Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I don't even think a vote was necessary, Xavier should have just said that Colossus was the new member; case closed. Xavier and Magneto appointed the others to sit on the council, no vote was required for them and quite frankly what qualifications does one need to sit on the council? Saying Colossus doesn't belong because he isn't an omega or to nice/naive or has no leadership skills reeks of elitism. And honestly I don't think Peter would be some mindless yes man for anyone, the Colossus from the extinction team was his own man or like when he left to join the Acolytes. He is fully capable of thinking independently for himself.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Exactly and even his reasons to join the Acolytes or be on the extinction team didnīt involve him doing a hel turn, he just personally wanted to know other perspectives besides the X-men team and when it came the need for him to help the X-men defeat the Acolytes, he helped because it was neccesary at the time but didnīt rejoin the X-men because he didnīt like them trying to use Kitty to manipulate him back into the team and for the same reasons he helped the Acolytes defeat Holocaust when he attacked Avalon, because it was the good thing to do. Even his brother never could make him see his pov so he had to mindcontrol him to make him follow him, he may be nice most of the time but heīs far from being anybodys puppet.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    He is fully capable of thinking independently for himself.
    There is a mutant named Chronicler living in a rival mutant nation hidden in the outskirts of Russia that controls Piotr's every move just by writing on a piece of paper.

Logan was mind controlled by that same group for some time as well but was able to seek help to snap out of it, this X-force story happens before Inferno, so thereīs no reason to think Colossus didnīt snap out of it with Xavier or Jean or Emmaīs help.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I don't even think a vote was necessary, Xavier should have just said that Colossus was the new member; case closed. Xavier and Magneto appointed the others to sit on the council, no vote was required for them
    That's not how the council works.

Yes, Xavier and Magneto went about appointing/buying members at the start, but once the council was operating they themselves were also bound by its decisions.

BANNED

What a rip off! We are two issues in in a series called "inferno" and there is krakoa all green and unchanged. When are the fireworks going to start? All the hype and all it amounts to is quite council shenanigans and the mystique/destiny imperative or whatever. Guess I know now who will be punching magneto next. It will be Mystique in the form of colossus. Lol Then Polaris will probably be his replacement until mystique impersonates her next and gets her kicked off too so that no quorum is formed and krakoa will finally become the hell that is politics and they will be consumed by a political maelstorm and Madeline would be resurrected by Cable for the obligatory callback who will promptly try to sacrifice hope on krakoas altar so that she could be mistress of the Nexus but Man Thing will put the kibosh on her plans and possess Krakoa and it will rise and walk away into the Nexus sunset leaving the mutants to drown.

Extraordinary Member

I do enjoy the irony in there being a story called Inferno which is so far just C-SPAN while another story about Magik, Madelyn Prior, and Limbo is announced but has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I do enjoy the irony in there being a story called Inferno which is so far just C-SPAN while another story about Magik, Madelyn Prior, and Limbo is announced but has nothing to do with it.
    Not C-SPAN. LOL!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    What a rip off! We are two issues in in a series called "inferno" and there is krakoa all green and unchanged. When are the fireworks going to start? All the hype and all it amounts to is quite council shenanigans and the mystique/destiny imperative or whatever. Guess I know now who will be punching magneto next. It will be Mystique in the form of colossus. Lol Then Polaris will probably be his replacement until mystique impersonates her next and gets her kicked off too so that no quorum is formed and krakoa will finally become the hell that is politics and they will be consumed by a political maelstorm and Madeline would be resurrected by Cable for the obligatory callback who will promptly try to sacrifice hope on krakoas altar so that she could be mistress of the Nexus but Man Thing will put the kibosh on her plans and possess Krakoa and it will rise and walk away into the Nexus sunset leaving the mutants to drown.
    Nah Luna already took that place in the queque to beat her Grandad in ToM and she can be even more savage because she can manipulate emotions but is the baby of the family, so Erik canīt even raise his voice at her without feeling guilty and sheīs inmune to telepaths

I actually didnīt expect this Inferno to be anything like the old one, the most fire I can see is the one around Orchis base when it gets eventually destroyed but change is coming to Krakoa and I hope Maddie stays around after Hellions ends.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-28-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Nah Luna already took that place in the queque to beat her Grandad in ToM and she can be even more savage because she can manipulate emotions but is the baby of the family, so no one can even raise their voice at her without feeling guilty and sheīs inmune to telepaths

I actually didnīt expect this Inferno to be anything like the old one, the most fire I can see is the one around Orchis base when it gets eventually destroyed but change is coming to Krakoa and I hope Maddie stays around after Hellions ends.
    We already know Maddie will be in New Mutants once the Shadow King, apparently trying to take the throne of Limbo.

Thanks, I didnīt know that, it looks like Hickman was successful in bringing all mutants back, hopefully she will get good development there.

I am also serious about bringing down that Orchis base, itīs come to nothing narratively speaking and they have been trying to do this since HoX, itīs ridiculous itīs still standing,ĄI want it gone, with fire!
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-28-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kinda disappointed that Krakoa's security is so weak that no one can tell if someone is pretending to be Xavier or that Piotr is possessed.
    Krakoa has been a joke in this regard, I was hoping after X-force and FF just walking in they would do the thing they did in the Utopia alt. reality(The one where Rogue collected from dead people, kitty broke in, etc.?) where they had TP users create a force field IIRC.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks, I didnīt know that, it looks like Hickman was successful in bringing all mutants back, hopefully she will get good development there.

I am also serious about bringing down that Orchis base, itīs come to nothing narratively speaking and they have been trying to do this since HoX, itīs ridiculous itīs still standing,ĄI want it gone, with fire!
    X-Men: Marvel Brings Back Madelyne Pryor in New Mutants arc 'The Labors of Magik'

Unfortunately, it's been delayed from January till March.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    X-Men: Marvel Brings Back Madelyne Pryor in New Mutants arc 'The Labors of Magik'

Unfortunately, it's been delayed from January till March.
    Well I hope they use the time to give good art, awesome sheīs going to interact with Magik. Thanks a lot

Nah Luna already took that place in the queque to beat her Grandad in ToM and she can be even more savage because she can manipulate emotions but is the baby of the family, so Erik canīt even raise his voice at her without feeling guilty and sheīs inmune to telepaths
    at this point, I'm expecting Luna to appear in the last issue of ToM angry AF screaming "You threw a party to punch Magneto, and invited everyone... EXCEPT ME!" in a Madelyne fashion