Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    well with two issues left see this is either going land flat or rushed. neither will be satisfactory. but all things considered these past two years it doesnt surprise me.
    EXACTLY! There is too much to unpack in just 2 issues. So far, Inferno has felt like a prologue to a story

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I know the story has to keep happening. But at this point it seems like rather than trying to bring in Emma. Charles/Magneto/Moira should have just talked to Mystique and Destiny. Just because Destiny sees the future doesn't mean she is compelled to blurt it out to everyone she meets. I think explaining to her how all these lives work and what's at stake they'd all work together to find a way to deal with the Nimrod/Machine Supremacy problem.
    They dont Xavier/Magneto especially since both lied to Mystique and purposely kept Destiny dead, while using and manipulating Mystique to do their bidding. I think they know they have no grounds to trust them with any knowledge especially since mystique went behind their backs to bring Destiny back. They know she's desperate.
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-27-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Chiiile, I would die. But I’m 99% sure it won’t happen.

Honestly, as much as I’m enjoying this event, it feels a lot smaller than I assumed it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    EXACTLY! There is too much to unpack in just 2 issues. So far, Inferno has felt like a prologue to a story

They dont Xavier/Magneto especially since both lied to Mystique and purposely kept Destiny dead, while using and manipulating Mystique to do their bidding. I think they know they have no grounds to trust them with any knowledge especially since mystique went behind their backs to bring Destiny back. They know she's desperate.
    Is it only 4 issues?Damn they really gave Hickman four issues and then we get months of Wolvie by Percy BRUH

Mystique has made her whole career out of lying to people. She should be the first person to understand why they are doing what they are doing if they showed them both the end result for mutantkind over Moira's 4 - 9th lives. Especially since this whole Krakoa experiment is the result of Life 3's Mystiique and Destiny telling Moira "Do better for mutants".

The only reason that conversation should not be on the table is because Moira has been lying and is actually working against mutants. But if she's working with them still Mystique and Destiny should be 100% on board.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Mystique has made her whole career out of lying to people. She should be the first person to understand why they are doing what they are doing if they showed them both the end result for mutantkind over Moira's 4 - 9th lives. Especially since this whole Krakoa experiment is the result of Life 3's Mystiique and Destiny telling Moira "Do better for mutants".

The only reason that conversation should not be on the table is because Moira has been lying and is actually working against mutants. But if she's working with them still Mystique and Destiny should be 100% on board.
    Yes which is why she considered to play nice with them to begin with. They played her. If Moira is on the up and up, then why is she so adamant that Destiny not be resurrected? There's something she doesnt want Destiny to expose and Mystique is smart enough to realize that and trust them even less

It hasnt been a while. Telepathy is a very recent development for her. She's previously had to synch with someone that has TP in order to use it
    Not in the grand scheme of things. But an IRL year's worth of time, displays of telepathy, and her having similar psychic abilities in the past should be more than enough to establish that she's a telepath. My point being that there's precedence before this that shows she's a telepath.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I'm wondering if after what happened to Peter in X-Force that Xavier didn't mentally "fix" him, guaranteeing his loyalty.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I'm wondering if after what happened to Peter in X-Force that Xavier didn't mentally "fix" him, guaranteeing his loyalty.
    It seems less like mind control and more like low key reality warping. He can control a persons' actions by writing them down, and things that are too wildly out of character don't work. For example, he tried to write Colossus beating Beast to death into reality as revenge, and it didn't work. Hence why it was crossed out in that text page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Not in the grand scheme of things. But an IRL year's worth of time, displays of telepathy, and her having similar psychic abilities in the past should be more than enough to establish that she's a telepath. My point being that there's precedence before this that shows she's a telepath.
    Im not sure IA. In the past, they've almost always made a point to mention or show her mimicking another TP when she's used that power

Not that long ago she had to in SWORD as well

As Jonathan Hickman’s X-Men story comes to a close it looks like each of his three tentpole events asks us to consider that the worst person we know has made a great point – first with Magneto realizing his dream of a united and superior mutant nation, second with Apocalypse’s survivalist ethos proven to be justified, and now with Mystique and Destiny securing the future by any means necessary just as they were trying to do in their first major storyline Days of Future Past.
    I really like going to this blog for reviews and I thought they made a really interesting point about how Hickman’s run has reframed some X-villains. https://www.houseofx.org/blog/solve-...22f532e4fb1f5=

Im not sure IA. In the past, they've almost always made a point to mention or show her mimicking another TP when she's used that power
    Okay, now it's actually weird then. As I said, it makes sense for her to have some form of telepathy given what we've seen, but these pages seem sus
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Colossus? Why? Where is this coming from? lol not from anything written in the last 30 years. It is only a plot devise for me without any intra-universe logic to back it up...

...at least he looks damn fine.
    The issue makes it pretty clear they chose him believing he would be easy to manipulate. But they don't know he's beind mind controlled by his brother so it will backfire on them.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Emma's hilarious tantrum and awkward X-Force product placement aside, this was surprisingly uneventful/boring. No wonder we never got a Council book. Yikes.

I get it, Hickman's arbitrarily moving the pieces across the chessboard because he's running out of pages/time, but there's no way in hell Hope wouldn't have brought up Destiny's resurrection and asked for another go. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    So Magneto didn't miss his Cerebro for 4 weeks?

and the Five wouldn't have mentioned the Destiny ressurection with anyone?

lol
    I can understand the Five not mentioning Destiny. At this point they must be resurrecting an ungodly amount of people per day. There isn't a reason she would necessarily stick out as relevant among the other masses of resurrections they are doing. What was bad was just the poor security of the Cerebro units and how easily Mystique impersonated the two to get it done. Mags and X are just looking so damn stupid in this event.

The Quiet Council scenes continue to be a highlight of the era but they are a tease. The way people vote is so haphazard, inconsistent and nonsensical that they beg for more panel time and introspection, but you never get it. I guess it just highlights why the system and working with enemies was never gonna work out long term.

Storm was working with Mystique in Cota, but here seems to have a problem with Destiny for some reason. Kurt just votes to please his mom, Kitty is against Destiny for some reason too but we just don't know why. All of this is begging for clarification that we are never gonna get. I know some think Colossus being wanted on the Council by other members is odd, but hell he can't be worse than what the Council is currently. It always has and continues to be a complete s***show. I can honestly say I have never been bored or not intrigued by a meeting though.

Does Krakoa not have like, 10,000 telepaths, or have I been reading the wrong stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Does Krakoa not have like, 10,000 telepaths, or have I been reading the wrong stuff?
    where'd you get such a specific number or is this an intentional exageration?