Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Ultimately, I just don’t like what she represents.
    That's all you had to say.

And Storm would not work. She would not put up with knowing she's been a puppet to them, and their plans are always shady.

And she hasn't been held accountable for her actions? Oh you mean cause she slept with Scott? When are we finally gonna get over that in a book where even the Heros kill constantly?

Apocalypse, Selene, and every major villain was instantly forgiven in this era. Why focus on Emma?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The point is that Bobby has enough history with Mystique that he would be willing to listen to her concerns.
    Bobby has a history with almost everyone in the X-team. He was a closet gay and had no love with Mystique at all.

Bobby would also be willing to listen to both Xavier and Kitty about their concerns too as an original X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

And she hasn't been held accountable for her actions? Oh you mean cause she slept with Scott? When are we finally gonna get over that in a book where even the Heros kill constantly?
    And that is all you had to say to let me know you didn’t read my post. In my opinion, Scott takes most of the blame for that affair. Besides, I don’t even list that in the top 5-10 worst and reprehensible things Emma has done. Try again.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Apocalypse, Selene, and every major villain was instantly forgiven in this era. Why focus on Emma?
    She was given a pass long before this era. However, while I don’t buy into her being this great stalwart, my only objection this era is to having her shoved down our throats at every turn.

However, I’ve loved Hickman’s era overall, and that’s considering that, up until 3-6 months ago, my favorite character hasn’t been central and, in some cases, has been severely undermined during this era.

I know how to identify, check, and hold my biases.
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-27-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Bobby has a history with almost everyone in the X-team. He was a closet gay and had no love with Mystique at all.

Bobby would also be willing to listen to both Xavier and Kitty about their concerns too as an original X-Man.
    But Xavier and Magneto have no reason to take that risk when they have Colossus, who has no established relationship with Mystique. For Xavier and Magneto's purposes, Colossus is the best choice. That said, I don't particularly enjoy the character, and hope that he is no longer on the Council post-Inferno.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Kudos to the poster who got probably 90% right. Are you Destiny? lol

This issue has a slower pace, which worries me a bit about how fast the pacing is with the issues remaining. But in Hickman I trust.

baumblume

Moria is a bitch

baumblume

I need to know what was in that box because Emma you let Mystique manipulate you

baumblume

that make me laugh
    sticking with the theory that Moira has definitely switched sides she is the bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I need to know what was in that box because Emma you let Mystique manipulate you
    Don't expect it to ever be mentioned again.

Just your typical low level macguffin. Honestly insulting to think that she'd be so easily manipulated and by Mystique of all people. Someone she knows is an avid manipulator.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    But Xavier and Magneto have no reason to take that risk when they have Colossus, who has no established relationship with Mystique. For Xavier and Magneto's purposes, Colossus is the best choice. That said, I don't particularly enjoy the character, and hope that he is no longer on the Council post-Inferno.

As a Yes-man, that would be true but the other council members will normally not vote Peter in because he's not an Omega mutant like most of the other council members and Iceman.

Peter also lacks any extraordinary capability to be in the council like Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Just your typical low level macguffin. Honestly insulting to think that she'd be so easily manipulated and by Mystique of all people. Someone she knows is an avid manipulator.
    Could it be a backup of someone…?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

As for why Emma and not Storm or any of the more trustworthy characters? I don't want to insult her fans too harshly here, but she's been the pet character for many of the writers of this relaunch. Its kept the real important characters for Hickman's work as the telepaths and the wealthy white people, and I hate it. Is it too much to ask for a single legit hero and good person to be involved in these matters?
    "You are a good man. It is hard for a good man to be King." I think that's the quote from Black Panther. Morally ambiguous people run countries, not upstanding citizens. Emma being the one they turned to is not at all unrealistic considering the dealings she already has with them in keeping the country's economy going re: the Hellfire Trading Company, and the things she's willing to do to get the job done. Don't forget Hickman implied during HoX she telepathically manipulated the UN security counsel into accepting Krakoan sovereignty. It's not something a character like Jean or Storm would've been willing to do, or abide, but it's still something that had to happen which is how you can sum up Erik/Charles/Moira's decision making up until now.

At this point, Emma is one of the core X-Men whether you like it or not. She's not a "pet character" being inserted into stories where she doesn't belong.
    Last edited by davetvs; 10-27-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post

that make me laugh
    sticking with the theory that Moira has definitely switched sides she is the bad guy
    It would have been fun if the art here had mimicked the bit from HoXPoX where they tell Emma they had to bring Shaw back.

Wasn't this the thing she was trying to acquire back during the Hellfire Gala. It seems like it will come up again to me.

baumblume

Mystique kinda played Emma.
    It seems Emma understood why Destiny shouldn’t have been resurrected and it seemed she agreed with the reason but Mystique outwitted Charles and Emma to bring Destiny back.

baumblume

Wonder what she’s going to do. She has the same goal as Xavier -> Krakoa and mutants have to survive.
    But if others find out that Emma knew, they may stop trusting her just as she has stopped trusting Xavier.