Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Absolutely no one said Joker huh?
    Well, one things' getting turned up to 11:00....

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Gross. No.

I was actively avoiding the topic of the Joker :P
    I could see him being more overt in play acting he's in love with Batman and/or trying to seduce him, with no one quite sure if he was serious or not. But Bruce being completely uninterested.

Yeah, no. I don't even entertain that thought in crack fanfics, never mind actual DC published series.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Would also drive the final nail in 'Seduction of the Innoccent' since part of the reason the CCA was created was because Werthman claimed that Batman and Robin were gay.
    Just don't say "Fredric Wertham" five times or he'll come back to haunt us . . . . . . continually saying "I told you so!" in a whiny voice with a German accent!

BANNED

Wouldn't be surprised. I just assume they are all gay now.

Then Batman who laughs is GAY or BI

Something that would not surprise me watching his group of "Robins"(Pedophile one)
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-30-2021 at 01:05 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I was actively avoiding the topic of the Joker :P
    I could see him being more overt in play acting he's in love with Batman and/or trying to seduce him, with no one quite sure if he was serious or not. But Bruce being completely uninterested.
    Joker should be asexual and aromantic

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Would also drive the final nail in 'Seduction of the Innoccent' since part of the reason the CCA was created was because Werthman claimed that Batman and Robin were gay.
    Yet another reason to pull for canonically bi Dick even tho I'd be fine if he doesn't actually date any dudes on panel coz him being ping ponged between Kori and Babs is more than enough

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    Schrodinger Sexuality. Everyone has a flag unless confirmed otherwise

He would still probably pretending to be a straight rich bachelor to keep appearances.

Who he "goes with" I don't know, maybe Green Lantern if is in Justice League or Black Lightning if hes with the Outsiders.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So are we just going to ignore the elephant in the room of all the negative implications that it would create a billionaire, lonely gay man with serious psychological issues raising multiple orphaned/from poor backgrounds young boys with no one to keep an eye on them and then said boys showing psychological issues on their own?

If anything, this idea would only end up giving Wertham the reason, not disproving his claims.

Only if the writers portray him that way. Batman wasn't a paranoid, psychologically damaged, borderline abusive if not outright abusive adoptive father until Frank Miller wrote him in TDK Returns.

If Bruce was gay in some alternative version, I wouldn't mind seeing him hook up with Constantine.
    Which reminds me that Brian Azzarello already wrote a kind of a parody of Bruce in his Hellblazer run and that character was gay. I was not a fan of that run, but this character was sort of hilarious in how over the top he was. If I remember correctly, it was implied that he was feeding orphans to bats, in order to get magical powers.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just don't say "Fredric Wertham" five times or he'll come back to haunt us . . . . . . continually saying "I told you so!" in a whiny voice with a German accent!
    If only he could see what's being published now. He would probably die thrice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    I just assume their sexuality is a blank slate or that they are bi unless said otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yet another reason to pull for canonically bi Dick even tho I'd be fine if he doesn't actually date any dudes on panel coz him being ping ponged between Kori and Babs is more than enough
    I would root for it if Dick wasn't so fetishized by fanbase. I feel this will just add fuel to that the fire instead of trying to present a serious bi sexual hero.

I'm okay with Tim and Jon being outed since it feels like they have been fetishized by the fanbase, they get less of it than God and it was an unexpected but welcome choice.