Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man it is a crime the DC has never collected any of the L.E.G.I.O.N. or R.E.B.E.L.S. series in trades. Such amazing series.

100% in agreement.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    DC Comics Presents #22 and 91.

Attachment 115280
    Unfortunately Garcia Lopez only did the cover for issue 22. I'd have loved for him to have done the interiors also. My favorite character by my favorite artist.

Peace

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who remembers Captain Coment fondly. But with all the reboots since his last appearance, it's not clear if he "exists" in the current DC continuity. They really should bring him back.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who remembers Captain Coment fondly. But with all the reboots since his last appearance, it's not clear if he "exists" in the current DC continuity. They really should bring him back.
    Not only that, but being a man so ahead of his time, Cap should recall all the previous iterations of the Universe. IMHO, there are characters that should be aware of the periodical shifts in reality. Cap, a man born thousands of years ahead of his time, could be one. The Wierd, an energy being from another dimension all-together should be another. Maybe Harbinger, if they ever decide to bring her back.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Not only that, but being a man so ahead of his time, Cap should recall all the previous iterations of the Universe. IMHO, there are characters that should be aware of the periodical shifts in reality. Cap, a man born thousands of years ahead of his time, could be one. The Wierd, an energy being from another dimension all-together should be another. Maybe Harbinger, if they ever decide to bring her back.

Peace
    I agree with you. Also, Cap's Mental Abilities may help him remember even more and better than someone without them who also remembers the events. To them, maybe dream-like, but for Cap, very vivid.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Peace
    Amazing. I was thinking the same thing.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Murphy Anderson cover to STRANGE ADVENTURES #38.

StrangeAdventures38.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Murphy Anderson cover to STRANGE ADVENTURES #38.

StrangeAdventures38.jpg
    EEK! Seeing eye humans!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I always found it kind of interesting that having not been seen in 20 years, he pops up The Secret Society of Super Villains. I always love it when these little known characters pop up out of nowhere. Others include: Animal Man, Enchantress, Dial H for Hero. But for the difference was that I had never heard of Captain Comet when he appeared in SSSV. I had actually read stories about the others before they popped up again.
    Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

That was the start of the Jim Starlin revamp of the character. To sum it up, and I hope I remember it correctly, the original (the fallen one) was murdered by Lady Styxx, however, that event coincided with the return of the Wierd to our reality, and the vast mental powers of Captain Comet hitched a ride on his ressurection to form a new, younger body for himself (the standing one), a body that was physically a bit weaker than his original, but that, however, had full access to his mental powers, even having some new abilities, such as teleportation. Starlin took a few liberties with the character, taking advantage of the trauma to give Comet (he even abolished the use of the "Captain" for a while, but it didn't stick) a new, more selfish and less stiff personality, however the original heroic one ocassionally managed to shine through. I still ptrefer the 70's Cap, but I liked the revamp.

Peace
    Thanks.

That really sounds a bit complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Thanks.

That really sounds a bit complicated.
    You're welcome. If you want to (and if you can find them, and maybe afford them), you can follow the Starlin revamp os Captain Comet, as well as his take on the cosmic side of the DCU (this was sort or running simultaneously with DnA's revamp of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Marvel Cosmic). Cap's death occurs in the 52 storyline, but you really don't have to get that, since it's not by Starlin and it's recapped in his story.
    Mystery in Space Vol 01 (https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Space...01215580&psc=1) and Vol 02 (https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Space...srpt=ABIS_BOOK)
    The Rann-Thanagar Holy War Vol 01 (https://www.amazon.com/Rann-Thanagar...srpt=ABIS_BOOK) and Vol 02 (https://www.amazon.com/Rann-Thanagar...01225039&psc=1)
    And Strange Adventures (https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Adven...srpt=ABIS_BOOK).
    After that, Cap and Adam Strange jumped over to R.E.B.E.L.S. right before that book was canceled and Flashpoint and the New 52 came along, but that was not by Starlin. Expectations with Starlin are oftemn quite high, due to his groundbreaking previous work, and that seems to disappoint a bit some readers when he delivers just a run of the mil story, but I liked that quite a lot. I wish it'd have continued on (and that he didn't have so many characters, such as Hawkman, taken from him).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I always found it kind of interesting that having not been seen in 20 years, he pops up The Secret Society of Super Villains. I always love it when these little known characters pop up out of nowhere. Others include: Animal Man, Enchantress, Dial H for Hero. But for the difference was that I had never heard of Captain Comet when he appeared in SSSV. I had actually read stories about the others before they popped up again.
    Me too. Ostrander did quite a lot of that in his Suicide Squad, which is one of my all-time favorite series.

Peace

Before actually venturing into this thread, for some reason, I was expecting to see discussion about Captain Planet here and not Captain Comet. Not sure how I misread the title. Now that I'm here, I'm not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed—ah well.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 11-15-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Before actually venturing into this thread, for some reason, I was expecting to see discussion about Captain Planet here and not Captain Comet. Not sure how I misread the title. Now that I'm here, I'm not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed—ah well.
    LOL, I guess both.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I remember Captain Planet. Neat concept.