• Another Partner

17 13.08%
  • Single

30 23.08%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yes. 53.33% people voted "not Scott".

Four against one and they can't even get 2/3 majority lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Huh? Bishop is an adult the same as the other characters. Weird.
    I think they mean he's from the future or smth. I disagree w/ them btw but I think that's what they mean

Incredible Member

Huh? Bishop is an adult the same as the other characters. Weird.
    Bishop is from the future. He's a descendant. It's like Jean having sex with one of the children of the X-Men.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    Scott 100 million percent. He's her soul mate and they are the x-men's most famous couple. Bad writing has damaged their relationship, but they do belong together. Logan would never work, despite what some readers think. He's too much of a loner and he sleeps around too much. Bishop was never a serious thing either.
    Yes. They belong together.

Marvel can't let couples with a less significant history stay apart. Does anyone really believe they'll allow Scott and Jean go their separate ways?

Many people talk about how horrible it is for them to be together, but they don't seem to consider the damage they might be inflicted by on-again-off-again dynamics, that would certainly be forced on them as long as they're both alive. Characters who are caught in this mess always end up looking childish at best. And that's when the writer doesn't decide to actually make one of them really screw up to justify the break-up. Since the 60s, they've been written as people who know what they want and try to do the right thing and be good persons.

For me that silly dynamics played for cheap drama is fate worse than death for either of them.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 11-14-2021 at 12:42 AM.

No character’s development depends exclusively on another’s. While I’m enjoying how they are currently being written as a couple, I believe Jean and Scott are strong enough characters on their own to exist and thrive independently of each other. This has been proven time and again. Besides, they weren’t a couple until years into their debuts.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think they mean he's from the future or smth. I disagree w/ them btw but I think that's what they mean
    That's exactly it. That is Bishop's origin. He's a descendant of the X-Men. Jean having sex with him would be like her having sex with one of her children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    Bishop is from the future. He's a descendant. It's like Jean having sex with one of the children of the X-Men.
    They are not related as far as what I have seen in the comics. I think he might be canonically related to Gateway. I'm not 100% on that though and I could be making that up. Not sure where I heard that. Anyway, he and Jean would be pretty in-the-clear from what we have seen so far.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 11-14-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    No character’s development depends exclusively on another’s. While I’m enjoying how they are currently being written as a couple, I believe Jean and Scott are strong enough characters on their own to exist and thrive independently of each other. This has been proven time and again. Besides, they weren’t a couple until years into their debuts.
    I believe they can thrive independently too, Mercury. I've said many times that if they are to be split, I wish the writers would burn those romantic bridges down forever. I'm fine with their being best friends only.

What I don't believe is that writers would actually do that. Someone would want to put them together again, only for the next writer to split them apart. And that would be terrible.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 11-14-2021 at 01:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    That's exactly it. That is Bishop's origin. He's a descendant of the X-Men. Jean having sex with him would be like her having sex with one of her children.
    They are not related as far as what I have seen in the comics. I think he might be canonically related to Gateway. I'm not 100% on that though and I could be making that up. Not sure where I heard that. Anyway, he and Jean would be pretty in-the-clear from what we have seen so far.
    Now that I think of it it is kinda weird.Same w/ Kurt and Rachel but atleast she's an alt. universe kid.

Also didn't they tease the Storm is Bishops Grandma or smth?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Now that I think of it it is kinda weird.Same w/ Kurt and Rachel but atleast she's an alt. universe kid.

Also didn't they tease the Storm is Bishops Grandma or smth?
    Like I said: Skeevy.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

How many lovers has Scott had? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Like four.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I remember Jean, Lee, Maddy and Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I remember Jean, Lee, Maddy and Emma
    Colleen Wing is counted based on what writer is doing the math. And Frenzy can be added although both were under memory rewrites at the time, so there is a major asterisk by that one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Colleen Wing is counted based on what writer is doing the math. And Frenzy can be added although both were under memory rewrites at the time, so there is a major asterisk by that one.
    I seem to recall Scott and Colleen "dating" at one point, although, I honestly don't recall if it was platonically casual, the occasional hook-up, or a more serious romantic deal.

Edit: How is everyone leaving the Phoenix Entity off of this list? I mean if the retcon holds that the Dark Phoenix wasn't actually Jean, then ....?

I seem to recall Scott and Colleen "dating" at one point, although, I honestly don't recall if it was platonically casual, the occasional hook-up, or a more serious romantic deal.

Edit: How is everyone leaving the Phoenix Entity off of this list? I mean if the retcon holds that the Dark Phoenix wasn't actually Jean, then ....?
    They were dating at one point when Scott thought Jean was dead, but in the aftermath of that arc it was stated to be platonically casual (as Scott explained to the telepathic Jean - if he was lying to her at that point I think she would have noticed) with Colleen wanting it to progress further. Later writers have put their own spins on it, and I'm not sure how far they progressed in the current canon.

For point two - having sex with someone while pretending to be someone else is....well, it's something that can lead to criminal charges depending on where you live....so....yeah. And since Phoenix canon gets changed every single time that Flaming Cosmic Turkey makes a new appearance, Jean is well rid of that thing. Let's just let her be a top tier powerhouse on her own merits.
    Dark does not mean deep.