14 10.77%
  • Another Partner

17 13.08%
  • Single

30 23.08%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Jean's first death in the Dark Phoenix Saga was likely undone on a legal sense, since the Fantastic Four could effectively prove that she was technically kidnapped and presumed dead, but had never truly 'died'. I don't think you can register a marriage to a dead person, and I'm pretty sure that marriage was legal.

Scott might never have been legally dead - the assets may have just transferred to his younger self until he went back to the past, and it wasn't very long after that before the adult was brought back.

It's Jean's death under Morrison that is sticky legally.
    Scott and Jean were married after DPS so you should be using Planet X as an example.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even with reporting a death legally it might still be a legal gray area (no pun intended). People don't really return from verifiable death - once they were both back it's very possible that once they both asserted they were still married then legally they were.
    Unless they didn't report her death, but Scott divorced her in absentia? I don't really see him doing that.

Anyway, would they even care about their legal status being citizens of Krakoa and all that?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Scott and Jean were married after DPS so you should be using Planet X as an example.
    I think Gray meant that Jean's DPS death must have been reverted because she was able to legally marry Scott in the 90s. He couldn't have married a legally-dead person.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Because Shiro is kinda closed off, and he’s been shown to be opening up to Jean.
    I know it’s not canon to 616, but I love that in Piskor’s X-Men Grand Design Second Genesis that he only joined to meet Jean.
    Attachment 115073
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Heh, I found that cute as hell. You may have convinced me to a new ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Good reasoning. Also, that panel is too fucking adorable.
    Late to the party but I am going down with this ship

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    are there any inter-racial couples in comicbooks? Just wondering.
    Jessica Jones and Luke cage is the main one I think, we have cloak and dagger, Danny and Misty, Wally and Linda are the others ones that come to mind.Storm and Logan, Talia and Bruce, GL and Shaeyra Wanda and Vodoo, Psylocke and Neal, etc.

No one remembers Northstar and Kyle and Red Arrow/Cheshire.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No one remembers Northstar and Kyle and Red Arrow/Cheshire.
    I didn't at first indeed. But Exodus did:

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    ah ok, right. thx. I read somewhere that there are barely any in the comicbook genre. Couldn't come up with a couple myself.

...also Northstar & Kyle of course and Cloak & Dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I don't care who she's with tbh. I'd say single because maybe then she might develop an actual character outside of "the love interest" for the two male leads.
    She's had two critically and financially successful limited series dedicated to her (Jean Grey and X-Men: Red), and she was single in both. Her complexity, which is irrefutable, doesn't depend on insidious and nefarious machinations or the degradation of other characters.

Actually, anyone but Scott tbh, he's a far more interesting and dynamic character without her holding him back.
    This is a scream.

I love Scott in my own way, but tell me, has he ever been able to carry a series on his own?

Teen Scott had a solo before Teen Jean got hers.

It's funny cuz Alex got Mutant X for himself and that loasted like 60 issues or something.
    "Cable was right!"

Yet another iteration on this topic wouldn't be so bad if, for starters, we could say that Jean could (or should) spend some time single (or with someone else) without dragging Scott. And this point is mutual, I don't think either character is automatically made better when removed from the other — and more than that, if their history together was wiped away the characters would actively suffer for it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I like Jean and Scott are together again, I just need to see them to tackle their issues openly without making it seem everything is perfect all the time because it sure has not been that way for them.

But I also would not mind to see them going solo for a time as long as itīs understood why they cant be together anymore, they donīt need each other to raise them up but they are not each other obstacle either. I would like to see what Jean would bring to teams with people she doensīt traditionally knows and Scott as well, itīs always refreshing to see them interact with other characters in a meaningful way.

But well, on the topic, If I have to choose, I liked Bishop and her together on Age of Xman. I donīt think it would last but it would be something different for them both.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-28-2021 at 10:11 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

I'm surprised to see Logan with so little votes. I thought that ship was more popular.

I don't care who she's with tbh. I'd say single because maybe then she might develop an actual character outside of "the love interest" for the two male leads.

Actually, anyone but Scott tbh, he's a far more interesting and dynamic character without her holding him back.
    To be honest, you care alot. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She's had two critically and financially successful limited series dedicated to her (Jean Grey and X-Men: Red), and she was single in both. Her complexity, which is irrefutable, doesn't depend on insidious and nefarious machinations or the degradation of other characters.

This is a scream.

I love Scott in my own way, but tell me, has he ever been able to carry a series on his own?
    To be fair, were they financially successful, really?

At any rate, I want a new Jean-centered book ASAP.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-28-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair, were they financially successful, really?

At any rate, I want a new Jean-centered book ASAP.
    I remember Tom Taylor said in an interview that X-Men: Red was one of Marvel's top-selling X-titles. However, I decided to do some quick research. Here are some numbers:

It seems Jean Grey debuted at 71,589, Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey at 145,057, Generations: Phoenix & Jean Grey at 59,452, and X-Men: Red at 97,081.

From what I can gather, none of the series, save for annuals and graphic novel formats, dipped under 30,000 units. They were financially successful.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017.html

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2018.html

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They can leave Bishop and Jean in the past cause that entire storyline was, “black man gets thrown in prison for sleeping with a white woman, while nothing happens to her.”
    That part, it’s the reason any idea of them paired together is so tainted. Besides in Marauders we saw some tension/flirting between Bishop and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post
    Late to the party but I am going down with this ship
    YASSSSSSSS!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Heh, I found that cute as hell. You may have convinced me to a new ship.
    Sunfire likes White girls who have red or reddish hair , in the Spider-Man & Friends cartoon , he dated Firestar , and he was attracted to Dragoness , in her classic costume , in the original New Mutants run