Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I’ve seen Jean back in (don’t remember the exact issue) where they thought there were about to die and Jean willingly kisses him.
    I also remember when Cyke was going through his post Apocalypse days, where Jean And Logan are on a mountain top and they kiss but Logan tells her it would never work. Jean is to blame as to blame as Logan’s advances.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I’ve seen Jean back in don’t remember the exact issue where they thought there were about to die and Jean willingly kisses him.
    I also remember when Cyke was going through his post Apocalypse days where Jean And Logan on a mountain top and they kiss but Logan tells her it would never work. Jean is to blame as to blame as Logan’s advances.
    No. She's not. You can read all of those pre-Krakoa kisses as non-consented. Specially because she's not even looking at Logan in the panel *right before* the kiss in 3 out of 4 of them. And the one she's looking at him, she's already pulling away from him.

The reason she doesn't confront him is because after the first occasion in which this happens, he taunts her, which makes her feelings of guilt and shame much worse.

Stop blaming the victim.

This thread is so sexist, it so blatantly disregards the feelings of the female character who is accused of having an emotional *affair*, (which is an deliberate action, not a feeling) that it is frankly, disgusting.

Would you also add the panel right before the kiss, please? The one in which she's talking about *Scott*? And not even looking at Logan?

Fantastic Member

Honestly, I'm speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Finally, a new topic.
    It could be, if we actually discussed something beyond the usual talking points.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In a very similar scenario to her moment with Logan back then, in the early X-Men books...Psylocke (under Kwannon's "influence" apparently) flirts with and kisses Scott who seemed very responsive at the time.

It really isn't that problematic of an issue.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Jean's feelings might not (probably don't) constitute an emotional affair, but what healthy relationship has one member having active feelings of romantic interest for another person for years? That's what I want to contend with.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In a very similar scenario to her moment with Logan back then, in the early X-Men books...Psylocke (under Kwannon's "influence" apparently) flirts with and kisses Scott who seemed very responsive at the time.

It really isn't that problematic of an issue.
    He's not responsive at all. In fact, he pushes her away.

EDIT:

Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-26-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Jean's feelings might not (probably don't) constitute an emotional affair, but what healthy relationship has one member having active feelings of romantic interest for another person for years? That's what I want to contend with.
    Like I said, she didn't think those feelings were romantic. What else do we need to contend with?

EDIT: She figured her confusion out back in the 90s.

Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-26-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's funny because it doesn't matter how many times Jean says she loves Scott, people still think she was only with him because of guilt. Because Logan says so.

Why is it that the perspective of a male character about a female character's feelings is more important than her own?
    The funnier statement would be that Scott loves himself only because of guilt. He and Jean love each other for a myriad of reasons, same with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    The funnier statement would be that Scott loves himself only because of guilt. He and Jean love each other for a myriad of reasons, same with the others.
    Though, I disagree, it's not really the point of the thread.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Besides the mutual respect, understanding, honesty, love and affection which Jean and Scott clearly have for each other...What constitutes a "healthy" relationship, exactly?
    One where both partners have nothing but eyes, hearts, bodies and souls for each other to the complete exclusion of emotional connection to other people?
    One where each is blinded to the other's faults and just accepts them because...love?

My point being..."healthy" as it determines any relationship is dependent on the individuals involved and isn't 100% predicated on a standard set list of criteria...as reported by Cosmopolitan or Women's Home Journal.

@Gsoul...they kiss...then he pushes her away, clearly conflicted between feeling the attraction to Psylocke but knowing his love is for Jean.
    Again...not a big deal as far as romances, real or imagined, go.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-26-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Besides the mutual respect, understanding, honesty, love and affection which Jean and Scott clearly have for each other...What constitutes a "healthy" relationship, exactly?
    One where both partners have nothing but eyes, hearts, bodies and souls for each other to the complete exclusion of emotional connection to other people?
    One where each is blinded to the other's faults and just accepts them because...love?
    I'd say it's actually being honest and supportive of each other. Which Scott and Jean were. But there are too many receipts of that for a single thread.

Perhaps I should post some, though.

Amazing Member