18 11.69%
  • Sixties

2 1.30%
  • Other

2 1.30%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Post What's your age group?

So, X-Fans, all this talk of target audiences, what's your age group? Just curious. No ulterior motive. I made this poll anonymous. If you want to state your age you can do it in the comment section.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-26-2021 at 09:15 PM.

It started just now, but already we can see some interesting data....no teens...and a weird gap between twenties and forties who are the major blocks....

Physically: Twenties

Mentally: About as old as Curse.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Thanks for taking this poll guys.

It seems that 20 and 30s now is tied with 14 and 40's coming in second at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    It started just now, but already we can see some interesting data....no teens...and a weird gap between twenties and forties who are the major blocks....
    Yep, still zero at teens.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Physically: Twenties

Mentally: About as old as Curse.
    An old soul?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I am in my Late 30's, but Honestly I don't feel any more then if I was in My Late 20's, so I considered myself(outside of work shores) pretty Pleases with my state of Age.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Oh are the youngings trying to run us away?! We all knew they would come for us...

Mid 30s exactly. And feeling every bit of it.

Early 30s.

But mentally I'm a cranky old person who just wants everyone to stay off my lawn.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

30s is your best decade. Just saying

I'm 52, and have been reading comics since my early teens
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

So far no teen yet....I start to think that those new young readers everybody talk are as hard to find as bigfoot( wait does this means we are going tk have 100+horrible movies nd shows about finding them?)

(By the way 43 year old here, reading comics and mangas since i learned to read...my first book was when I was 5 or 6 years old, the best Donald Duck stories by Carl Barks. My first marvel comic books was Kraven last hunt...freaked me out at the time....it was kind of an horror story for a young reader...)

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I'm 52, and have been reading comics since my early teens
    I’m 58 and started reading comics when I was about three. I never stopped. First kids comics, (Teddy Bear’s Toybox, Twinkle). Then humour comics (Sparky, Beezer, Beano/Dandy). Girls comics (Mandy, Misty, Spellbound). Sf comics (Century 21, Countdown, 2000 A.D). Which led to Warrior, US indi and underground comics (Bizarre Sex, Fat Freddie’s Cat, Love and Rockets, Mage, Zott). Marvel UK and Captain Britain led to the X-Men when I was about 17 or 18.

Incredible Member

I'm 45 but I certainly don't feel it I guess because I'm single so I don't have the stress of marriage and kids.

My first comic might have been a random Star Wars or Indiana Jones comic but by age 9 I considered it a hobby first with collecting Transformers and G.I.Joe comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’m 58 and started reading comics when I was about three. I never stopped. First kids comics, (Teddy Bear’s Toybox, Twinkle). Then humour comics (Sparky, Beezer, Beano/Dandy). Girls comics (Mandy, Misty, Spellbound). Sf comics (Century 21, Countdown, 2000 A.D). Which led to Warrior, US indi and underground comics (Bizarre Sex, Fat Freddie’s Cat, Love and Rockets, Mage, Zott). Marvel UK and Captain Britain led to the X-Men when I was about 17 or 18.
    I'm 58 as well and, like yourself, been reading comics constantly since the 60s.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I'm 58 as well and, like yourself, been reading comics constantly since the 60s.
    It’s definitely my medium, as an artist , I think it’s the combo of art/story which I love.
    My aunt had a caravan in Wales which we used all summer in the 70s and there were ancient, mildewed copies of Look and Learn which I devoured during wet summers*. I vividly remember the effect The Trigon Empire had on me.

*wet? In Wales, surely not…

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It’s definitely my medium, as an artist , I think it’s the combo of art/story which I love.
    My aunt had a caravan in Wales which we used all summer in the 70s and there were ancient, mildewed copies of Look and Learn which I devoured during wet summers*. I vividly remember the effect The Trigon Empire had on me.

*wet? In Wales, surely not…
    I know all about wet holidays as a kid, I'm from the Lake District. Comics were always around for me too, Terrific Fantastic, Hotspur, Dandy, Beano etc, even Roy of the Rovers.

I also studied art and comics had a huge influence on me, then and now.