still capable of feeling and empathizing on a human level, overall, her emotions were on a cosmic level. She was unbothered and that had little to do with her realizing anything about anybody else but herself.
    She does say "Scott needs you".

I know, it's her arc you are talking about.I'm saying she also realized the whole Scott/Emma thing.

She always thought of Scott’s other women first, even when she was lied to and betrayed.
    Agreed

Yes and I get the feeling now they are living outside Krakoa, most writers will ignore this ever happened with maybe the exception of Percy.

She looks cute, still I donīt see her being particulary controlling, just upset and given sheīs 16 here and he used to be her bf, itīs to be expected.
    The odd part with that pic Fluffy posted is that Jeen was involved with Hank at the time - although I don't really blame her. Her future life wasn't what she was hoping for, even discounting the part about being dead, and she couldn't have found a source of information more biased against Scott than the one she got if she had scoured the multiverse for it (barring a 4th wall break and getting Claremont).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Firstly, she is not the reason the marriage fell apart. That was Scott’s doing. I feel the same about his affair with Emma, however disgusting and lecherous she may have been.

Secondly, I’ve kissed three exes on the lips as a final goodbye. One of those times I was already with someone else and, after, I told him about it. Another of those times my ex had a boyfriend, but, like Jean, I wasn’t trying to get him back. The last time, both of us were single but knew it wouldn’t work. We still kissed. It happens. Each of those kisses were meant to symbolize all that those men had meant and would forever mean to me. Of course, you would have to be mature and secure with yourself to understand.
    Scott def f*cked his own marriage.It was both of them, but Emma is a horrible human being(Idk if this is debatable no matter how many writers try to ignore what she has done in the past or even recently ) but Scott went to her anyways, didn't shut it off immediately and didn't tell Jean ASAP.

Depends on the culture/environment as well, some people even kiss as a when meeting someone.Personally if you're not in a relationship w/ someone do what you want, if you are then respect their boundaries if you feel they aren't being pushy/controlling.Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, just the people in the actual relationship.Also Jean and Scott are a bit more than your usual ex, which means I get why they kissed even more, but also Maddie who def. feels way less important to Jean wouldn't be secure w/ that and understandably so.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    To answer the thread question, there really isn't enough of anything to even consider an emotional affair or an affair of any kind. Despite how things might be framed at times, the love triangle between Scott, Jean, and Logan wasn't that big of a deal. Most of it is due to backscene drama and consisted of one sided kisses in the comic pages. The movies are another story.

That being said, it's interesting that these discussions tend to lead to one character always being thrown under a bus. I don't think that's necessary, nor do I think the "jabs" at the characters are either. Shipping seems to bring out the worst sometimes, I guess.
    "Shipping seems to bring out the worst"-THIS.The Peter-Johnny/Spiderpool and MCU and specially "Starker" people are just.....

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

Agreed on first 2, also Emma has always been flirtatious and has no filter.Everything we've got doesn't remotely mean they are intimate.

Tean was a mess w/ Scott, and that whole Beast thing as well.I get it though, teenager and the whole knowing your future thing would mess anyone up.But still they were so chaotic

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Tean was a mess w/ Scott, and that whole Beast thing as well.I get it though, teenager and the whole knowing your future thing would mess anyone up.But still they were so chaotic
    Well, she not only learned what would happen to her in the future but also what Scott would do to her and, later, to Xavier. Frankly, this entire arc is raw, real, messy, and beautiful. By the time they get to this, it feels earned:

I’m certainly not what you would call a Jean and Scott shipper, but this era made me root for them. It’s also essential to understanding why they got back together after Jean’s resurrection and why they’re together now. They both remember everything that they worked through during their time-displacement - and it all came out. However, I get that fans would like/have liked to see them do this as adults, and perhaps they should revisit/discuss what they went through during this period now. Hopefully, that will happen.

Ultimately, though, their time-displacement years added much needed closure to several aspects of both characters’ lives.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

What made that era terrible was Scott becoming the designated punching bag for a majority of the stories. Heck, he took part in that activity himself. That's the one time I feel they were better off separated. Being an angry teenager only goes so far, not to mention, she wasn't the only one with a terrible future.

She always thought of Scott’s other women first, even when she was lied to and betrayed.
    She attacked Emma, though. Did she have reason to? Yes, but I don't think that shows she was putting Emma before herself if we're going to be exact.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-27-2021 at 02:44 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

What made that era terrible was Scott becoming the designated punching bag for a majority of the stories. Heck, he took part in that activity himself. That's the one time I feel they were better off separated. Being an angry teenager only goes so far, not to mention, she wasn't the only one with a terrible future.
    I found him stoic, valiant, and endearing. It’s one of my favorite depictions of him.

She attacked Emma, though. Did she have reason to? Yes, but I don't think that shows she was putting Emma before herself if we're going to be exact.
    Most people misread that scene as either Jean attacking her or raiding her mind to find out about Scott. Really, it had more to do with wanting to find out if she was hiding other things and working against the team. However, towards the end of her psychic tour of Emma’s mind, Jean treated her much like Emma treated her victims: with irreverence.

Still, Jean could have done much worse. She could have physically harmed or simply killed her. She could have taken over her mind and body - something Emma has been prone to doing and enjoying - and utterly humiliated her. But she didn’t. Instead, she kept their exchange private and, ultimately, ended up saving her life after one of her own students attempted to kill her.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I found him stoic, valiant, and endearing. It’s one of my favorite depictions of him.
    That's interesting, but fair. Not sure I'd agree with any of those descriptions of him, however. Maybe stoic.

Most people misread that scene as either Jean attacking her or raiding her mind to find out about Scott. Really, it had more to do with wanting to find out if she was hiding other things and working against the team. However, towards the end of her psychic tour of Emma’s mind, Jean treated her much like Emma treated her victims: with irreverence.

Still, Jean could have done much worse. She could have physically harmed or simply killed her. She could have taken over her mind and body - something Emma has been prone to doing and enjoying - and utterly humiliated her. But she didn’t. Instead, she kept their exchange private and, ultimately, ended up saving her life after one of her own students attempted to kill her.
    Regardless of what Jean intended, it's an attack. It was a violent intrusion of Emma's mind deserved or underserved. She could have done worse, sure, but that doesn't change what it was. The image posted depicts it as a rather violent and anger fueled scene. I'm not sure how that's just a "tour of Emma's mind"?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

That's interesting, but fair. Not sure I'd agree with any of those descriptions of him, however. Maybe stoic.
    Mercury did give an accurate depiction of what Tyke was like before Bendis gave up and started phoning it in. He didn't turn into a worthless twerp to make other look better until after Stupid Wars.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I just loved him in this, both as a teenager and adult. His strength and sensitivity shone through. This is one of my favorite Jean and Scott scenes ever. (Between the art and writing, I actually caught myself being attracted to him, which made me feel strange, lol.)

Regardless of what Jean intended, it's an attack. It was a violent intrusion of Emma's mind deserved or underserved. She could have done worse, sure, but that doesn't change what it was. The image posted depicts it as a rather violent and anger fueled scene. I'm not sure how that's just a "tour of Emma's mind"?
    It was a tour and Emma was the horse she rode on.