Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    but even before then she was joining krakoa "for the children"

which is just a lie she tells herself, she wants nice things and wants to be in control. she sold out a seat for whatever mystique got her, either way it was for HER, her own personal gain. not putting the nation and all of your species ahead of your needs, regardless if xavier/magneto's lies were known yet or not
    It’s a silicone replica of Cyclops’ cyclops that Mystique gave her.

This issue just makes the xmen and council come off as pretty stupid and just exposes the evident problems of everyone agreeing to throw all these morally grey characters or villains to make decisions for everybody.

But they’re the characters Hickman likes to write so it’s ok! In universe sense and logic be damned right?
    Last edited by Tank; 10-27-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok Destiny fine as hell!! Raven I get it mama I do!
    Yes! I was so glad to see that she got an upgrade. I'm a bit tired of seeing mutants getting resurrected without taking advantage of all that the process offers, besides Quentin of course.

I do wish Colossus was wearing his gala look as his regular costume. It's a shame to not see some of those awesome designs again.

Amazing Member

The franchise has been feeding on itself since the end of HoXPoX. The big crossovers are not good, the ongoing plots rae not being done right and for the most part even the more self contained stuff (WaX and SWXRD) have stumbled before the finish line.

This issue shoved in 3 flashbacks what should have been the main ongoing plot of Adjectiveless for the past two years, Mystique's machinations. The casual anticlimactic reveal to Emma and her subsequent dismissiveness bring no reading satisfaction.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    So Egg-x and Magneto knew they could not trust Mystique but there were zero precautions against Mystique impersonating them and accessing Need-To-Know information. Also, is Hope's telepathy permanent now or does her copying range cover the entire island? She was copying telepathy and didn't seem to realize it's not from faux Egg-X and neither did she realize faux Egg-X had no telepathy.
    she was wearing cerebro, so the range is probably quite large at that point. i think she's just excited and never worn the helmet before, as well as concentrating on "finding" the file with destiny's memories, to even notice

Can Mystique trick Hope's powers? I mean... Where did the telepathic power come from?

If everything goes through diplomacy, Emma has an advantage... And in the end she will be worse than Charles and Magneto. (Not considering the manipulations and sales of previous votes)

Spectacular Member

everybody handwaving the box, i'm sure it will be revealed what was in the box. if anything we'll get a flash forward eventually since emma is seen rezzing charles/erik in issue #1

Fun fact: in HoX #5, Charles and Magneto previously met Emma at the Louvre. She also pulled a mind trick to make people leave, and she also justified things "for the children."
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

baumblume

That’s gonna come back to bite them in the ass in a BIG way, and I can’t wait to see it.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by placeholder View Post
    The franchise has been feeding on itself since the end of HoXPoX. The big crossovers are not good, the ongoing plots rae not being done right and for the most part even the more self contained stuff (WaX and SWXRD) have stumbled before the finish line.

This issue shoved in 3 flashbacks what should have been the main ongoing plot of Adjectiveless for the past two years, Mystique's machinations. The casual anticlimactic reveal to Emma and her subsequent dismissiveness bring no reading satisfaction.
    Yeah, these plot beats are big, huge, they should have been the focus of the main book all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    So happy that Destiny is back for real! What a great character and I love that we get to keep seeing her romance with Raven flourish. She better stick around after this so we can get a reunion with her and Rogue (As I like to think Irene was Rogue’s favorite mother over Raven.)

And Besides Charles and Erik for obvious reasons, why was Kate and Ororo so adamantly against Destiny joining the council? Was it because of her affiliation and lack of trust with Raven? Regardless of the situation and background, having a future teller on the council is extremely convenient.
    Yeah I wasn’t sure why Storm and Kate were so against Destiny being on the council, it’s not like it’s unusual to be working beside old enemies.

Spectacular Member

Oh man, brilliant issue, I love how Mystique manipulated everyone and brought Destiny back. For those complaining on why they chose Emma to tell, it's probably because she's a telepath herself and can read Moira's mind without Xavier having to forcefeed the information, that and her ends-justify-the-means approach, but that backfired hilariously, and now Mikhail knows everything the Council knows. I can't wait to see how the story goes from here.

I enjoyed the issue but there are flaws.

1) Hope suddenly has telepathy?

2) What happened if Emma voted before Shaw?

3) Magneto has been missing his Cerebra this whole time and Hope never used it again? (Though I liked the theory supporting this is how Hope brought Wanda back).

4) Colossus doesn't have much of a POV to be on the council if you ask me; but he is replacing Jean.

POSITIVES:

1) Improved Art.

2) Great dialogue.

3) Fun showcase for Mystique.

4) Fun possibilities for Exodus as a follower of Destiny.

5) I love Destiny sitting on Autumn and constantly bothering Charles.

6) Emma rises.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

One thing that bugged me is why couldnt Emma get the box herself or have someone get it for her, like im pretty sure she could’ve gotten it as easy as Mystique got it…like that made no sense at all
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Makes sense to me.

She wasn't mad that they were doing something sneaky. She was mad she was left out of it! Very different.

That's also the reason they went with her over Storm and Kurt. Storm and Kurt don't do sneaky things like Xavier/Magneto/Emma/Moira do.

What I don't get is the Colossus reveal? I hope it amounts to something thought so I'm open to it.

I did think it was actually Apocalypse at first (the first glance we get seemed like a bald head)! And him being back did hype me up (and would've been full circle) but then it was Colossus...
    It's Colossus because..and only because..of what's going on in X-force where he's unknowingly betraying them...there's no logic or in universe reasons that they would choose him for the council..it makes no sense whatsoever..it's just straight up so they can have someone on the council that the audience knows is being controlled..this is just contrived, lazy writing..plain and simple

Colossus' "biggest story ever"

Betraying and murdering people because he's being controlled by his brother all the while looking completely ridiculous in an outdated, dumb looking costume..cool man -_-
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 10-27-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And we still don't have an idea as to the real reason (besides petty vindictiveness...which is good enough reasoning, imo) why Destiny wasn't allowed back...and thus why Emma also agreed to side with Erik and Charles. It can't just be..."We always fail/lose."

This can go in so many catastrophic directions...all at once. And I'm living! for it.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-27-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!