Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Oh also I'd have paid good money to see Shaw's face when Emma voted yes.He's the fourth person here who can't stop taking L's(aside from X/Mags/Moira)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This might be my least favorite issue of Hickman's entire run. The problem is that the pieces are clearly moving exclusively because Hickman wants them to go there, rather because it makes any sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Out of all the QC members to turn to (Storm/Kurt even Exodus), Xavier and Magneto turned to Emma for support because they believe they can trust her, really! And Emma getting all up in her feelings because they didn't tell her anything, like she had any right to know. Man I wish Apocalypse was still on the council, he would be a much better ally for Xavier, Magneto and Moira. And he probably wouldn't hesitate to put down both Mystique and Destiny. Also what could anyone on the QC possibly have against Colossus that they wouldn't vote for him to be on the council, considering that they themselves were appointed by Xavier and Magneto. Smacks of hubris, arrogance and elitism, like they think he's not good enough.
    Bingo. I agree with everything you’ve written. I think you know who my choice would’ve been and is to take over Krakoa…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Out of all the QC members to turn to (Storm/Kurt even Exodus), Xavier and Magneto turned to Emma for support because they believe they can trust her, really! And Emma getting all up in her feelings because they didn't tell her anything, like she had any right to know. Man I wish Apocalypse was still on the council, he would be a much better ally for Xavier, Magneto and Moira. And he probably wouldn't hesitate to put down both Mystique and Destiny. Also what could anyone on the QC possibly have against Colossus that they wouldn't vote for him to be on the council, considering that they themselves were appointed by Xavier and Magneto. Smacks of hubris, arrogance and elitism, like they think he's not good enough.
    Apoc would off them both w/out any hesitation and look the council in the face after.What are they gonna do to him, pretty sure Krakoa wouldn't even open the hole for him to be thrown.

And Emma finding out would be something that made sense, or that she was brought in for connections/or a problem she could handle(Emma>>>Shaw in trust) but this was weird

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Ha, Colossus, the guy who betrayed Xavier and Magneto in the span of a single week during "Fatal Attractions."

I should've enjoyed this issue, but the fact that Xavier, Magneto and Moira are so dumb is just too much suspension of disbelief to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    The ending with Colossus made me sad I dropped X-Force. Has he been compromised in that story with Mikhail?
    Friend please don’t be sad. It was a last minute reveal with some hints in the first couple issues that you probably read.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Like why Colossus?
    I think the idea is since Colossus is traditionally an X-man, he's being placed there to tip the power balance in Charles and Erik's favor.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I honestly loved this issue. It was really cool seeing Mystique manipulate her way into bringing Destiny back. Seeing them reunited was so great. I love how Hickman writes them and the other villains like Sinister and Exodus.

I still hate Xavier/Magneto/Moira but can't wait to see what Emma does now that she has the knowledge of what is really going on.

I felt pretty meh about the Colossus reveal. Idk, I guess I just don't really care about the character that much.
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Ha, Colossus, the guy who betrayed Xavier and Magneto in the span of a single week during "Fatal Attractions."
    Yeah, I'm thinking Beast would have been the best choice.

Hank took Charles' spot on the illuminati during Hickman's run on New Avengers.

Mighty Member

Just read the issue , the story and art was fantastic!

But the ending was a bit disappointing, I think Iceman would have made a better candidate because he's an Omega level mutant and an original X-Man.

He would be a trusted friend to Xavier and Magneto.

Emma can now work independently. Will this be the bargaining to bring Maddie?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Colossus makes sense for Xavier and Magneto, he is the perfect combination of loyal and easily manipulated, which is what they are looking for. He is friendly with enough of the former X-Men members of the Council that he would most likely get approved for the seat (although, as I said, I doubt Emma or Kate would have been as solid a "yes" vote as they were), and he has no real connection to Mystique or Destiny. I don't know that there is another character who fits the bill as well as he does. I just personally find Piotr to be a wet sock of a character.

Idiot Plot. I keep saying it with the Mystique issues of X-men and its readily apparent in Inferno. Basically the entire plot relies on every person making the worst decisions every time, making the dumbest mistakes just to keep the story going.

Colossus has barely spoken at all since the start of HoXPoX, and he's compromised by his brother. There are dozens of better people, even if they're just looking for dumb yes-men to be pushed around by Xavier and Magneto.

As for why Emma and not Storm or any of the more trustworthy characters? I don't want to insult her fans too harshly here, but she's been the pet character for many of the writers of this relaunch. Its kept the real important characters for Hickman's work as the telepaths and the wealthy white people, and I hate it. Is it too much to ask for a single legit hero and good person to be involved in these matters?

meh

10 char