Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Out of all the QC members to turn to (Storm/Kurt even Exodus), Xavier and Magneto turned to Emma for support because they believe they can trust her, really! And Emma getting all up in her feelings because they didn't tell her anything, like she had any right to know. Man I wish Apocalypse was still on the council, he would be a much better ally for Xavier, Magneto and Moira. And he probably wouldn't hesitate to put down both Mystique and Destiny. Also what could anyone on the QC possibly have against Colossus that they wouldn't vote for him to be on the council, considering that they themselves were appointed by Xavier and Magneto. Smacks of hubris, arrogance and elitism, like they think he's not good enough.
    They pulled Emma because they thought if they show their cards to her she would be on their side, which in turn would tip the balance of power into Charles and Eriks favor. What use would it be to show Storm if she already siding with Charles and Erik, and as for Kurt and Exodus i can see them thinking that they are on Ravens side. Emma and Charles and Erik have all been on pretty amicable terms since the beginning of HoxPox, its really not silly to think that they believed Emma would be loyal to them.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking Beast would have been the best choice.

Hank took Charles' spot on the illuminati during Hickman's run on New Avengers.
    Hank's only loyalty is to himself, he absolutely can not be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Just read the issue , the story and art was fantastic!

But the ending was a bit disappointing, I think Iceman would have made a better candidate because he's an Omega level mutant and an original X-Man.

He would be a trusted friend to Xavier and Magneto.
    Bobby has had a relationship with Mystique, and he trusts Emma, probably more than Xavier, definitely more than Magneto.

I wish Hickman's X-Men had been more like this issue-to-issue instead of countless wheel-spinning digressions. This kind of plotting would still have taken place over many months in regular 25 page issues so it's not like the Quiet Council intrigue would have raced ahead of all the other books.

Also, big shrug at Colossus on the council. Was Strong Guy not available?

It makes a lot of sense. "Bring me back or burn Krakoa". Krakoa is staying because Hickman is leaving, so Destiny is back.

They have been played like they are kids.
    Everything starting with that Nimrod mission is just feels... off. Like somebody (Charles or Magneto) is sabotaging the whole mission from inside. You send Mystique (and ONLY her) to stop Nimrod from coming online (probably even knowing that she gonna fail) to achieve what exactly? To teach her a lesson? At cost of Nimrod coming for your butts later on? Why not just leave her dead (since she's a major threat and everything)?
    You can read and alter minds, you wear your helmet on for 24/7, you even UPLOAD her backup after she dies and you didn't expect her to do what she did? You don't have to be a telepath to understand that she's going to bring back Destiny on her own.

I love Hickman, but my love can go only that far. I hope it's going to be explained, until then it's a giant L. It was TOO easy for Mystique to get what she wanted without anyone notice a thing. So much for Illuminati Gang.

Yeah, the Emma thing fell flat. Her being upset and not trusting Charles and Magneto rang hollow. Emma has constantly lied and manipulated people up till present time. It was ridiculous the story is trying to frame it as something we should sympathize or understand her anger given her character and usual M.O. She wasn't the right point of view character in that instance and it would have worked better if they chose someone else. Charles and Magneto just look dumb trying to bring her in vs practically anyone else.

It's strange that Xavier would trust Emma before Kurt, Storm, Jean, Scott or Logan. They are the ones that deserve to know the truth.

It was cute that Exodus voted "yes" for Colossus. I guess it's a throwback to his Acolyte period.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Out of all the QC members to turn to (Storm/Kurt even Exodus), Xavier and Magneto turned to Emma for support because they believe they can trust her, really! And Emma getting all up in her feelings because they didn't tell her anything, like she had any right to know. Man I wish Apocalypse was still on the council, he would be a much better ally for Xavier, Magneto and Moira. And he probably wouldn't hesitate to put down both Mystique and Destiny. Also what could anyone on the QC possibly have against Colossus that they wouldn't vote for him to be on the council, considering that they themselves were appointed by Xavier and Magneto. Smacks of hubris, arrogance and elitism, like they think he's not good enough.
    They probably think Emma can understand being duplicitous for the greater good whereas someone more moral would not - except that Emma as of late seems much more likely to put the greater good above her own secrets than the other 3.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Hank's only loyalty is to himself, he absolutely can not be trusted.
    Charles has been enabling Hank's bad behavior. I honestly think Hank would be all in.

Colossus??

Meanwhile Rachel out there with no purpose..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Bobby has had a relationship with Mystique, and he trusts Emma, probably more than Xavier, definitely more than Magneto.
    Most relationships that occurred outside of Claremont's run are usually ignored especially since Bobby has been revealed to be gay and Mystique real love is Destiny.

Iceman trust Kitty more than Emma because he has known both Kitty and Xavier much longer than Emma.

Iceman or Jean would have been better as a member of council. Yeah, I know Jean is on X-Men team but she can be persuaded to rejoin due to the gravity of the problem.

Or even Cypher/Krakoa merged would have been better.
    Last edited by ericng; 10-27-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yeah, the Emma thing fell flat. Her being upset and not trusting Charles and Magneto rang hollow. Emma has constantly lied and manipulated people up till present time. It was ridiculous the story is trying to frame it as something we should sympathize or understand her anger given her character and usual M.O. She wasn't the right point of view character in that instance and it would have worked better if they chose someone else. Charles and Magneto just look dumb trying to bring her in vs practically anyone else.
    i guess the problem is we dont really know what the full extent of manipulating of events in x men history that moira chalres and eric have actually done that makes emmas reaction less reasonable.

BANNED

I am still rooting for Cable to be the replacement. Charles and Cable trust each other mutually and he is from the future so that could also bring an interesting addition to this book

Whatever love Bobby had for Raven is long gone he would side with Emma & Kitty over her anyday, he would have been a much better choice than Colosus who has betrayed both Erik & Charles in the past & has I tense mental/emotional trauma.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Makes sense to me.

She wasn't mad that they were doing something sneaky. She was mad she was left out of it! Very different.

That's also the reason they went with her over Storm and Kurt. Storm and Kurt don't do sneaky things like Xavier/Magneto/Emma/Moira do.

What I don't get is the Colossus reveal? I hope it amounts to something thought so I'm open to it.

I did think it was actually Apocalypse at first (the first glance we get seemed like a bald head)! And him being back did hype me up (and would've been full circle) but then it was Colossus...