Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and the members killed can't be resurrected either right? they're not mutants.
    Back in the '80s, Shiar tech put people (like Xavier) into new clone bodies to avoid death-by-Brood-implantation, so I suspect they've had some form of resurrection protocols for pretty much ever.

And yeah, Fang, at least, appears to be replaceable. They're on at least Fang 3.0 by now.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Apparently not. But Mac’s always been a dick IMO.
    One of the reasons that I always preferred him dead.
    My flag is bacon.

Incredible Member

So, odds on Mac actually being Brand's human mole in Alpha Flight?

Incredible Member

Well at least the mole was not Peepers, that would have been to much on the nose.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Well at least the mole was not Peepers, that would have been to much on the nose.
    It seemed like Mentallo was being foreshadowed as the obvious mole, so it's interesting to see Wiz Kid playing what appears to be double agent (I'd hate if he was *really* a mole for Orchis, though!).

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I just hope that Peepers comes out okay after the new year.
    My flag is bacon.

Lol that is hilarious, well played
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    My favorite panel. Allow me to be shallow, but I hope they keep this look for Storm when they relaunch next year.

Attachment 115068
    Lol, sheesh. Can a sista keep a pair of pants! If not can we at least see more gratuitous cakes shots?

Astonishing Member

Having so many moles on the island is really disturbing.I mean I get the realism but at this rate the number of traitors is mind-blowing..Sinister (obviously)Whiz Kid, Colossus+Lost(inadvertently), Abigail(probably), Warlock(possibly) ,Bei( perhaps) ..Black Tom(ominously)..and don't forget we ain't sure about Moira or even Mistique if she tries to end Moira out of vengeance. Like damn Krakoa needs to fire all security personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Back in the '80s, Shiar tech put people (like Xavier) into new clone bodies to avoid death-by-Brood-implantation, so I suspect they've had some form of resurrection protocols for pretty much ever.

And yeah, Fang, at least, appears to be replaceable. They're on at least Fang 3.0 by now.
    The IG are supposed to have lots of backups. It also includes species from planets that all have the same power. So most if not all are replaceable.

Smasher has died a number of times in the past and in fact there's a Smasher Core which has dozens of Smashers just waiting in turn to become THE Smasher.

Ultimate Member

So now having read this, I am amused by the Fatal Five riff, and even more by the notion that 'Berto has introduced soccer to the Shiar imperium and plays it with members of the Imperial Guard (cause, of course it was 'Berto, who else? Certainly not Sam or Izzy!).

Note to self, if I ever join the Imperial Guard, make sure to be one of the ladies. The dudes die like chaff, and the ladies always seem to skate on the gory death scenes.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Hated how poorly Gladiator and the Guard were written, just jobbing them out; Ewing's just not doing it for me lately outside of his Hulk run, but Whiz Kid being a mole is interesting conceptually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Having so many moles on the island is really disturbing.I mean I get the realism but at this rate the number of traitors is mind-blowing..Sinister (obviously)Whiz Kid, Colossus+Lost(inadvertently), Abigail(probably), Warlock(possibly) ,Bei( perhaps) ..Black Tom(ominously)..and don't forget we ain't sure about Moira or even Mistique if she tries to end Moira out of vengeance. Like damn Krakoa needs to fire all security personnel
    The way the writers have presented Krakoa in general is not particular good or makes it believable that the whole thing would be able to function at all, with the issues of the governmental and admistrative organizations and their functions being simply left empty or frequently shown to be handled badly by people thrown in charge not even based on a democratic or meritocratic system but simply nepotism and being randomly chosen characters for super hero actions rather than the roles they should fill in their nation/society.

Even though no fictional nation/government should ever be shown as unable to fail or be able to handle everything perfectly, even in an utopic story, in order to preserve stakes, drama and strife (see Star Trek), Krakoa has been shown as quite a shi.... mess from day one, with things only still standing thanks to characters being able to metaphorical punch issues away or writers simply insisting it all just works, with no hint of functional parts necessary (and many writers actively show that the whole thing is standing on rotten ground).

This status quo, once claimed to be an example in fictional nation building, is simply the standard super hero saving people through action/violence formular but now with the heros running a nation themself, which in itself is not bad, but now all the issues with the nation, government and society are actively to blame on them rather than generic unseen people in charge, tarnishing their credibility in the long run.

In the current status quo, a badly run governmental agency making the heros job more difficult is not to blame on a never seen person in charge or their generic inept officials or agents anymore, like when the X-men did their thing in the USA or in foreign countries. Now it's THEM who screw up, now it's the heros who screw everything up. Now it's their people in charge who make horrible or amoral decessions the other heros have to handle.

A mutant nation should have never be run by the super heros who's traditional main role is to handle messes that the "others" in charge created.

Krakoa doesn't need to fire all secruity personal. It needs to fire ALL named characters, so they can wash their hands in innocence when the "government" screwed up again.