Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Okay I have one question, it's probably pretty dumb but bear with me.
    How can you kill someone who sees future?
    How Destiny's powers work exactly? Because she said to Moira previously "I am going to see it coming". Does she just SEE some stuff (but not everything)?
    I guess if the precog sees a future where death is unavoidable, they basically just give up? Blindfold straight up committed suicide when she saw there was no future for her.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agrred. The first time Destiny died she didīt try to stop it either, because she knew there was no changing it and given she died on Muir Island is possible we will see some flashbacks from it. The fact she can see the future doensīt make her invulnerable.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree, this looks like the story was definitely changed to fit with the next phase but the problem is that now itīs too short and there are plot holes around that probably will not be addressed on the last two issues left, not sure if they will be addressed elsewhere while I hope Hickman can end his time on the X-men on a high note, I would have liked to see a series with him, silimar to the one Whedon had.
    My hope is unless the Shiar Golem tease was just that with no payoff planned, that the real Moira still hides from Destiny either through time travel or some other way.So that this story or at least inferno ends with the Golem dying and we have a shocked Xavier,Magneto and Emma not knowing what to make of reality not re-setting.Then the mystery will be where is the real Moira and what is she up to? That way Hickman can come a few years down the road and wrap up the arc with the Homo Novissima, Phalanx and just end on a cosmic scale allowing for life 11 to be the new sandbox.I think that for me would be a smart play.Not just rushing the story to some contrived conclusion.Anyway let's hope they manage to leave an opening for Inferno to raise the stakes because for me if all loose ends are tied now it will be anti-climactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I guess if the precog sees a future where death is unavoidable, they basically just give up? Blindfold straight up committed suicide when she saw there was no future for her.
    I think same way, probably work much like for time travelers(in most fiction). If you see you own death it become a fixed point in your timeline, unavoidable. If you know about it about third parties could be worked, but usually either cause one hell of butterfly effect or simply the death is just delayed by short time.

BANNED

Yes to all of this!!! I would love to see their mother daughter relationship explored more!

I'm just afraid when all is said and done, Destiny will be dead and back in the ground for more Mystique angst. Come on writers, subvert my expectations for good just once!
    Of Destiny dies she gets resurrected. Xavier no longer controls the resurrections now that the 5 can do them unassisted.

Yeah, Blindfold saw that no matter what actions she took, she was going to die one way or another.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    My hope is unless the Shiar Golem tease was just that with no payoff planned, that the real Moira still hides from Destiny either through time travel or some other way.So that this story or at least inferno ends with the Golem dying and we have a shocked Xavier,Magneto and Emma not knowing what to make of reality not re-setting.Then the mystery will be where is the real Moira and what is she up to? That way Hickman can come a few years down the road and wrap up the arc with the Homo Novissima, Phalanx and just end on a cosmic scale allowing for life 11 to be the new sandbox.I think that for me would be a smart play.Not just rushing the story to some contrived conclusion.Anyway let's hope they manage to leave an opening for Inferno to raise the stakes because for me if all loose ends are tied now it will be anti-climactic.
    The Golem wasn't a tease, it was Hickman retconning Moira's death. As in she switched places with a Golem during the events of Dream's End and Mystique killed it and not her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm very interested to know what the specific visions are and to see whose vision is "left standing", after Inferno.

Moira has one...where-in no precogs are allowed for specific reasons (yet to be told...the "we always lose" is a little too concise and fatalistic for me, as far as explanations go)
    Destiny has another...where regardless of what Moira believes, mutants must thrive.

What's frustrating with how Charles and Erik and Moira have handled the situation is that it could all have possibly been avoided if they had at least tried to explain to Raven why Destiny and other precogs shouldn't be resurrected.

Emma knows...now, but will she tell Mystique and Raven, now that she's no longer loyal to the Three.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm very interested to know what the specific visions are and to see whose vision is "left standing", after Inferno.

Moira has one...where-in no precogs are allowed for specific reasons (yet to be told...the "we always lose" is a little too concise and fatalistic for me, as far as explanations go)
    Destiny has another...where regardless of what Moira believes, mutants must thrive.

What's frustrating with how Charles and Erik and Moira have handled the situation is that it could all have possibly been avoided if they had at least tried to explain to Raven why Destiny and other precogs shouldn't be resurrected.

Emma knows...now, but will she tell Mystique and Raven, now that she's no longer loyal to the Three.
    what would they say? Moira is still alive and she forbid us from bringing Destiny back? I dont think that would have changed anything with Mystique bc she would then want to dig into what the connection between Moira and Destiny is

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Okay I have one question, it's probably pretty dumb but bear with me.
    How can you kill someone who sees future?
    How Destiny's powers work exactly? Because she said to Moira previously "I am going to see it coming". Does she just SEE some stuff (but not everything)?
    Unless they are immortal, death is inevitable for everyone. A precog often gets flashes of the future with little or no context and interpreting those are where the challenge is. Destiny herself didnt understand everything she saw which resulted in her making complex and incoherent diaries

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Of Destiny dies she gets resurrected. Xavier no longer controls the resurrections now that the 5 can do them unassisted.
    He still controls the resurrections. The Five resurrected Destiny bc they thought they were acting on Xavier's orders
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-01-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Incredible Member

This is the first issue of Hickman's X-men that I have not enjoyed.
    Hickman usually does exposition in a measured way, but in this issue it seems like it was just rushing through exposition dumps to move the story along.

The other nagging problem I have is how OP Mystique is for the purposes of this story being told. Sinister is able to tell the difference, but everyone else can't tell or don't have any security against it. You would guess that Orchis, or Sage would have simple enough security to detect shape-shifters (the classic plot device in X-books is that all the bad guys have telepathic protection). You have enough telepaths walking around the island to detect that someone is not who they are presenting as.

Of course, it is still totally consistent with how Xavier/Magneto have welcomed villains in with open arms without much in the way of safeguards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what would they say? Moira is still alive and she forbid us from bringing Destiny back? I dont think that would have changed anything with Mystique bc she would then want to dig into what the connection between Moira and Destiny is

Unless they are immortal, death is inevitable for everyone. A precog often gets flashes of the future with little or no context and interpreting those are where the challenge is. Destiny herself didnt understand everything she saw which resulted in her making complex and incoherent diaries

He still controls the resurrections. The Five resurrected Destiny bc they thought they were acting on Xavier's orders
    Hope seemingly resurrected the Scarlet Witch against Xavier’s wishes and the 5 did not get even ask Xavier to resurrect Gabby.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    This is the first issue of Hickman's X-men that I have not enjoyed.
    Hickman usually does exposition in a measured way, but in this issue it seems like it was just rushing through exposition dumps to move the story along.

The other nagging problem I have is how OP Mystique is for the purposes of this story being told. Sinister is able to tell the difference, but everyone else can't tell or don't have any security against it. You would guess that Orchis, or Sage would have simple enough security to detect shape-shifters (the classic plot device in X-books is that all the bad guys have telepathic protection). You have enough telepaths walking around the island to detect that someone is not who they are presenting as.

Of course, it is still totally consistent with how Xavier/Magneto have welcomed villains in with open arms without much in the way of safeguards.
    Mystique is extra good in what she does, including impersonations.

Of course most mutants don’t have motive to do this. Mystique knows she got played. She simply filled the switch.

BANNED

Obviously, everyone is going to find out and people’s faith in Xavier and Magneto will be shattered.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed this sadly seems to be the main conclusion sigh, I guess I would not feel dissapointed if they were written more like themselves but this whole story has just show them doing dumb mistakes they would usually not do,like inviting Raven in the first place promising something they were not going to do ever, but well, I am ready to see then next phase of the story. At least they are now putting some limits to what Moira asks of them.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-01-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Amazing Member

Screenshot_20211102-153731_Discord.jpg

Im sure glad JDW promised the last two issues will have some more of the same thrilling mysteries that have kept fans reading so far.