Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Feats for show Moiraine and Lan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZXpGXdnUvE

Not sure if this was the case in the books, but live-action Moiraine seems to have quite a bit of start-up lag on her channeling, and actually needs specific motions with her hands in order to get going.

If this was limited to live action versions of Moiraine and Lan, as well as Yennefer and Geralt, how would things play out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Feats for show Moiraine and Lan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZXpGXdnUvE

Not sure if this was the case in the books, but live-action Moiraine seems to have quite a bit of start-up lag on her channeling, and actually needs specific motions with her hands in order to get going.

If this was limited to live action versions of Moiraine and Lan, as well as Yennefer and Geralt, how would things play out?
    Not sure how the show will go, but in the books, the hand waving for channeling is a mental thing and not actually necessary to channel. But the Aes Sedai ended up with a long tradition of waving their hands (and you can tell which Aes Sedai learned from their elder peers), meanwhile, spoilers:
    other channeling groups learned how to channel without needing to use their hands.
    end of spoilers

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not sure how the show will go, but in the books, the hand waving for channeling is a mental thing and not actually necessary to channel. But the Aes Sedai ended up with a long tradition of waving their hands (and you can tell which Aes Sedai learned from their elder peers), meanwhile, spoilers:
    other channeling groups learned how to channel without needing to use their hands.
    end of spoilers
    To extend on that further, many channelers who make a throwing motion to launch a fireball make no motion at all to wrap someone in air, shield, whatever. It's really the habit thing. Rand makes no gestures when he's doing things that destroy hundreds of thousands of enemies - he didn't learn that way, so he doesn't need the silliness.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan