Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    The Golem wasn't a tease, it was Hickman retconning Moira's death. As in she switched places with a Golem during the events of Dream's End and Mystique killed it and not her.
    I don't know why go through all this trouble if it is a past life event? With the reincarnation re-setting everything anyway.. I don't know the dream's end story but if you mean it was done to fit it into this very tenth life, then creating one Golem with Xavier , doesn't mean Moira can't have another created for her own designs.I think there's opportunity here to grow the implication of artificial husks and general resurrection protocols because it feeds into the whole Omega sentinel transhumanism and phalanx vessel 'ascension' teases in the now or the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I guess if the precog sees a future where death is unavoidable, they basically just give up? Blindfold straight up committed suicide when she saw there was no future for her.
    Which would imply Destiny will die again, coz she was unable to see anything(not verbatim and could be up for interpretation) .It wouldn't surprise me if at the end of Inferno Destiny dies and Mystique swears to bring down Krakoa no matter what it takes. I mean Xavier and Magneto trusting women who are possibly betraying(or will betray) them is the flavour of the year.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Okay I have one question, it's probably pretty dumb but bear with me.
    How can you kill someone who sees future?
    How Destiny's powers work exactly? Because she said to Moira previously "I am going to see it coming". Does she just SEE some stuff (but not everything)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Which would imply Destiny will die again, coz she was unable to see anything(not verbatim and could be up for interpretation) .It wouldn't surprise me if at the end of Inferno Destiny dies and Mystique swears to bring down Krakoa no matter what it takes. I mean Xavier and Magneto trusting women who are possibly betraying(or will betray) them is the flavour of the year.
    Or the timeline ends, precogs can/should be able to see there deaths but seeing a timeline ending and then next one is impossible

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Or the timeline ends, precogs can/should be able to see there deaths but seeing a timeline ending and then next one is impossible
    Or that, if it is the timeline could this be a hint that we are in life 11 already? I have a theory how this could be the surprise reveal

Extraordinary Member

Or that, if it is the timeline could this be a hint that we are in life 11 already? I have a theory how this could be the surprise reveal
    Maybe, I doubt it though. I think life 11 is the big thing Hickman had in plan for his big story which won't happen and serves as a backup incase the whole HOX/POX Krakoa thing didn't work sales wise.

That actually works pretty well, given that no Marvel editor ever is going to sanction a complete reset of 616 continuity if Moira were to die now. It'd be similar to how Powers Of X strung us along for a few issues about which future exactly we were witnessing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That actually works pretty well, given that no Marvel editor ever is going to sanction a complete reset of 616 continuity if Moira were to die now. It'd be similar to how Powers Of X strung us along for a few issues about which future exactly we were witnessing.
    I posted my detailed theory on this thread

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ath-of-Moira-X

To me it checks out, but I doubt the writers would go there..maybe scenario 1 but not scenario 2. In any case I suspect this may have been Hickman's initial story that uses all the story points of HoX-PoX but if he altered his story ,I can see the 'ascension' plot being dropped for something new and less gutsy ..we wait and see.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Are Doug and Warlock going to be the ones who save the day? I assume by infecting Krakoa they’re going to make it immune from Orchis’s sun-weapon. It will simply absorb the energy as “lifeglow.”

Amazing Member

Cypher will fuse w Krakoa to become Captain Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Are Doug and Warlock going to be the ones who save the day? I assume by infecting Krakoa they’re going to make it immune from Orchis’s sun-weapon. It will simply absorb the energy as “lifeglow.”
    We have that. Also, the possibility of Apocalypse returning. Broo's brood army. Magik as the ruler of limbo.

The mutants have a lot of firepower right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    We have that. Also, the possibility of Apocalypse returning. Broo's brood army. Magik as the ruler of limbo.

The mutants have a lot of firepower right now.
    I believe the Brood tried but failed (mentioned in a data page) but I'd love to see Apocalypse return surrounded by his children.

There's also still the threat of Sentinel City but I have a feeling that might be something Ewing will play with.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

The "look" on Destiny's "face" when she said "No." to Colossus. Head drooped and either saddened or fearful. I might be reading too much into the art, but I suspect something is afoot.

1. Colossus is truly controlled and kills someone (other than Kayla).
    2. Colossus isn't truly controlled and compromises whatever Destiny has "planned."
    3. Colossus sacrifices himself to save someone.

My gut tells me 3., but I hope I'm wrong. Colossus needs much better treatment and an improvement through 2022.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    The "look" on Destiny's "face" when she said "No." to Colossus. Head drooped and either saddened or fearful. I might be reading too much into the art, but I suspect something is afoot.

1. Colossus is truly controlled and kills someone (other than Kayla).
    2. Colossus isn't truly controlled and compromises whatever Destiny has "planned."
    3. Colossus sacrifices himself to save someone.

My gut tells me 3., but I hope I'm wrong. Colossus needs much better treatment and an improvement through 2022.
    If it's #1- then why not just say so? If it's 3, wouldn't he be resurrected?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And we still don't have an idea as to the real reason (besides petty vindictiveness...which is good enough reasoning, imo) why Destiny wasn't allowed back...and thus why Emma also agreed to side with Erik and Charles. It can't just be..."We always fail/lose."

This can go in so many catastrophic directions...all at once. And I'm living! for it.
    It's not just petty vindictiveness, Moira made it clear that no precogs should be allowed in Krakoa, so while she has a personal reason to be pissed at Destiny, there's something about the future that she doesn't want the rest to know, and while she claims it's that "we always lose":

https://i.imgur.com/mtEUDi6.png

https://i.imgur.com/nMNOu9t.png

(PoX#6)

I think there's more to it than just that...

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    Am I remembering wrong that Destiny mentioned in HOX/POX that she can't actually "see" Moira herself, just the events surrounding her?
    You're remembering correctly:

https://i.imgur.com/gVdhojE.png

(HoX#2)

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The issue makes it pretty clear they chose him believing he would be easy to manipulate. But they don't know he's beind mind controlled by his brother so it will backfire on them.
    Man, for a place with telepaths, Krakoa has terrible security that can track who's teleporting where, Krakoa has terrible security...

Like fuck, Mystique just walked in, got Cerebro, told Hope to resurrect some mutant and, instead of putting it back ASAP, just decided to let Hope keep it for a while? What the hell? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That brings an interesting question but does Hope's powers work on herself? Have they ever shown her trying to use her powers on herself to boost her range
    That sounds like an infinitely looping bullshit that would basically allow her to copy the others of anyone within the universe eventually lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Okay I have one question, it's probably pretty dumb but bear with me.
    How can you kill someone who sees future?
    How Destiny's powers work exactly? Because she said to Moira previously "I am going to see it coming". Does she just SEE some stuff (but not everything)?
    From what I've seen in older comics, she can see the future with scarily good predictions, but essentially becomes blinded if something isn't supposed to be there, which's what happened in Days of Future Past, she could predict anything the X-Men were doing, except Kitty, who had the whole mental time travel going on, with her future self being in her own body.

Later on in in X-Factor#8, Jean was another interference:

https://i.imgur.com/OMg36Bx.png

But I have no idea why, might've been explained later.

In Krakoa, Moira is confirmed to be one more or less, since she said she can't actually see Moira, but can see the events around her, but Destiny can still find and kill Moira if she wants to, though that would cause a reset, unless Moira is depowered

That makes me wonder, did Rachel and/or Cable ever mess with her predictions? 'Cause logically they would, at least at first.

Anyways, I don't like how the security is so sloppy here, it's also odd how Xavier and Magneto got so desperate they thought revealing everything to Emma was a good idea, which, considering how much a wild card Emma is, that is a risky bet to make... That also makes me think of the first issue where Emma is the one resurrecting Xavier and Magneto, now that we know that she knows about the other timelines, she could use that chance to do something to them when they eventually get resurrected.

Really like how Hickman writes Destiny, she's just so, imposing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's not just petty vindictiveness, Moira made it clear that no precogs should be allowed in Krakoa, so while she has a personal reason to be pissed at Destiny, there's something about the future that she doesn't want the rest to know, and while she claims it's that "we always lose":

https://i.imgur.com/mtEUDi6.png

https://i.imgur.com/nMNOu9t.png

(PoX#6)

I think there's more to it than just that...

You're remembering correctly:

https://i.imgur.com/gVdhojE.png

(HoX#2)

Man, for a place with telepaths, Krakoa has terrible security that can track who's teleporting where, Krakoa has terrible security...

Like fuck, Mystique just walked in, got Cerebro, told Hope to resurrect some mutant and, instead of putting it back ASAP, just decided to let Hope keep it for a while? What the hell? Lol

That sounds like an infinitely looping bullshit that would basically allow her to copy the others of anyone within the universe eventually lol.

From what I've seen in older comics, she can see the future with scarily good predictions, but essentially becomes blinded if something isn't supposed to be there, which's what happened in Days of Future Past, she could predict anything the X-Men were doing, except Kitty, who had the whole mental time travel going on, with her future self being in her own body.

Later on in in X-Factor#8, Jean was another interference:

https://i.imgur.com/OMg36Bx.png

But I have no idea why, might've been explained later.

In Krakoa, Moira is confirmed to be one more or less, since she said she can't actually see Moira, but can see the events around her, but Destiny can still find and kill Moira if she wants to, though that would cause a reset, unless Moira is depowered

That makes me wonder, did Rachel and/or Cable ever mess with her predictions? 'Cause logically they would, at least at first.

Anyways, I don't like how the security is so sloppy here, it's also odd how Xavier and Magneto got so desperate they thought revealing everything to Emma was a good idea, which, considering how much a wild card Emma is, that is a risky bet to make... That also makes me think of the first issue where Emma is the one resurrecting Xavier and Magneto, now that we know that she knows about the other timelines, she could use that chance to do something to them when they eventually get resurrected.

Really like how Hickman writes Destiny, she's just so, imposing.
    I have a problem with the poor security all over the place, but I don't necessarily have an issue with Piotr being above suspicion simply because the chronicler's control may not be telepathy but some other means of changing probability/fate by writing it,so the telepaths may indeed not see anything.However the moles and traitors are going about their business with too much ease.How did Mistique attend all those QC meetings for a month before revealing Destiny? Emma had an informant in Hellions but sat on info as far back as Sinister killing his whole team on returning from Amenth.Brand has a mole in S.W.O.R.D while she herself may be playing double agent for some other party. I know security is never impervious but this is straight up incompetence.