14 10.77%
  • Another Partner

17 13.08%
  • Single

30 23.08%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They were dating at one point when Scott thought Jean was dead, but in the aftermath of that arc it was stated to be platonically casual (as Scott explained to the telepathic Jean - if he was lying to her at that point I think she would have noticed) with Colleen wanting it to progress further. Later writers have put their own spins on it, and I'm not sure how far they progressed in the current canon.

For point two - having sex with someone while pretending to be someone else is....well, it's something that can lead to criminal charges depending on where you live....so....yeah. And since Phoenix canon gets changed every single time that Flaming Cosmic Turkey makes a new appearance, Jean is well rid of that thing. Let's just let her be a top tier powerhouse on her own merits.

I used to post about Scott/Colleen years ago. People turning what was actually shown in the comics into what they want to read into it. Mind you, I'm talking as of the early 2000s. If they have somehow retconned something in since then I could be wrong. But from the time the original stories were published, plus added material in CLASSIC X MEN reprint's, I'm not wrong.

What exactly did we ever see happen between them? "Dating", I think we saw them out walking together a couple times. Did he ever kiss her? Almost kiss her? Make no mistake, she is interested in him romantically. That is in her thought balloons when they first meet in Japan. But what about Scott?

There is an issue where she is leaving catching a train, IIRC. After she is gone Scott realizes she has slipped him her apartment key. There is a piece of paper attached to it with an address. That's how hot things were between Scott and Colleen. He didn't even know her address. We certainly never saw Scott use or mention the key after that.

When Jean/Phoenix and he are reunited, I still remember the quote. Colleen is a friend, nothing more, nothing less. I saw nothing in the books that contradicted that. There is no followup with a conversation with Colleen. It isn't necessary because nothing ever happened between them. Contrast this with Lee. They essentially broke up early in the issue that introduced Maddie on the last page.. Enough had happened between them that it needed some resolution to clear the deck for Maddie.

Now, I do not dispute that something could have been brewing, there being plans for a potential romance between Scott and Colleen. It wouldn't have been a shock, if the story continued, if a romance had developed. It's not like we ever saw her make a play and Scott outright reject her.
    However, nothing ever happened or came close to happening. Not on panel In the 90s, at one point, I thought something was brewing with Cable and Storm, but it never went anywhere. If I were to list each's romantic partners, I wouldn't place either on the other's list. That's how I felt about Scott and Colleen. I wouldn't categorize it as a romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m good with the poly thing too, especially since Logan is so promiscuous. Wouldn’t make sense for them to settle down together, but I do like them together. So them being in a relationship but not exclusive works honestly. At least IMO.

The real question is would they ever do a threesome together? Don’t see it with Scott, but perhaps someone else… Storm? Domino? Dazzler? Logan’s been with them all, but not sure if Jean is bi-curious like that at all. Hmm…
    You are terrible. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    I used to post about Scott/Colleen years ago. People turning what was actually shown in the comics into what they want to read into it. Mind you, I'm talking as of the early 2000s. If they have somehow retconned something in since then I could be wrong. But from the time the original stories were published, plus added material in CLASSIC X MEN reprint's, I'm not wrong.

What exactly did we ever see happen between them? "Dating", I think we saw them out walking together a couple times. Did he ever kiss her? Almost kiss her? Make no mistake, she is interested in him romantically. That is in her thought balloons when they first meet in Japan. But what about Scott?

There is an issue where she is leaving catching a train, IIRC. After she is gone Scott realizes she has slipped him her apartment key. There is a piece of paper attached to it with an address. That's how hot things were between Scott and Colleen. He didn't even know her address. We certainly never saw Scott use or mention the key after that.

When Jean/Phoenix and he are reunited, I still remember the quote. Colleen is a friend, nothing more, nothing less. I saw nothing in the books that contradicted that. There is no followup with a conversation with Colleen. It isn't necessary because nothing ever happened between them. Contrast this with Lee. They essentially broke up early in the issue that introduced Maddie on the last page.. Enough had happened between them that it needed some resolution to clear the deck for Maddie.

Now, I do not dispute that something could have been brewing, there being plans for a potential romance between Scott and Colleen. It wouldn't have been a shock, if the story continued, if a romance had developed. It's not like we ever saw her make a play and Scott outright reject her.
    However, nothing ever happened or came close to happening. Not on panel In the 90s, at one point, I thought something was brewing with Cable and Storm, but it never went anywhere. If I were to list each's romantic partners, I wouldn't place either on the other's list. That's how I felt about Scott and Colleen. I wouldn't categorize it as a romance.
    Back when they were busy insisting Scott was mutant Hitler, there is a conversation with Colleen Wing and several other heroes and one asks who has dated a supervillain - Colleen raises her hand and mentions Scott by name.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Back when they were busy insisting Scott was mutant Hitler, there is a conversation with Colleen Wing and several other heroes and one asks who has dated a supervillain - Colleen raises her hand and mentions Scott by name.
    Damn that's gotta hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Damn that's gotta hurt
    Yeah, the era that made me say Make Mine Manga.

The original story, nothing much happens outside of what might be considered a first date or two, and that Colleen wants things to go much further - she does slip him the key to her apartment, after all.

But when Scott says nothing happened to an incredibly powerful telepath who is showing signs of jealousy, I'm pretty sure she would have noticed if he was lying. Either that or every single time someone easily gets in his mind is writer hatewankery.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Yeah, the era that made me say Make Mine Manga.

The original story, nothing much happens outside of what might be considered a first date or two, and that Colleen wants things to go much further - she does slip him the key to her apartment, after all.

But when Scott says nothing happened to an incredibly powerful telepath who is showing signs of jealousy, I'm pretty sure she would have noticed if he was lying. Either that or every single time someone easily gets in his mind is writer hatewankery.
    i don't even remember any jealousy. She asked about Colleen because she picked up some stray thoughts of her from the other X Men. Been a long time, maybe my memories off, but I don't recall any sort of anger. Just curious to know about her. Then Scott said his line about being a friend.

There is no reason to believe Scott is lying based on what we saw on panel. There is no romance, not on his end. No sex, no kiss, no almost kiss. Again, something could have been brewing. They definitely spent some panel time together, just te two of them. It's something that could believably have grown into a romance. I'm not claiming that Scott rejected romantic advances by her. We never saw him discuss the key with her when he saw her again. Bottom line, though, nothing happened. Nothing almost happened.

Also, there is the whole subplot with Scott not really mourning Jean. He ponders it at one point who he feels nothing. He's not mourning her in a healthy way. He also discussed that with her when they finally discover that each is alive.