Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default Why is Jean never held accountable for her emotional affair with another man?

Despite the inflammatory thread title, I'm genuinely curious.

It's well documented that Cyclops recieved a ton of flack both in universe and within the fandom for his psychic affair and relationship with Emma, which only happened because Jean herself willed it.

However, Jean, while married, engaged in an emotional affair with Logan for YEARS prior to this, and even approached him for sex while Scott was recovering from his possession by Apocalypse.

I find it a bit odd that basically no one in universe has ever called out Jean on this? And the fandom pretty much turns a blind eye to it too?

I don't know about you guys but isn't it a bit messed up that she never actually set boundaries with Logan? Never once said "Hey, I'm married, back off" or had enough respect for Scott and their marriage to make it clear to Logan that nothing was ever going to happen.

Imagine being in Scott's shoes. Your wife is blatantly in love with another man, you know it, she knows it, the other man knows It, all your friends and family know it. It's honestly pretty humiliating. And you can't do anything about it but accept it.

I'm curious to hear what other people think about it. Perhaps I'm being unfair.
    Last edited by OmegaStorm87; 10-26-2021 at 10:02 AM.