18 11.69%
  • Sixties

2 1.30%
  • Other

2 1.30%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I know all about wet holidays as a kid, I'm from the Lake District. Comics were always around for me too, Terrific Fantastic, Hotspur, Dandy, Beano etc, even Roy of the Rovers.

I also studied art and comics had a huge influence on me, then and now.
    They’re a hugely underestimated art form in the UK (not in Europe or the far East though).

I'm 47. I started reading comics when I was about 11 or 12. I started seriously collecting when I was 13. I'm an artist and have been drawing since I was 3, so I was naturally drawn to comics.
    My avatar is one of my original drawings.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I'm 47. I started reading comics when I was about 11 or 12. I started seriously collecting when I was 13. I'm an artist and have been drawing since I was 3, so I was naturally drawn to comics.
    I love your avatar. Beautiful work!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Cool!
    My avatar is also a detail from one of my digital drawings. I’ve been drawing all my life but only started using digital late last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love your avatar. Beautiful work!
    Thank you!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Cool!
    My avatar is also a detail from one of my digital drawings. I’ve been drawing all my life but only started using digital late last year.
    That's a great drawing of Kurt.
    Mutant and Proud!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I guess I may as well say my age in here. I'm 45.

29 here. Brazilian. Gay.

I started reading comics regularly because of Astonishing X-Men. Stopped a little bit during Bendis' run but was always checking CBR to see what was happening.

I'm 24 years old.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I am a Minnesota gay who turns 40 next April. I've loved the X-Men since the tender age of 7 when I discovered the Pryde of the X-Men movie at my local video rental store. I fell in love with classic Storm first, then Exalibur's Shadowcat, and eventually discovered Colossus's sister Illyana through a Wizard Magazine showcasing "allies" of the X-Men.

Uncanny X-Men #169 "Catacombs" was a formative landmark for me. The Morlock storyline & Storm taking on Callisto really stuck with me and the subsequent 90's X-Men cartoon episode "Captive Hearts" still remains my favorite episode of that series. Once I learned Illyana was a mutant, I remember scouring comic conventions to obtain the Magik: Storm & Illyana miniseries and found myself overcome.

Its been a bumpy road since the mid 90's (pivoting titles, abandoning titles, dipping toes into other franchises) but this current Krakoan Era is truly invigorating in that same way I felt as a kid. I'm continually falling in love over and over with characters I'd previously been indifferent to -- and its all thanks to these wonderful writers and even the FANS (and also Cerebro's podcast) for sharing their unique interpretations.

Mighty Member

27, and I’ve been reading comics for about 20 years.

Teens: 0
    Now that's... something.
    I am at late 20s so let's go with that.

BANNED

Still 0 teens.

Only creepy old people hang out on comic book bb code boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I am a Minnesota gay who turns 40 next April. I've loved the X-Men since the tender age of 7 when I discovered the Pryde of the X-Men movie at my local video rental store. I fell in love with classic Storm first, then Exalibur's Shadowcat, and eventually discovered Colossus's sister Illyana through a Wizard Magazine showcasing "allies" of the X-Men.

Uncanny X-Men #169 "Catacombs" was a formative landmark for me. The Morlock storyline & Storm taking on Callisto really stuck with me and the subsequent 90's X-Men cartoon episode "Captive Hearts" still remains my favorite episode of that series. Once I learned Illyana was a mutant, I remember scouring comic conventions to obtain the Magik: Storm & Illyana miniseries and found myself overcome.

Its been a bumpy road since the mid 90's (pivoting titles, abandoning titles, dipping toes into other franchises) but this current Krakoan Era is truly invigorating in that same way I felt as a kid. I'm continually falling in love over and over with characters I'd previously been indifferent to -- and its all thanks to these wonderful writers and even the FANS (and also Cerebro's podcast) for sharing their unique interpretations.

This begs a question of everyone:

What was your first X-posure?

For me, it was the arcade game, and then the first thing I actually read was the Chaos Engine Trilogy.

Spectacular Member

41, got into X-Men in the early 80’s with Uncanny, Classic, X-Factor, and New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Still 0 teens.

Only creepy old people hang out on comic book bb code boards.

This begs a question of everyone:

What was your first X-posure?

For me, it was the arcade game, and then the first thing I actually read was the Chaos Engine Trilogy.
    My first exposure of x-men...hmm my memory is foggy, but I think it was a new mutant issue...the one where introduced that creepy lady mojo...that was actually psylocke, you know that one where on the cover all the new mutants seem to joyfully running toward a cliff...after that I firmly seriously started with the whole mutant massacre (seriously the bronze age was tough and gritty without being ridiculous...how they did that? All comics of the period were very...tough)