Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

This issue was pretty neat. I am so ready for a lot of these plots to implode in some messy ass way.

Regarding the Emma of it all, I'll just put my two cents here:

Charles and Erick going to Emma makes sense at the beginning of HoX and here, they are playing with politics and manipulation and that's just Emma's resume. Any other more trustworthy person would likely not go along with what they're doing. I mean this issue seemed to basically imply that the missions against Orchis are being self sabotaged in some form. There's more going on here.

As for Emma's reactions, I ask you to consider two things: One, being trauma dump thousands of years worth of memories where your species ends up in a terrible way + realizing that the events of your life have been manipulated for years is probably a lot of take in. Emma is only a mutant after all. She is allowed to have a bad reaction to that. Hence changing into diamond, a thing she does when she knows she's being emotional. And two, she didn't say she wouldn't go along with it, but given the reveal she is just not going to be loyal to them, which seems to me a reasonable response when you find out your colegues are probably even bigger manipulators than yourself.

As for her calling them out, is not unreasonable. She calls herself out all the time. She had Kitty join her team so Kitty could keep an eye on her. Emma is well aware that anyone moving the chess pieces can slip onto the bad side if they let themselves do it, and she just found out the leaders of mutant paradise are doing this on a larger scale than she probably ever imagined.

I think this will definitely lead to a shake up in how the mutant goverment if going to operate from now on and I'm eager to see how that plays out. I think the Council is going to work very differently than how it is here soon.

I really enjoyed this issue. I loved the callback to Charles reading Moira's mind when Emma finally found out the truth at The Louvre.
    I'm so glad I read that issue of X-Force, otherwise the Colossus reveal would have had no impact on me.
    I knew Mystique resurrected a young ass Destiny. She didn't die all those times not to get some prime loving.
    Caselli's art was beautiful. His art hasn't looked this good since he did "Avengers: Initiative."
    There were a few things that made no sense that I had to make myself believe, BUT, I enjoyed this issue.
    Mutant and Proud!

Amazing Member

Those damn Sinister Secrets!
    asd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    This issue was pretty neat. I am so ready for a lot of these plots to implode in some messy ass way.

Regarding the Emma of it all, I'll just put my two cents here:

Charles and Erick going to Emma makes sense at the beginning of HoX and here, they are playing with politics and manipulation and that's just Emma's resume. Any other more trustworthy person would likely not go along with what they're doing. I mean this issue seemed to basically imply that the missions against Orchis are being self sabotaged in some form. There's more going on here.

As for Emma's reactions, I ask you to consider two things: One, being trauma dump thousands of years worth of memories where your species ends up in a terrible way + realizing that the events of your life have been manipulated for years is probably a lot of take in. Emma is only a mutant after all. She is allowed to have a bad reaction to that. Hence changing into diamond, a thing she does when she knows she's being emotional. And two, she didn't say she wouldn't go along with it, but given the reveal she is just not going to be loyal to them, which seems to me a reasonable response when you find out your colegues are probably even bigger manipulators than yourself.

As for her calling them out, is not unreasonable. She calls herself out all the time. She had Kitty join her team so Kitty could keep an eye on her. Emma is well aware that anyone moving the chess pieces can slip onto the bad side if they let themselves do it, and she just found out the leaders of mutant paradise are doing this on a larger scale than she probably ever imagined.

I think this will definitely lead to a shake up in how the mutant goverment if going to operate from now on and I'm eager to see how that plays out. I think the Council is going to work very differently than how it is here soon.
    I did think that showing her instinctively turn to diamond was a very cool touch, that hammered home how much the brain dump affected her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Aside from various hints at psychic abilities over the years, Hope's always had a form of mind control/influence over the Lights. An X of Swords guide thing also listed telepathy among her powers, and she was seen using telepathy in Trial of Magneto. She's been established as a telepath for a while now, and there's enough leeway in her history and powerset for her to reasonably be one.
    It hasnt been a while. Telepathy is a very recent development for her. She's previously had to synch with someone that has TP in order to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Hope used Cerebro to resurrect Gabby but I assumed she was copying Martha's telepathy.
    Yes that was the implication. Today made no sense for her as she would be expected to copy "Xavier" at which point she would realize that wasnt him

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Seeing how XoS and HG turning out to be so substandard under the radar of Head of X as a writer and a collaborator. I would rather want HoX/PoX material than another shitty crossover.
    This isnt HOX/POX material. And who said anything about a crossover? You are the one thats going there
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-27-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    Those damn Sinister Secrets!
    Haha that's great!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It hasnt been a while. Telepathy is a very recent development for her. She's previously had to synch with someone that has TP in order to use it

Yes that was the implication. Today made no sense for her as she would be expected to copy "Xavier" at which point she would realize that wasnt him

This isnt HOX/POX material. And who said anything about a crossover? You are the one thats going there
    I mean couldn't she just synch with anyone of the viable husk in the Hatchery? Pretty sure there's a few telepathic husk hanging around there.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean couldn't she just synch with anyone of the viable husk in the Hatchery? Pretty sure there's a few telepathic husk hanging around there.
    They dont just have random husks there besides Xavier. I suppose she could have used him. Now that you mention it, Proteus is a telepath so it could have been him

Astonishing Member

I love that fact that Sinister was not fooled AT ALL by Mystique lol and only decided to play along just to see the sheer chaos of it all.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like Mystique didn't even try to persuade ororo and kitty lol. she knows they would never trust her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

All of the Raven and Destiny scenes were SO satisfying. I was literally screaming YAAS QUEENS inside, as ridiculous as that is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Moira vs Destiny has been a HoX/PoX plot for a while now. Getting other characters would just rile up more issues. You cant just add tons of characters within four issues. That would be terrible. Almost as ToM.

I know the story has to keep happening. But at this point it seems like rather than trying to bring in Emma. Charles/Magneto/Moira should have just talked to Mystique and Destiny. Just because Destiny sees the future doesn't mean she is compelled to blurt it out to everyone she meets. I think explaining to her how all these lives work and what's at stake they'd all work together to find a way to deal with the Nimrod/Machine Supremacy problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Moira vs Destiny has been a HoX/PoX plot for a while now. Getting other characters would just rile up more issues. You cant just add tons of characters within four issues. That would be terrible. Almost as ToM.
    No that was introduced in HOX/POX and largely left alone for 2 years until now. It hasnt been an ongoing plot. We finally got actual movement in the first 2 issues, which itself was just setup. With 2 issues left, its hard to beleive that this will be resolved in a satisfactory way.

well with two issues left see this is either going land flat or rushed. neither will be satisfactory. but all things considered these past two years it doesnt surprise me.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.