Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote of the year goes to Destiny.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's where I'm at and I'm loving not having any idea how things will unfold. There's certainly more to Moira to be revealed and I think the QC will change again before we're done, if not completely fall apart.

I need to re-read the issue but the only part I didn't quite grasp was when Destiny said there's a hole in her vision of the future. I wonder if she's being blocked somehow.
    Yes, that was another perplexing and Interesting question for the pile...blocked by whom, I wonder?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    where'd you get such a specific number or is this an intentional exageration?
    I know sarcasm doesn’t translate well over forums such as these, but I thought we knew each other better.

Doesn’t negate my point though.

I think I see wehre the dropped storyline for Rogue was supposed to be at. In Hickman's original story I bet she was supposed to be the new trust-worthy Council member. Since she and Kurt are their kids you have kurt who is trying to be sympathetic and he would have had rogue be antagonistic to them and side with magneto/xavier.

That sound a whole lot more interesting than Colossus. but since Hickman is leaving he likely gave that storybit up in order to plug in Colossus since his stuff with his brother will be ongoing. Which is very gracious of Hickman in how he puts the longivity of the brand ahead of his story but boy I do not care about Colossus being on the Council.

Mighty Member

Just read it. Hickman is such a good writer. The problem is that there is no writers in this era, from the other titles, who are at his level (even if Zeb Wells and Ewing are quite good)
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I think this issue was good for mystique and destiny and that part of the story was good but it made no sense. Storm voting no made absolutely no sense and she pretty much had no reason to deny mystique her wife. We know Colossus is being controlled by Mikhal over in x-force and just murdered another mutant but the tag line is "in him we can trust." to which Destiny thank goodness she has some common sense and i feel unless a shift occurs we are no doubt suppose to believe her perspective and feel that she was done wrong. It's a good thing Destiny voted no and it flat out answered the question that posited on the destruction of Krakoa could be prevented by a telepath. Colossus now sits on the council with gives him more power and more ability and the people that voted against destiny actually are the same ones that voted for Colossus. Soley on feelings, do any of them even check in on him on the farm.

Is anyone wondering how Colossus who was doing everything possible to avoid mainline krakoa and living a simple life of atonement was convinced to just accept a role on the council. I mean really. I mean there is just so much here that makes no sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think this issue was good for mystique and destiny and that part of the story was good but it made no sense. Storm voting no made absolutely no sense and she pretty much had no reason to deny mystique her wife. We know Colossus is being controlled by Mikhal over in x-force and just murdered another mutant but the tag line is "in him we can trust." to which Destiny thank goodness she has some common sense and i feel unless a shift occurs we are no doubt suppose to believe her perspective and feel that she was done wrong. It's a good thing Destiny voted no and it flat out answered the question that posited on the destruction of Krakoa could be prevented by a telepath. Colossus now sits on the council with gives him more power and more ability and the people that voted against destiny actually are the same ones that voted for Colossus. Soley on feelings, do any of them even check in on him on the farm.

Is anyone wondering how Colossus who was doing everything possible to avoid mainline krakoa and living a simple life of atonement was convinced to just accept a role on the council. I mean really. I mean there is just so much here that makes no sense.
    Storm didnt deny Mystique her wife. Destiny was already back. Storm said no to this power move which would have made Mystique more powerful

Fantastic Member

How does Hope's power work? She's a power mimic, right? So, whose telepathy was she mimicking when she restored Destiny's consciousness to her body? I ask because there were no other telepaths present as the time. What is Hope's range? Is her power so vast that she could mimic the powers of any mutant on Krakoa? But, if not, how is it she was able to use Cerebro?
    Last edited by Marvelman; 10-27-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I think I see wehre the dropped storyline for Rogue was supposed to be at. In Hickman's original story I bet she was supposed to be the new trust-worthy Council member. Since she and Kurt are their kids you have kurt who is trying to be sympathetic and he would have had rogue be antagonistic to them and side with magneto/xavier.

That sound a whole lot more interesting than Colossus. but since Hickman is leaving he likely gave that storybit up in order to plug in Colossus since his stuff with his brother will be ongoing. Which is very gracious of Hickman in how he puts the longivity of the brand ahead of his story but boy I do not care about Colossus being on the Council.
    Oh wow. Imagine that ending. Charles and Erik using Rogue as a trump card, as she’s the only person who Destiny and Mystique care about as much as they care about each other. This is why speculation is dangerous cause now I want a Inferno: Rogue Cut.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's been established in X-Force that Colossus is being mind-controlled and manipulated. Mikhail, via the Chronologer, now has direct access to the QC and Krakoa.

Clearly Xavier and Erik approached him not knowing his mental state and he (rather Mikhail) said yes.

While it came entirely out of left field...it adds another tear in the HiX-Man's fabric. Colossus in his right mind would actually be a good QC member but Puppet-Pete is there to "fan the flames" as it were.
    (and underscores that Charles and Erik have been making very poor decisions from day one).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-27-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    It's strange that Xavier would trust Emma before Kurt, Storm, Jean, Scott or Logan. They are the ones that deserve to know the truth.

It was cute that Exodus voted "yes" for Colossus. I guess it's a throwback to his Acolyte period.
    What about Kate?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    As a Yes-man, that would be true but the other council members will normally not vote Peter in because he's not an Omega mutant like most of the other council members and Iceman.

Peter also lacks any extraordinary capability to be in the council like Kitty.
    Kitty ran the Jean Grey School. She is also plays a vital role in the Hellfire Trading Company. So, she has some leadership and organizational skills.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 10-27-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm didnt deny Mystique her wife. Destiny was already back. Storm said no to this power move which would have made Mystique more powerful
    Your right she didn't deny her her wife i was thinking two thoughts at once so that's on me. I was thinking she's still trusting the dudes without a second thought that just kept these wives apart. I mean sure she doesn't have much information but i have to believe a lot of the people in this issue are very naive to knot have picked up on a lot of the things that happened.

I mean mystique alone was in the room with hope, who was confirmed again a telepath and then they had her put the memories of mystique back but at no point did hope sense that it was Mystique? Even beyond that how did Hope go from such a fangirl of Xavier in this issue and feeling he was aww shucks amazing to being written completely differently in her actions to resurrections, though i guess the implication is now that she knows she can do it on her own maybe that changed her view so quickly.

Mystique knowing the exact process for retrieval threw me out the story for a sec too.

Then Emma is all "OMG, you've LOST my trust.. Never again. But i understand the gravity of your...." WRONG decision as it has been already showin Colossus is a puppet so unless there is a 360 and the puppet (colossus) is actually really only pretending to do so and Xavier allowed him to kill that girl otherwise Destiny voting NO on colossus was a GOOD decision as they have basically just given a foreign hostile entity a seat on their council and what has to be one of the most dumbed down moments of xavier and magneto i've seen since they tried to be clever in Issue 1 and lead people to vote on Mystique resignation.

I mean granted xavier did show up to see colossus in X-force so i'm expecting a lot of fill in the gaps but yeesh.

this probably reads random.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-27-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    How does Hope's power work? She's a power mimic, right? So, whose telepathy was she mimicking when she restored Destiny's consciousness to her body? I ask because there were no other telepaths present as the time. What is Hope's range? Is her power so vast that she could mimic the powers of any mutant on Krakoa? But, if not, how is it she was able to use Cerebro?
    Proteus makes the most sense

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    The Marvel encylopedia states hope is a telekinetic and telepath as well as her power to mimic. Some call it unofficial some do but we have seen it applied at least twice. It may be tied to her initial ability where the five lights felt attached borderline obsessed with her.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.