Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Flash Villain popularity

which flash villain do you like?

Incredible Member

Thawne, but the Arrowverse's version.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

My opinions change daily.

I chose Trickster as I really loved what Waid did with him (Underworld Unleashed in particular).

Really, they're all BRILLIANT - but I would really like it if we didn't see Eobard for good year or so.
    He's been FLOGGED since Flash:Rebirth.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    My opinions change daily.

I chose Trickster as I really loved what Waid did with him (Underworld Unleashed in particular).

Really, they're all BRILLIANT - but I would really like it if we didn't see Eobard for good year or so.
    He's been FLOGGED since Flash:Rebirth.
    Too bad he will come back a year anyway besides I. The comics he didn’t appear that much compared to cold,grodd and heatwave
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-28-2021 at 03:41 AM.

I know he's the underdog here, but I voted for Inertia. I like that he has family ties to the Allens, and he's an interesting underused character. Flash has a great rogue's gallery so I expect he'll get stomped in the poll, so at least one person voted for him.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I like all of them, but Hunter Zolomon/Zoom is an absolute favourite.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm a huge fan of the Flash's villains, Captain Cold, Eobard Thawne, and Inertia take top honors.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Kadabra is #1. Followed by Zoom (Hunter) and Captain Cold written by Johns.

Kadabra had such a great feud with Wally West. I think he was 100% his worst enemy through vol 2. Zoom is close but I love the comic booky feel to Abra Kadabra.

Thawne is up there too but man is he WAY WAY overused since Rebirth. I like the idea that Reverse Flashes should only be used once in a while and for a BIG event in the life of the Flash. I used to get chills seeing Thawne. He scared me but now its just like meh.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

I chose Kadabra. Unhinged, unpredictable and rarely attacks Flash the same way. You also never know if he is gone for good or just down for the count. Or whether the scope of his plans include attacking the whole city or more focused on Flash himself.

Runner up would be Mirror Master.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Too bad he will come back a year anyway besides I. The comics he didn’t appear that much compared to cold,grodd and heatwave
    Mate you're kidding yourself. In the comics since Rebirth he's been front & centre at least half a dozen times!!
    No other Rogue has been thrown at us more than Professor Zoom in the last decade.

I was going to pick Captain Cold, but...

my childhood favourite is Weather Wizard, even if I'm not fond of his latest incarnation (costume)

Its between Thawne and Snart for me. Both are interesting comparisons with each other, with Thawne being the pettiest, most personal nemesis with Snart being more of a frienemy (to both Barry and Wally.) What tips me off is everything i enjoy about RF, I feel like Black Manta has a slight edge (as far as being as being a petty hateful dick for the sake of being a petty hateful dick.) While no one does the bank robber with a code like Captain Cold. I also really like what Legends of Tomorrow did with Heatwave.

Captain Cold is one of my favorite DC characters, period -- not just favorite villains. I love the code of honor he and the Rogues share: treating crime like a profession, getting kicks screwing with speedsters, but minimizing collateral damage, not hurting innocent people (most of the time), and not trying to kill superheroes. I'm so sick of villains who either want to rule the world, destroy it, or just kill everyone in it, so Cold and the Rogues are a breath of fresh air.

I'd love to see the core Rogues make lasting "face turns" and see how they like operating as a superhero team. They could even get paid, and they would probably appreciate becoming beloved celebrities known for good deeds, earning steady paychecks, and not getting beaten up and thrown in prison all the time.

Mirror Master is a runner-up for me, because he has one of the most unique power sets in comics. Guy can teleport himself or others between any mirrors or reflective surfaces, create hard-light hologram duplicates of himself, and he has a mirror gun that literally shoots mirrors that can also trap people in "mirror dimensions" within them. It's amazing anyone can ever beat him.

But between Mirror Master's teleportation, Weather Wizard's weather-controlling powers, and Cold's cold gun (which produces ice, which eventually melts), they could do so much to solve droughts and famines around the world, coordinate rescue efforts during disasters, fight fires, possibly even fight climate change.

This is one DC story I would love to write -- the Rogues reforming and doing more lasting, large-scale good around the world than even the Justice League -- and since I'll probably never write it, I would love to read it.
    Last edited by Big Bad Voodoo Lou; 11-04-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    Captain Cold is one of my favorite DC characters, period -- not just favorite villains. I love the code of honor he and the Rogues share: treating crime like a profession, getting kicks screwing with speedsters, but minimizing collateral damage, not hurting innocent people (most of the time), and not trying to kill superheroes. I'm so sick of villains who either want to rule the world, destroy it, or just kill everyone in it, so Cold and the Rogues are a breath of fresh air.

I'd love to see the core Rogues make lasting "face turns" and see how they like operating as a superhero team. They could even get paid, and they would probably appreciate becoming beloved celebrities known for good deeds, earning steady paychecks, and not getting beaten up and thrown in prison all the time.

Mirror Master is a runner-up for me, because he has one of the most unique power sets in comics. Guy can teleport himself or others between any mirrors or reflective surfaces, create hard-light hologram duplicates of himself, and he has a mirror gun that literally shoots mirrors that can also trap people in "mirror dimensions" within them. It's amazing anyone can ever beat him.

But between Mirror Master's teleportation, Weather Wizard's weather-controlling powers, and Cold's cold gun (which produces ice, which eventually melts), they could do so much to solve droughts and famines around the world, coordinate rescue efforts during disasters, fight fires, possibly even fight climate change.

This is one DC story I would love to write -- the Rogues reforming and doing more lasting, large-scale good around the world than even the Justice League -- and since I'll probably never write it, I would love to read it.
    I think the Len Snart bit is VERY much Geoff Johns' doing. While it was hinted at and shown on occasion in the past, Johns REALLY dived in and made Captain Cold the loveable bastard with his own moral code that he is today!
    His Rogue spotlight issue is still one of the top issues during his tenure on the title.