Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Destiny not only being back but not being a grandma just feels weird

Kate giving Colossus an of course .... feels that should have been more awkward

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Agree with you. Nightcrawler doesn't have any extraordinary skills and is not an omega mutant to be in the council. I wonder why people voted him in the first place.

The council members should be the most powerful mutants with extraordinary ability to lead the mutant nation.
    You're saying that extraordinary power = extraordinary leadership? Have I misunderstood you?

I really enjoyed this issue and Percy’s talk about the last issue of X-Force being big for Pete makes way more sense now. I can’t remember though, does Mikhail have the ability to see what Colossus is actually doing while it’s happening or does the Chronicler write a command and they hope for the best?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I think at this point, this is less about leadership skills and more about getting the votes. Everyone in the council has been at this long enough to know there's only a few of them that are going to be the ones proposing actual laws and motions, and the rest will just be a vote for or against. Voting Colossus in is simply because most of the people that said yes think he will side with them. It makes sense from their perspective. I honestly think only Kurt and Exodus are not really completely aware of the games being played here, since they honestly seem to be voting with their feelings most of time. Maybe Kitty to an extend, but everyone else is thinking stratigically in terms of who will be with them if they want something pass.

People are looking at Colossus as a yes man, not knowing what we know is happening in X-Force.
    This honestly makes the most sense but it makes them looks so callous imo it's hard to believe. These are mutants coming back to a world as mystique said that has changed a lot since they were last there. What if other mutants went through an experience similar to Destiny and they just basically threw them to the wind to grow new limbs or whatever connection to a now poisoned earth etc since the door has been opened on how a manifestation can really be a brutal process on the recipient, something lightly touched in COTA with the scenes of Carmen undergoing her mutation. For me it felt added for cheap sympathy to fit the story and i didn't feel it, so i'm just really trying to base it on the work hickman has provided in his own canon. Yes destiny saw a lot of realities but Cyclops coming into his powers wasn't easy other nor was Jean or many others that were resurrected better than ever. It felt forced to me.

edit: Then it wasn't clear if Destiny was still blind so did her powers take her sight again or did somehow Hope pull of the perfect feat with her placing of memories because Destiny may have had 3 weeks but she seems good now. Cyclops still seems unable to control his powers, Rogue is still having issues and so on and so forth so why did she come back i want to say better in quotes but it still feels wrong so not as she was before or close to it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-27-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well played Raven, well played.

And why would Xavier choose the latest incarnation of Destiny mind but age her husk specifically to the date she met Mystique. that didn't send up a single red flag or anything. Granted they may not have known the specifics but given how many resurrections they have done, why specifically choose to age her so young. I mean i would have though "is xavier a lowkey creeper"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

^^That was Mystique who did that. She said she wanted Destiny to be the same age that they originally met.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    edit: Then it wasn't clear if Destiny was still blind so did her powers take her sight again or did somehow Hope pull of the perfect feat with her placing of memories because Destiny may have had 3 weeks but she seems good now. Cyclops still seems unable to control his powers, Rogue is still having issues and so on and so forth so why did she come back i want to say better in quotes but it still feels wrong so not as she was before or close to it.
    I mean, they don't want to remove disabilities, that's been a thing they have said from the start, they being the writers. One could fanwank that Irene's blindness is tied to her powers. And Rogue hasn't died yet, so there's been no need to fix her (And her powers now work properly anyways, unless they flipped that coin again).

And why would Xavier choose the latest incarnation of Destiny mind but age her husk specifically to the date she met Mystique. that didn't send up a single red flag or anything. Granted they may not have known the specifics but given how many resurrections they have done, why specifically choose to age her so young. I mean i would have though "is xavier a lowkey creeper"
    I mean, doesn't everyone already think that? haha. I certainly do.

I mean, they don't want to remove disabilities, that's been a thing they have said from the start, they being the writers. One could fanwank that Irene's blindness is tied to her powers. And Rogue hasn't died yet, so there's been no need to fix her (And her powers now work properly anyways, unless they flipped that coin again).

I mean, doesn't everyone already think that? haha. I certainly do.
    But not the youngins. LMAO. If there was ever a time to be woke it was then. Xavier resurrected Irene in the form when she met mystique and then told the five to go off and leave them (mind you irene was naked at the time) and no one cared what happened to her for three weeks. Three weeks. And then only cared because she showed up for a council seat.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Does the mobile Cerebro helmet just like…sit on a pillow somewhere, that anyone has access to?

Ummmmmm how in the hell was Hope able to ressurect Destiny if she didn't have Xavier's TP to borrow?

But not the youngins. LMAO. If there was ever a time to be woke it was then. Xavier resurrected Irene in the form when she met mystique and then told the five to go off and leave them (mind you irene was naked at the time) and no one cared what happened to her for three weeks. Three weeks. And then only cared because she showed up for a council seat.
    I will concede to that. I would not leave Xavier alone with anyone naked like that. Except maybe with Erick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Does the mobile Cerebro helmet just like…sit on a pillow somewhere, that anyone has access to?
    Right? I feel they should be more secure than that. That is honestly the only point of this that's been bugging me.

I will concede to that. I would not leave Xavier alone with anyone naked like that. Except maybe with Erick.

Right? I feel they should be more secure than that. That is honestly the only point of this that's been bugging me.
    and i didn't even think about the optics of the next time you see her see is in as magneto says "an iron helmet" lol. it makes me think of the man in the iron mask for some reason. And xavier and magneto are the ian and mickey of the x-verse. some will get that.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Ummmmmm how in the hell was Hope able to ressurect Destiny if she didn't have Xavier's TP to borrow?
    Some people have floated the idea of Proteus. Since Hope connects to the other Five during the process, is not unreasonable to say she's already synched to his powers. So the only misstep is that it wasn't stated in comic like it normally is when she borrows it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

And yet they voted yes to putting someone on the Krakoa council they have not seen in months. Someone who has wanted absolutely nothing to do with Krakoa directly or it's main line teams and focused all of his energy on farming and without asking a simple question they just all vote yes because he is colossus and trusting someone too much you let them run a country is far worse than not trusting someone enough that you won't let them help run a country imo. Colossus just doesn't have the receipts for leadership let alone helping to run a country. I mean i like colossus but at least destiny powers comes with some benefits.
    They have no reason to trust Destiny, and every reason (as far as they know) to trust Colossus.