Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    If it helps, my friend really liked them. And they helped him get into the X-Men franchise.
    This helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This era has become one of my favorites. It’s fun, fascinating, engaging, and, ultimately, deeply moving. Does anybody else enjoy this period?

The reading list: https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/grou...pe=2&limit=100
    Potential-less wastes of time, which ended exactly how I expected it too; going back in time and functionally ceasing to exist, while giving the modern versions their memories so they can pretend they weren't pointless.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

God, I love every bit of this:

Stuart Immonen’s art wasted on Bendis’s trash writing sums up my thoughts on the first 2-3 years of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Stuart Immonen’s art wasted on Bendis’s trash writing sums up my thoughts on the first 2-3 years of this.
    It’s certainly better than the bits of the steaming pile of shit from 2004-2012 that I’ve read. ::shudder::

This era is extremely underrated.

The art was top notch and it gave me the Cyclops mini.

There I said something nice.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

It’s certainly better than the bits of the steaming pile of shit from 2004-2012 that I’ve read. ::shudder::

This era is extremely underrated.

No it isn't lol. If your sole reason for enjoying a comic is "Jean doing feats" then, sure.

I did not care fot the O5 staying in the present for sooo long. But All new X-men vol. 1 had good stories and excelent art. X-men Blue was a lot of fun to read also. Bunn is a good writer and he made the stories flow, in spite of the O5 themselves.

Extermination was great! A lot of good action and Pepe's art was glorious. Felt like a good action 90's event.

Because of your son, lol! Though had Scott kept his memories, instead of just having them unlocked when his younger self went back, then he'd have effectively been a precog for the All-New X-Men and would've known about the new Champions before Kamala and the others even joined the Avengers, let alone split off on their own. Ironically, that means he would've been able to prevent Civil War II, an event that involved a precog (the Inhuman named Ulysses).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Potential-less wastes of time, which ended exactly how I expected it too; going back in time and functionally ceasing to exist, while giving the modern versions their memories so they can pretend they weren't pointless.
    Apart from a couple of Champions appearances from adult Scott, has this had any effect at all?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Beyond Bobby coming out, no. We haven't seen Beast use magic or anything to call back to this "era," thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Beyond Bobby coming out, no. We haven't seen Beast use magic or anything to call back to this "era," thankfully.
    Honestly main reason why I think Bendis included it. He realized his 05 story did not have any lasting consequence and was like lemme out Bobby at the last minute. Always felt weird to me that it was such a last minute edition, when we had met an older "Ice Wizard" Bobby earlier in the run who could have easily hinted at the reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly main reason why I think Bendis included it. He realized his 05 story did not have any lasting consequence and was like lemme out Bobby at the last minute. Always felt weird to me that it was such a last minute edition, when we had met an older "Ice Wizard" Bobby earlier in the run who could have easily hinted at the reveal.
    Editorial had been wanting to reveal that Bobby is gay since the 1980s/1990s.

1995: