Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    If Bruce was gay in some alternative version, I wouldn't mind seeing him hook up with Constantine.
    I genuinely don't believe Bruce would go near Constantine with a 10 foot barge pole, unless it somehow helped the mission. I love Constantine, I truly do, but he's also a bit of a ****.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You're deluding yourself if you don't think common folk's minds will immediately jump at the negative implications of making Bruce gay in regards to his relationship with Robin.
    If they do, it's because they equate being gay/bi with pedophilia like Seduction of the Innocent did, in which case they are idiots anyway.

Also, this doesn't have much to do with what you quoted. You went from saying that Bruce being a serial adopter to multiple boys and being psychotic and abusive towards them is a defining characteristic, then switched gears to the general public only knowing of one Robin. In which case it cannot be a defining characteristic, because they don't know about the multiple Robins or the dumb storylines in the comics they will never read. So yeah the common folks would have a reaction and opinions (some of them negative), just not for the reasons you initially described.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You're deluding yourself if you don't think common folk's minds will immediately jump at the negative implications of making Bruce gay in regards to his relationship with Robin.
    That has been the running comedic narrative for the last couple of decades, though alas, I grew up in a less politically correct time.

They would never make Bruce Wayne gay, it's too risky profit wise. It could produce a potential backlash as a result of the change in sexual orientation being perceived as deliberately political.

Thus the backlash wouldn't be because people are upset that he is gay,
    (I don't think people care too much about sexual orientation in the modern age) it would because....

fans would be upset that continuity has been destroyed to have woke politics imposed on them. They would see it as soley as a deliberate political act entering into their escapism, and that would PO them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    That has been the running comedic narrative for the last couple of decades, though alas, I grew up in a less politically correct time.

They would never make Bruce Wayne gay, it's too risky profit wise. It could produce a potential backlash as a result of the change in sexual orientation being perceived as deliberately political.

Thus the backlash wouldn't be because people are upset that he is gay,
    (I don't think people care too much about sexual orientation in the modern age) it would because....

fans would be upset that continuity has been destroyed to have woke politics imposed on them. They would see it as soley as a deliberate political act entering into their escapism, and that would PO them off.
    While this isn't happening, imagine it as an Elseworlds that won't impact the main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    While this isn't happening, imagine it as an Elseworlds that won't impact the main continuity.
    Good idea, fine by me.

To be honest I'm not a big enough Bruce Wayne mark that it would bother me in the real DCU, but the majority of Batman fans would probably be very upset with the continuity change for something they would see as solely a political move.