Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

When did Emma start having Karma's power of mind possession? She never had this power back in Claremont's days.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I got a few Pyro moments, so I'm good.

I'm concerned that Pyro and Iceman will be MIA when the reboot happens.
    My flag is bacon.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    When did Emma start having Karma's power of mind possession? She never had this power back in Claremont's days.
    Its been a pretty basic application of telepathy since the 60s. She's done it a number of time throughout the years and notably she was training Karma in the use of her powers early into the Fraction era.

This was ironically the best book this week despite completely missing the point that Noto is not cut for action issues. Bishop and Shaw pounding each other was a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by placeholder View Post
    This was ironically the best book this week despite completely missing the point that Noto is not cut for action issues. Bishop and Shaw pounding each other was a highlight.
    I can watch them all day.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Kate's got another busted nose. Running gag at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by borkbork View Post
    Kate's got another busted nose. Running gag at this point.
    I couldn't help but laugh when she lifted her head and there was her nose broken again. I've had mine broken twice so I feel her pain.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I got a few Pyro moments, so I'm good.

I'm concerned that Pyro and Iceman will be MIA when the reboot happens.
    Same here. I enjoyed the issue for the Iceman and Bishop moments that we got. Bobby was really the MVP of the story, but I also loved Bishop and Sebastian charging each other up. Nice to see Sebastian actually written with a little bit of dignity instead of just existing for Emma to kick around. (Not that he doesn't deserve it.)

Pyro went to a dark place really quickly when Kate pulled that gun out, but I can't say it's out of character for him. Back when he had Legacy he picked a fight with Daredevil hoping to either kill or be killed, rather than die of illness. I kinda wonder if his line about "better to burn out than fade away" is a vague reference to his Legacy Virus death. I can imagine him not wanting to just sit around waiting to die.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A lovely done-in-two arc.
    I've been on the Emma and Kate show from day one and I'll be a little sad when it's done so I'm soaking this in...even with Noto's "bleh" art.
    I'm not sure I appreciate Emma going "soft" on Rexlo but that's most likely me projecting my rather fatalistic views when it comes to people who actively and unreservedly try to commit murder.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Iceman yet again wasn't even featured in summary page with the rest of the cast....
    Yeah wtf? Dude saves the whole team and doesn't get featured with his teammates

I am going to assume that only nameless throwaway characters are the only ones capable of dying instantly when thrown into the vacuum of space anymore, because only Iceman surviving made sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    She possesed bobby's body in uncanny 314. It was the first thing that popped up when i put emma possesed... i knew it happened but i couldn't remember exactly when.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I am going to assume that only nameless throwaway characters are the only ones capable of dying instantly when thrown into the vacuum of space anymore, because only Iceman surviving made sense at all.
    Kate phasing and Emma in diamond form (which she suddenly was out of) could survive. While impressive in power I wish they would play with death more often since there are resurrections at the moment. Shaw dying and Emma not caring would be a funny moment. Etc. The issue definitely had room for it.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member

Well, I’m certainly glad that Banshee join Operation. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIM.?

I'm glad duggan didn't kill the team. Bishop war college was mentioned a lot of times so i'm totally expecting it to happen now, somewhere, i mean it has to, even as an annual and in the background of books. I agree with pretty much every post in this thread on the issue so not much else to add. It had it's strengths, weaknesses, felt like filler, i mean it wasn't bad though band was very entertaining. The kate getting her nose broken was a good call back to to when she first tried to walk through the krakoan gate and breaking her nose.

edit: I think Duggan did a really solid job with this book and i think he is keeping it even paced so we look forward to Orlando and i am. So yeah this was a good run.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm glad duggan didn't kill the team. Bishop war college was mentioned a lot of times so i'm totally expecting it to happen now, somewhere, i mean it has to, even as an annual and in the background of books. I agree with pretty much every post in this thread on the issue so not much else to add. It had it's strengths, weaknesses, felt like filler, i mean it wasn't bad though band was very entertaining. The kate getting her nose broken was a good call back to to when she first tried to walk through the krakoan gate and breaking her nose.

edit: I think Duggan did a really solid job with this book and i think he is keeping it even paced so we look forward to Orlando and i am. So yeah this was a good run.
    A Great Captain, runs a war college, and yet we get no book. We don't even get an arc in this book. If we got Way of X, which is in part about religion. I see no reason we can't get a book about protection and enforcement of a whole island.