Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What fucking “backstabby shenanigans,” you adorable little fluff ball? Look, I get it, you don’t like Jean. But come back with more than “she let Logan kiss her.”
    Casually dismissing disclosure and honesty. Once again reiterating/reinforcing the entire point of the thread.

For the sake of fairness, Jean *did* shut Scott up and kill him off that one time she could've apologized back for their messy relationship drama. I can appreciate the consistency, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My faves are - Pre-Maddie X-Men (I'm not fond of the replacement goldfish arc even if it is written quite well, because by the time I got to it I knew full well what it was), late X-Factor (Inferno build up till end), All New Tyke from start to end of solo series, Astonishing, and Gillen's run preAvX.
    What the hell is “the replacement goldfish arc”? 😂 Also, I haven’t read much of the post-New X-Men stuff not involving Jean. I get bored and end up turning to Alan Moore’s run on Swamp Thing or something similar, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Casually dismissing disclosure and honesty. Once again reiterating/reinforcing the entire point of the thread.

For the sake of fairness, Jean *did* shut Scott up and kill him off that one time she could've apologized back for their messy relationship drama. I can appreciate the consistency, I suppose.
    I’m lost. Expound.

What the hell is “the replacement goldfish arc”? �� Also, I haven’t read much of the post-New X-Men stuff not involving Jean. I get bored and end up turning to Alan Moore’s run on Swamp Thing or something similar, lol.
    Madelyn Pryor is the trope of replacement goldfish concerning Jean Grey.

Also for a Scott I truly enjoy (although neither is Canon) there is X-Men First Class and X-Men Evolution.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I guess that if the X-men stories have been written by one author and only one, the characters would have less looked like wavering wind vanes…

For some authors, Jean and Logan’s relationship mattered and for other ones, less so… I have only read a Jean not quite insensitive to Logan’s charms but faithful to Scott…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I’m lost. Expound.
    Phoenix Resurrection, of course. Scott's owing up to his crap and apologizing in front of everyone, she's all "I know" instead of, say, any variation of "I'm sorry too", she looks up at the Phoenix and then apologize for the mass fridging she's about to commit. What can I say, she'd rather kill the dude off than apologize about any of the messy relationship stuff. It's awesome.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-27-2021 at 04:43 AM.

Phoenix Resurrection, of course. Scott's owing up to his crap and apologizing in front of everyone, she's all "I know" instead of, say, any variation of "I'm sorry too", she looks up at the Phoenix and then apologize for the mass fridging she's about to commit. What can I say, she'd rather kill the dude off than apologize about any of the messy relationship stuff. It's awesome.
    So, you constitute her letting Logan kiss her in some instances - during others she’s insulted and physically struck him - as equivalent to the times in which he deceived her?

Honestly, it should just be retconned that Scott and Jean were in an open relationship. Both are so boring and predictable as a couple, and Jean deserves to get out and explore more since most of her romantic history being tied to primarily Scott and occasionally Logan.

Let her explore her potential with Lucas Bishop at last. Everyone on here with good taste addressed before how they have incredible chemistry.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Honestly, it should just be retconned that Scott and Jean were in an open relationship. Both are so boring and predictable as a couple, and Jean deserves to get out and explore more since most of her romantic history being tied to primarily Scott and occasionally Logan.

Let her explore her potential with Lucas Bishop at last. Everyone on here with good taste addressed before how they have incredible chemistry.
    Bishop with Jean is a terrible idea, because one of the issues Jean has had over her years is not having agency. To give her a romance that begins with mental rewrites continues that trend on the worst way, even of it does break her out of the insipid triangle. It maybe could have worked before Age of X-Man, but after it is not a good look.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Didn’t she let Scott stay dead because she didn’t want to be seduced by the Phoenix’s power? It didn’t have anything to do with her feelings for Scott because she confesses that “She’ll always love him,” in that same seen. It’s clearly a choice that breaks her heart.

I think I’m out of this discussion, cause some of y’all clearly just want a scene of Jean groveling and being shamed for kissing Logan 2 decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Didn’t she let Scott stay dead because she didn’t want to be seduced by the Phoenix’s power? It didn’t have anything to do with her feelings for Scott because she confesses that “She’ll always love him,” in that same seen. It’s clearly a choice that breaks her heart.

I think I’m out of this discussion, cause some of y’all clearly just want a scene of Jean groveling and being shamed for kissing Logan 2 decades ago.
    Actually, I see Phoenix: Ressurection the same way. Bringing Scott back was the last Hail Mary of the Phoenix, but Jean knew that accepting it would bring great harm to both her and to Scott.
    Dark does not mean deep.

This place always trying to start sh!t.

Jean can just pay off Sinister, get a clone and then marry herself.

That way everyone can just stfu.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

So, you constitute her letting Logan kiss her in some instances - during others she’s insulted and physically struck him - as equivalent to the times in which he deceived her?
    Jean's response to seeking out Logan and making out with him within minutes was to accuse Scott of having an affair with Emma, lol. Scott basically had a cyber affair while Jean was out of the country for a few weeks. Jean had years to shut the door in Logan's face and never did. I'd say it's pretty much dead even.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    1. What on Earth does any of this have to do with Jean's inability/refuse to apologize? It's not like the Phoenix was enforcing a particularly punitive deadline or anything. She could've easily done both.

2. Of course, I'm not being serious about the "she totally fridged him just so she wouldn't have to apologize, lol" bit. Still, she had a golden opportunity to meet him halfway and she didn't do anything about it for... reasons. Then she killed him. Still pretty funny within the context of a discussion about honesty, disclosure and fair share of the blame.

Back to the original point, I wanted to see the two of them talk. They both had a lot of apologizing to do to each other, and just because Scott actually has a lot more of it to do doesn't mean Jean doesn't have any at all.
    Dark does not mean deep.