Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    at this point, I'm expecting Luna to appear in the last issue of ToM angry AF screaming "You threw a party to punch Magneto, and invited everyone... EXCEPT ME!" in a Madelyne fashion
    I could totally see this but I think she will quiet about it, like look at how she snapped at Johny or Pietro. She´s quiet and savage, she doesn´t need to raise her voice to make the people around her regret their life choices and honestly marvel has been wasting her in limbo. Also she calls Magneto Grandfather, the Inhumans are a traditional bunch so she calls Erik grandfather, not Magneto. So she would be like "you invited everybody to beat up grandfather but not me? (Sorry for going out of topic Starchilde, I just love this crazy family too much)

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-28-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Mystique's about to bring Krakoa's downfall, lovely
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Mystique's about to bring Krakoa's downfall, lovely
    Maybe. I think more likely she's just going to make things more interesting. There's now a power struggle coming and things are going to come out. Will Xavier and Magneto be in the same position at the end of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Nah Luna already took that place in the queque to beat her Grandad in ToM and she can be even more savage because she can manipulate emotions but is the baby of the family, so Erik can´t even raise his voice at her without feeling guilty and she´s inmune to telepaths

I actually didn´t expect this Inferno to be anything like the old one, the most fire I can see is the one around Orchis base when it gets eventually destroyed but change is coming to Krakoa and I hope Maddie stays around after Hellions ends.
    I dont think anyone expected a demon invasion but Hickman teased early on that Mystique would burn Krakoa to the ground so a the very least, I thought this mini would be about a failed attempt at doing just that

Extraordinary Member

Ever since we first read Destiny's instructions to bring her back or burn Krakoa down I assumed she had some sort of plan for what to do afterwards. It turns out she didn't. It really was just a selfish desire to come back to life. She and Mystique are jockeying for power, but nothing more. They don't know about Moira or what Charles and Eric are really up to. This makes them not the threat they were supposed to be and greatly lowers the stakes of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think anyone expected a demon invasion but Hickman teased early on that Mystique would burn Krakoa to the ground so a the very least, I thought this mini would be about a failed attempt at doing just that
    I did too but now Destiny is back and Mystique´s motivation to burn Krakoa is gone, she has no reason to do so now that she has everything she wants, Destiny, Rogue and even Kurt in her corner and a place in the QC. After this issue I think there´s a bigger possibility for Moira to try to do this given how angry she is and how issue #1 is all about her rejecting her mutant cure because of fear, not convintion so it´s possible she still feels like mutants are wrong and need to be taken off the board. Krakoa itself looks way too similar to the cage post humans used to jail the mutants left on earth, in Moira´s ten life. So far the only ones left able to burn Krakoa down seem to be Orchis but they have been barely there in the story. So my guess is that Moira or Destiny will do something that will provoke a big change in the status quo or burn Krakoa down but I don´t think this will actually happen.

Also, so far the issues seems to be telling the story of some characters, issue #1 was Moira and Orchis, issue #2 was Mystique and Destiny, that leaves issue #3 to maybe Charles and Erik pov and issue 4 to close up the story and make some final revelations.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-28-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

I could totally see this but I think she will quiet about it, like look at how she snapped at Johny or Pietro. She´s quiet and savage, she doesn´t need to raise her voice to make the people around her regret their life choices and honestly marvel has been wasting her in limbo. Also she calls Magneto Grandfather, the Inhumans are a traditional bunch so she calls Erik grandfather, not Magneto. So she would be like "you invited everybody to beat up grandfather but not me? (Sorry for going out of topic Starchilde, I just love this crazy family too much)

That first scan, that's so cold

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That first scan, that's so cold
    Yes it was and she didn´t talk to him again until he confessed only then she forgave him, if you are interested you can read Son of M and Silent War b David Hine, Avengers: The Unspoken and Peter David All New X-factor to see their story. It´s an interesting read. Poor Pietro, he meet his match in sarcasm with his daughter.

Luna doesn´t have much appareances and marvel tried to keep her very young for a long time but what small appareances she has have allowed some intriguig perspectives about her character, she´s a teenager now but she´s not a legacy character and her heritage as the first mutant/inhuman, part of the Inhuman royal family, with links to the Avengers and the X-men put her in an interesting position.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-28-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Spectacular Member

Late to the party but - How did Hope use Cerebro? Doesn't she have to copy telepathy? Wouldn't she have known that this Xavier was a fake if she tried to copy his powers and couldn't? Or does she always have access to telepathy being on Krakoa and in close proximity to many different telepaths?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thing is though...if they literally "burn it to the ground" they'll be breaking one of their laws: Respect this Sacred Land
    and
    Detrimentally harming Krakoa, a sentient mutant life form...the same one who gave them everything they have now to live and exist.

It has to be a figurative burning whereby the architects, and specifically Moira, and their machinations are utterly destroyed
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I believe they chose Pete because, they believe he is a pacifist, and he will have certain views that the other members might not see or have. He’s been a Xman, and Acolyte. Served under Chuck, Erik and Exodus. So he has experience with those guys. Now how him being compromised plays I think it goes beyond Inferno. I think they are setting this up to go beyond into Xforce.

BANNED

It's seems Mystique will try to kill Moira for some reason after this book. Destiny might die again(see 4th issue cover)

Fantastic Member

We need a team to be superheroes, living away from Krakoa and not impacting our daily lives. Let's do a telepathic vote for everyone.

We need to appoint new members of the council that dictates Krakoa's actions on the world stage, and the laws and practices of its citizens. Probably just pick anyone and do a private vote right?

I really hope Moira isnt attempting to assimilate mutandom with the Phalanx. From some little hidden scenes of Warlock and Krakoa melding together, this may already be in motion.

Im also curious about what Omega Sentinel has going on, whatever she said/showed to Nimrod had him shook.

Extraordinary Member

Yes it was and she didn´t talk to him again until he confessed only then she forgave him, if you are interested you can read Son of M and Silent War b David Hine, Avengers: The Unspoken and Peter David All New X-factor to see their story. It´s an interesting read. Poor Pietro, he meet his match in sarcasm with his daughter.

Luna doesn´t have much appareances and marvel tried to keep her very young for a long time but what small appareances she has have allowed some intriguig perspectives about her character, she´s a teenager now but she´s not a legacy character and her heritage as the first mutant/inhuman, part of the Inhuman royal family, with links to the Avengers and the X-men put her in an interesting position.
    Thanks a lot, will check it all out