Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

This was such an amazing issue. Between Mystique getting the love of her life back and Emma Frost learning the truth, a lot of heavy moments unfolded here. Now, a precog is on the loose, just what Moira didn't want. And now, Emma knows the same truth that Xavier learned in House of X/Powers of X. This is going to change things. And I'm starting to wonder if, when all is said and done, there will even be a Quiet Council.

I'm also starting to think that Xavier and Magneto may lose much of their influence. And someone like Emma will be there to fill the power vacuum. There's just so much possibility. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

This was quite boring. Like the rest of Hickman run this isnt so much telling a story as setting up plots for other books and writers. What a sad conclusion to a run that started so well.

Caselli ate that **** up otoh. Surprising twist that his art was the highlight.

This is spposed to be Hickman's swan song? The story is too small and not giving me what I need

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    In Emma's case, she bribed her with something in a box, though we don't see what it is.
    Whatever's inside, it's definitely the box from X-Men #21.

Spectacular Member

I imagine we may end up with three factions warring on the quiet council:

Xavier, Magneto, Colossus, Storm
    Emma, Kate
    Mystique, Destiny, Shaw (He won't be siding with Emma)

With Exodus, Nightcrawler, and Sinister floating between the three voting as they see fit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is spposed to be Hickman's swan song? The story is too small and not giving me what I need
    Sadly, knowing Marvel, the alternative would've been 20 crossover issues filled with huge big filler fights, lol. 10 issues would be (will the avengers and x-men fight? yes but don't worry they'll make up) and 5 issues will be of them teaming up to take down an unstoppable new bad guy who will never be mentioned again.

I do wish it was longer too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yeah, the Emma thing fell flat. Her being upset and not trusting Charles and Magneto rang hollow. Emma has constantly lied and manipulated people up till present time. It was ridiculous the story is trying to frame it as something we should sympathize or understand her anger given her character and usual M.O. She wasn't the right point of view character in that instance and it would have worked better if they chose someone else. Charles and Magneto just look dumb trying to bring her in vs practically anyone else.
    Word, Emma's words are wind.Though honestly Xavier is just being shown as a class A fool ,to pick Emma out of all the council members to share this with.Exodus would be my choice, it's Krakoa or nothing for him. Kind of strange that Exodus was ready to believe Mystique without reading her mind.Though I am happy that Exodus seems to hold to the whole one's word is one's honour belief not mucking around in people's heads. At least if Mystique or anyone else tries to play games they will have someone to remind them to pay their 'debts'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    ^ They'd also need someone with a colder personality which would've taken out Storm and Exodus.
    Oh Exodus would take out anyone if Krakoa is at stake, best believe.They probably feared his ire, he would have done more than throwing tantrums at them for keeping this a secret for all this time.

The Colossus reveal wasnt much of a shocker. I thought the twist would be that Moira would be elected to the council. Now that would ave been a good one

So is Hope officially a telepath now? How was she fooled by Mystique. You would think with her powers, she wouldnt be fooled by Mystique

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Sadly, knowing Marvel, the alternative would've been 20 crossover issues filled with huge big filler fights, lol. 10 issues would be (will the avengers and x-men fight? yes but don't worry they'll make up) and 5 issues will be of them teaming up to take down an unstoppable new bad guy who will never be mentioned again.

I do wish it was longer too.
    Id rather it go out wit a bang than a wimper. With just two issues left, the timing doesnt really leave it to reach great heights and conclude. Its either gonna keep the same low scale slow pace or be rushed. This mini at the end of the day will likely be a disappointment for me
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-27-2021 at 10:51 AM.

I don't see Emma as being manipulated. Had she known why Erik and Charles were against bringing Destiny back then maybe, but otherwise she received something she wanted in exchange for a "yes" vote for a mutant like any other, in her perspective.

Now that she knows everything though, it'll be interesting to see if she confronts Mystique.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I assume Omega Sentinel's secret is she's not actually our Karima but the Karima from life 9
    Very likely black hole transporting her to Dominions, and they spit her out in life 10.What if she is Moira of life 9, if she downloaded the mind from the crystal(not too different from the ruby crystal of Nimrod) into a techo-organic body that kept Moira in stasis in life 9 and once she was killed by Wolverine, the body re-activated with pure digital memories of Moira.It would be a hell of a twist, depending how they write it.Life 9 was so advanced it's very very possible Moira became machine even if her human consciousness died.Maybe Dominions even at that point got access to her memory logs. I wrote out a more harmonious scenario on another thread ,but yeah let's wait and see what Hickman has decided to do with this story.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This might be my least favorite issue of Hickman's entire run. The problem is that the pieces are clearly moving exclusively because Hickman wants them to go there, rather because it makes any sense whatsoever.
    This has been a symptom of Hickman's entire run, I enjoy his writing but so much of his X-men has felt like forcing characters into roles instead of telling stories which explained sudden shifts or narrative choices.

Which brings me to my next point...

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Idiot Plot. I keep saying it with the Mystique issues of X-men and its readily apparent in Inferno. Basically the entire plot relies on every person making the worst decisions every time, making the dumbest mistakes just to keep the story going.

Colossus has barely spoken at all since the start of HoXPoX, and he's compromised by his brother. There are dozens of better people, even if they're just looking for dumb yes-men to be pushed around by Xavier and Magneto.

As for why Emma and not Storm or any of the more trustworthy characters? I don't want to insult her fans too harshly here, but she's been the pet character for many of the writers of this relaunch. Its kept the real important characters for Hickman's work as the telepaths and the wealthy white people, and I hate it. Is it too much to ask for a single legit hero and good person to be involved in these matters?
    Unpopular opinion but Hickman's use of Emma since HOX/POX has felt forced to me. I know he loves Emma and I know he loves morally gray characters. But I have a hard time believing Charles or Erik would grovel at her feet for her support. Let alone entrust her with secrets in which affects the whole of Krakoa. It doesn't feel organic to me, and I guess it's a recurring issue for me.

I don't think Hickman's interested in telling stories that are X-men proper he's more interested in using morally gray characters of the X-men to tell stories about the X-men. None of the other high profile X-men are as involved, with the machinations of his long term story. Their present but none the wiser to the story occurring right under their noses. Which has felt off to me and does so especially now, that his run is mostly over.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id rather it go out wit a bang than a wimper. With just two issues left, the timing doesnt really leave it to reach great heights and conclude. Its either gonna keep the same low scale slow pace or be rushed. This mini at the end of the day will likely be a disappointment for me
    I agree...although I wasn't a big fan of some of the new items that came out of HOX and POX I was intrigued...the slow pace of X-Men and characters in other books just feeling "off" I slowly lost interest. I was hoping Inferno would cap off the potential from HOX and POX but it too just seems to be setting up things. It is frustrating personally because I love what Hickman did with the Avengers and had high hopes initially.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Whatever's inside, it's definitely the box from X-Men #21.
    Nope ,it's the pocket universe of Moira from Age of X

Amazing Member

Intrigued is the best word to describe my feelings over this issue.

Very interesting how X-Force is basically the only book which current events directly tie-in with this event. I guess Hickman and Percy were more in sync considering they had to set a lot of stuff up for XLoW/XDoW.

I agree that the only annoying part of this whole thing is mutants puny attempts to take down Orchis and Nimrod. All these X-Force **** when the threat is the biggest they have and they have one and half planet full of power people that could make it easier. If it has to remain a "secret operation" that only X-Force can take care of, then I need a better explanation than what they've given me so far. Because Erik trying twice to take it out with the help of other mutants, sure sounds like something beyond Krakoa's CIA.