Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah, her data page on Cable is full of things that cause me to speculate as to how the showdown between the two of them, plus now Gyrich and Orchis in the middle, might ultimately go down. My gut tells me that Cable and Brand might ultimately find common ground, as I can see him respecting her chess moves here, and so they team up to defeat Gyrich/Orchis. Having said that, there was some foreshadowing in there as to how Brand might take Cable down that probably comes into play… the question is, with Nathan continuing to study his T-O virus (having mastered it) and Duggan spelling that out very clearly as the reason for why he insisted on being resurrected with it as opposed to without it… is that also foreshadowing as to how he will ultimately thwart the plan that Brand has to use it against him which was foreshadowed in this issue? In other words, double foreshadowing! Hmm…

Regardless, this book is really fun. Love the new Lethal Legion as a threat and cannot wait to see Cable and Storm fighting them in the next two issues!
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-27-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Also...Eden also found out that Gyrich was working for Orchis and spying on SWORD, so it stands to reason he would have told Brand at some point.

Taki being the mole and possible double agent was an unexpected surprise.

I've always hated Gyrich and Ewing writes him to skeevy/slimy/abhorrent perfection.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-27-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

True. Forgot about that.

Holy hell the diplomatic visit was a mess and I was pulled right in for the ride. They got whooped bad. Poor Forearm.

I'm thinking Taki is a double agent too since Brand was in earshot.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I think they're OCs. We have Half-Bot, a droid that's possessing the corpse of a horse-man (Kymellian?); Mr. Eloquent, a shirtless guy with an energy chainsaw for an arm; The Electric Head, a giant brain in a suit; Orbis Extremis, a naked lady in a ball; and Death Grip, who can kill with a touch.
    Based on the classic Legion of Superheroes villains, the Fatal Five (as the Guard is based on the Legion).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Five

I liked how they showed that aliens are flocking to Arakko to "break bread with the mutant revolutionaries."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Agreed. It reminded me that Forearm and Frenzy were both members of mutant terrorist groups at one point, and Cable himself was declared a terrorist by SHIELD and Department K up in Canada who both hunted him at one point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I think they're OCs. We have Half-Bot, a droid that's possessing the corpse of a horse-man (Kymellian?); Mr. Eloquent, a shirtless guy with an energy chainsaw for an arm; The Electric Head, a giant brain in a suit; Orbis Extremis, a naked lady in a ball; and Death Grip, who can kill with a touch.
    Since the Imperial Guard are based on DC’s Legion of Superheroes. The Lethal Legion are based on the Fatal Five.

Incredible Member

Possible X-Men vs Alpha Flight in the future. Also, if the Shi'ar find out Earth was involved with an assassination attempt of their Majestrix, there's big trouble in the horizon.

I always assumed Brand was the mole, because she was always so openly "Stop thinking like and Earther" and that flies in the face of all of Krakoa.

I feel like this book is in a weird place right now as it transitions to whatever happens post-Inferno, but Ewing has the recipe for some really great stuff here! I’m always entertained by what he puts out.

I love that Ewing writes Orchis and Arakko much more interestingly than Hickman ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Based on the classic Legion of Superheroes villains, the Fatal Five (as the Guard is based on the Legion).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Five
    I thought it was cute how he made the Fatal Five kill them...but damn, Fang (Timber Wolf) has gotta be the most killed IG since their creations.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

In addition to Logan, does Mac have any feelings towards his other former teammates who live on Krakoa?
    My flag is bacon.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I thought it was cute how he made the Fatal Five kill them...but damn, Fang (Timber Wolf) has gotta be the most killed IG since their creations.
    and the members killed can't be resurrected either right? they're not mutants.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!