Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Here's hoping the title will start to make sense in issue 3. Whatever my problems with the 80s Inferno, that was a book with demon invasions, mailboxes eating people, child sacrifice, huge revelations, tons of action, and most of the MU got involved in some fashion. This is so far a series of board meetings and the meetings between the meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I enjoyed the issue but there are flaws.

1) Hope suddenly has telepathy?
    Aside from various hints at psychic abilities over the years, Hope's always had a form of mind control/influence over the Lights. An X of Swords guide thing also listed telepathy among her powers, and she was seen using telepathy in Trial of Magneto. She's been established as a telepath for a while now, and there's enough leeway in her history and powerset for her to reasonably be one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Moira being that composed after revealing her biggest secret to Emma is unnerving. Anyway, good issue, although I wonder if Hickman&Co don't know that Hope is not a telepath(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And we still don't have an idea as to the real reason (besides petty vindictiveness...which is good enough reasoning, imo) why Destiny wasn't allowed back...and thus why Emma also agreed to side with Erik and Charles. It can't just be..."We always fail/lose."

This can go in so many catastrophic directions...all at once. And I'm living! for it.
    That's where I'm at and I'm loving not having any idea how things will unfold. There's certainly more to Moira to be revealed and I think the QC will change again before we're done, if not completely fall apart.

I need to re-read the issue but the only part I didn't quite grasp was when Destiny said there's a hole in her vision of the future. I wonder if she's being blocked somehow.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok Destiny fine as hell!! Raven I get it mama I do!
    I’m here for the take no-prisoners lesbians.

Mighty Member

I don't get why people are thinking Emma got played by Mystique. That'd make sense if she was informed about Destiny prior to the vote, but before it the only thing she'd know is that Destiny is Mystique's girlfriend who is a mutant. Her only potential against argument, at this time, for Destiny not being on the council is Mystique getting too much power

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I dropped X Force so i guess Colossus isn't a suspected traitor anymore?

Ok some overall thoughts:

Destiny and Mystique are the villainous pairing we deserve.

Like others have mentioned earlier, I wish Hickman had done more QC politics throughout his run because it’s entertaining as hell. Though I have to say they’re the worst government body ever. Colossus doesn’t even have to give a speech to the citizens? His friends just vote his unqualified ass on?

Trying to get Emma in on the shady plan makes perfect sense to me. Emma being all distraught about being lied to… did not. She just revealed a multi-year manipulation going on with Lordes in Marauders. This is the kind of reaction I would expect from a Jean or a Storm.

Other than that pretty good stuff. It doesn’t really feel like the end of an era and I think that’s intentional on Hickman’s parts.

Quick question: hasn’t Hope used Cerebro by herself before? Or is this more Inferno not lining up with the rest of the line?

To the comment above: Colossus actually is a traitor lol. Either Xavier has deprogrammed him off-panel and is manipulating him in place of his handler, OR everybody is very screwed.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-27-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I need to re-read the issue but the only part I didn't quite grasp was when Destiny said there's a hole in her vision of the future. I wonder if she's being blocked somehow.
    She’s either talking about Moira or Inferno is about to get really juicy…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She’s either talking about Moira or Inferno is about to get really juicy…

Lowkey could be a great twist, even if she herself won't play a big role maybe her being involved means she can't get a good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I dropped X Force so i guess Colossus isn't a suspected traitor anymore?
    He's a confirmed traitor via literal magically warping/controlling writing from a dude called the Chronicler.

As for the box, its probably the jewel Emma was trying to threaten off of the group of not-Muslim ladies during the Gala. And remember, early on in the relaunch Emma seemed to be trying to make some kind of alliance with all of the various telepaths on Krakoa, so she's always had hints of being self-serving and undermining the other Council members.

The narrative can't decide on what the threat is or who we should even root for. Orchis is half being built up as a big deal, and then you also have Xavier casually deleting all their info and making weak, half hearted attempts to stop them. Meanwhile, our main cast are all terrible people backstabbing each other for vague 'must change the future(?)' reasons that we're largely told and not shown as being bad. Not a single legitimately good or heroic character is involved in these seemingly hugely important events. Ororo, Kurt, Kate and even Jean when she was there are largely set dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    And Besides Charles and Erik for obvious reasons, why was Kate and Ororo so adamantly against Destiny joining the council? Was it because of her affiliation and lack of trust with Raven? Regardless of the situation and background, having a future teller on the council is extremely convenient.
    Kate and Ororo work(ed) with Pyro over in Marauders so holding Destiny's prior affiliations against her doesn't make a ton of sense. They can give a pass to the Aussie who burns people alive but not the sweet old-lady precog who was generally the most levelheaded member of the Brotherhood?

Their votes for Colossus make even less sense. Piotr makes bad choices and cracks easily under pressure, which both they and Kurt are intimately aware of. There is no logical reason they would think he could handle being on the council.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    but even before then she was joining krakoa "for the children"

which is just a lie she tells herself, she wants nice things and wants to be in control. she sold out a seat for whatever mystique got her, either way it was for HER, her own personal gain. not putting the nation and all of your species ahead of your needs, regardless if xavier/magneto's lies were known yet or not
    I'm not sure it is a lie. Yes, she likes nice things and yes, she does want power, but since she woke up from her coma after the deaths of the Hellions, Emma has consistently been written as devastated by the loss of her students. I think the reveal that Charles, Moira and Erik have been manipulating events from the start and yet couldn't, or wouldn't, prevent the deaths of several generations of students is enough to justify her reaction here.

Am I remembering wrong that Destiny mentioned in HOX/POX that she can't actually "see" Moira herself, just the events surrounding her?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Lowkey could be a great twist, even if she herself won't play a big role maybe her being involved means she can't get a good reading.
    Chiiile, I would die. But I’m 99% sure it won’t happen.

Honestly, as much as I’m enjoying this event, it feels a lot smaller than I assumed it would.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I thought the implication was that whatever Orchis is planning will cause the mutants to have no future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Quick question: hasn’t Hope used Cerebro by herself before? Or is this more Inferno not lining up with the rest of the line?

To the comment above: Colossus actually is a traitor lol. Either Xavier has deprogrammed him off-panel and is manipulating him in place of his handler, OR everybody is very screwed.
    Hope used Cerebro herself to rez Gabby in NM, I think. She was also using it in the background of Way of X, I believe. Although in both instances there were other telepaths around. It's also implied in ToM that she rezzed Wanda.

About Colossus, I would guess it's the latter as we know Xavier and Magneto will need to be resurrected in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok some overall thoughts:

Destiny and Mystique are the villainous pairing we deserve.

Like others have mentioned earlier, I wish Hickman had done more QC politics throughout his run because it’s entertaining as hell. Though I have to say they’re the worst government body ever. Colossus doesn’t even have to give a speech to the citizens? His friends just vote his unqualified ass on?

Trying to get Emma in on the shady plan makes perfect sense to me. Emma being all distraught about being lied to… did not. She just revealed a multi-year manipulation going on with Lordes in Marauders. This is the kind of reaction I would expect from a Jean or a Storm.

Other than that pretty good stuff. It doesn’t really feel like the end of an era and I think that’s intentional on Hickman’s parts.

Hope used Cerebro to resurrect Gabby but I assumed she was copying Martha's telepathy.