Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i know insomniac is doing wolverine but if it's based on a team id like a new x-men title. kind of getting bored with avengers, although an iron man solo would still be good

This feels like a Captain America game with a Black Panther aspect tacked on into it.

Because what's the point of playing a Black Panther that's not T'Challa? Unless it's to downplay how important T'Challa is.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Seems to continue the trend of Marvel abandoning T’Challa out of fear and respect for Chadwick I guess. Will agree that it feels more like a Captain America game at the moment, not that I am complaining. A team up game is perfect and honestly I would love to see Marvel continue mixing up characters in games (even if it’s just fellow Avengers) and the WW2 setting coupled with Wakanda is a nice idea.

My only question is whether it’s supposed to be multiplayer or single player? The description doesn’t seem to be making it clear, though I get the impression it might be similar to Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad where the option to play with four players is there but it’s entirely doable for a single player.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Seems to continue the trend of Marvel abandoning T’Challa out of fear and respect for Chadwick I guess. Will agree that it feels more like a Captain America game at the moment, not that I am complaining. A team up game is perfect and honestly I would love to see Marvel continue mixing up characters in games (even if it’s just fellow Avengers) and the WW2 setting coupled with Wakanda is a nice idea.

My only question is whether it’s supposed to be multiplayer or single player? The description doesn’t seem to be making it clear, though I get the impression it might be similar to Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad where the option to play with four players is there but it’s entirely doable for a single player.
    I'm not sure if people would care to play as a Dora or soldier versus playing Cap and Black Panther...well, maybe the Dora since they're the only girl, but I imagine if they're all playable the story will probably shift to different characters depending on the level.

Although I love the idea of a Captain America/Black Panther game, I feel that the inclusion of the soldier and Dora Milan’s characters have watered down my excitement… mostly because I don’t think anyone has any interest in playing as human characters when you have the option of meta humans. I would have preferred just CA and BP, or include a couple of the invaders!

However I love the setting of Paris in ww2, and Wakanda could be great.

My main worry is that I’ll play this game and wish that they each got their own solo game instead.

But overall, I’m very excited.

I don’t think not using T’Challa should be read into as some company wide edict - it’s clearly a game built around the ww2 concept. I doubt they had to change their entire setting and story due to Marvel not allowing them to use T’Challa

I'm just seeing this and not getting why it isn't Captain America, Bucky, Human Torch, Namor, maybe Logan, etc - except of course really I know it's because Movies. The idea that Wakanda could have stepped in and stopped the Second World War with its superior technology is a whole can of worms they probably shouldn't even touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'm just seeing this and not getting why it isn't Captain America, Bucky, Human Torch, Namor, maybe Logan, etc - except of course really I know it's because Movies. The idea that Wakanda could have stepped in and stopped the Second World War with its superior technology is a whole can of worms they probably shouldn't even touch.
    I definitely don’t mind the inclusion of BP and Wakanda (especially if they’ve created a story that manages to include Wakanda as a location organically), but yeah, I’m surprised the two other playable characters we’re getting are Gabe Jones and a member of the Dora Milaje. Would have been great to have Namor or Union Jack as extras

I do wonder conceptually if this will come off more as a Cap game than a BP game, or how it came about (I think they just liked seeing Cap and Black Panther running together in the movies?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder conceptually if this will come off more as a Cap game than a BP game, or how it came about (I think they just liked seeing Cap and Black Panther running together in the movies?).
    I think it’s based off of the comic “flags of our fathers”? If I’m not mistaken. I haven’t read it myself but I think Marc Bernardin mentioned it in the interview

Kind of fitting Khary Payton is playing BP here, as he's played another king with a big cat theme going:

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The unreal engine demo Amy gave was crazy, Metahuman makes some incredibly detailed faces that at a glance can look like live action. Excited but definitely want to see traditional gameplay.

This looks pretty interesting and cool for a Black Panther/Captain America team-up game.

Cap seems a little aggro and Azzuri's got swagger but they're obviously setting up conflict so they'll be buddies by the end of it.

It's almost unsettling how realistic those face models are.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder what other characters will pop up in this game. I doubt they would call it Marvel 1943 unless there are other characters to use than just Captain America and Black Panther. The invaders being in the game would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder what other characters will pop up in this game. I doubt they would call it Marvel 1943 unless there are other characters to use than just Captain America and Black Panther. The invaders being in the game would be nice.
    I would guess that there’s a reasonable chance for the other Howling Commandos and maybe Nick Fury Sr? Bucky also seems a possible addition.

Villain wise I assume Red Skull, Heinrich Zemo and Baron Strucker are likely. Can’t see the more blatantly Nazi villains of Marvel appearing. Since it’s WW2 Wakanda I assume unless they retrograde some of his villains it’s not likely we get Klaw or Man Ape or the like. I assume they’ll need to be careful not to step on the toes of whatever the solo Black Panther game is doing.

The line-up for this is kinda random. A missed opportunity for the Invaders game, though I guess they're going for a more grounded vibe? Still, they robbed us of Namor strutting around Paris naked.