Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It’s a bummer, but what can you do? Guess we just wait. Hopefully they at least give us some cool $#!t to look at in terms of new announcements/covers/preview art while we wait.

Hopefully things get resolved sooner than later so these delays don't become longer. Such is life.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    This is really bad news. There's nothing to read in Dec and Jan for New Mutants.
    There's not much to read at all unless you want to read Wolverine.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    There's nothing to read in Dec and Jan for New Mutants.
    Yeah this honestly sucks more than Inferno for me. We were ABOUT to finish this damn Shadow King plot line. At the end of the day we’ll all live, but not ideal.

I don't get the idea of delaying the books if there isn't a change happening with the book itself. Like even if there is a paper shortage it doesn't make sense if you can to not release digitally. i mean i guess i get the idea of something being spoiled or what not but at the end of the day those who buy hard copy are still going to get it when it comes out. I don't get delaying all your revenue essentially because one form of supply is having an issue when there is a easier remedy.

edit: I would use a movie as an example thinking about it further. Like we don't expect everyone to go to the movie theatre on release date and act like that is the only day everyone will go to see the movie. Yes we love the idea of an "instant hit" but at the same time movies are tracked for weeks to months and have even started to stream at the same time in some cases without the worry of spoilers so i don't get the hesitancy with comics.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-28-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. This neverending arc will be 16 months long assuming there are no more delays of the issue between now and February. I really, really wish they could have at least gotten issue 24 out in December even if they had to delay issue 25 by 3 months. Then at least the break would make more sense and this gosh-darn arc would finally be over. If I was making business decision I might even do it that way. Issue 24 is screwed either way it seems. Sales will be hurt by the delay, maybe not as much as by the supply shortage if it came out on time, but still hurt. But a delay between arcs can provide an opportunity to give issue 25 a bigger push, since that is the issue they want to be a new beginning and jumping on point to boost sales. Having the delay before issue 24 is the worst of all worlds.

Delays suck for us but it will be much worse for the people who rely on the work for their salary.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not really...the work is still on going...writers are writing, artists are illustrating, the printers are still printing...it's only a very small handful of books out of the hundreds being published (from all companies) that are being delayed.

It's no that the entire industry is coming to a halt for New Mutants and Hulk and Inferno.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think they may have changed the order of the comics because JDW said most of the current X-stories being told on X-force, Wolverine, Marauders, Sword, happens before Inferno, so itīs a way to avoid spoilers, at least I think itīs a possibility.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

I'd be curious to know the decision making process behind what ships as scheduled, and what slips.
    Seems to me, you'd want a high-profile, high-sales book to hit on time. Whereas, that same week they have things like Darkhold: Black Bolt, The Marvels, Black Cat, and Captain America/Iron Man coming out.
    My thought would be something like, "We have limited resources. We're going to do better using the available supply on Inferno versus (insert any of the above)". But, maybe that's just me, and I am missing some finer detail points.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    i am the source check my resume fam
    Where is your resume?

EDIT: Sarcasm, in case that wasn't clear.
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-28-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    He's legit.
    what up!! hows krakoa discord? im still in the pit like sabretooth lol

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Although I enjoyed the Quiet Council drama & voting shenanigans,I felt there were too many inconsistencies & idiot moves in this last issue.Giving it a breather may help take the bitterness from my memory of Hickman's rushed finale.I thought it was going to go out a bang but appears it may be a whimper, we'll see with the final issues.Usually I'd be pissed about delays but I'm going to view this as a silver lining as it'll give me time to catch up on some excellent independent books
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    No, everything has been getting delays due to whe worldwide paper shortage.
    Can't run out of paper if your comics only sell 20,000...

Roll_Safe.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    what up!! hows krakoa discord? im still in the pit like sabretooth lol
    Lmao, wait were you banned?

It's chill. I haven't been as active as I should but at some point work will chill out and I can be more present over there.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-29-2021 at 12:38 AM.