Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yes back in June I think

Green Arrow does something similar in this issue that he does in another recent DC work. I'll put it in spoiler tags

spoilers:
    Green Arrow kills Superman's biological father in this issue. Then in Injustice, the animated feature just released on DVD and Digital recently, he kills his adoptive father PA KEnt with an arrow. I mean what did Superman do to Green Arrow?
    end of spoilers
    Well, he did spoilers:
    cut off his arm that one time.
    end of spoilers

Wasn’t a fan of this concept when I first heard about it but I gave it a shot and I actually enjoyed this issue. I’m in.

Is there a specific time allotment when we don’t need the spoiler tags or should a new thread be created?

The J-man

spoilers:
    I think that the GL may end up being Alan, giving the continued warnings about the Green Man and magic.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wasn’t a fan of this concept when I first heard about it but I gave it a shot and I actually enjoyed this issue. I’m in.

Is there a specific time allotment when we don’t need the spoiler tags or should a new thread be created?
    I’d say next week is when you’re free to talk about it without spoilers, although honestly Fri feels like a good amount of time as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'm just hoping Jefferson gets a good showing. I'm also wondering whose in his Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I'm just hoping Jefferson gets a good showing. I'm also wondering whose in his Kingdom?
    Batman apparently has a Robin spy in his Kingdom, so it would make sense for that to be Duke (meta and has a connection to Jefferson in the regular continuity) but I seen some Twitter theorist thinking it may be Cass or Tim. I imagine seeing as Jefferson is magic here, and we see he has Constantine in his court as well, his Kingdom may have more of the metahuman/magical characters from the mainline continuity.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Batman apparently has a Robin spy in his Kingdom, so it would make sense for that to be Duke (meta and has a connection to Jefferson in the regular continuity) but I seen some Twitter theorist thinking it may be Cass or Tim. I imagine seeing as Jefferson is magic here, and we see he has Constantine in his court as well, his Kingdom may have more of the metahuman/magical characters from the mainline continuity.
    Duke is most likely not a meta in this universe, otherwise he would not be part of the Robins.

The spy is probably Tim, since he is the only one that didn't appear in issue one. Cass is not a Robin.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The art really was stunning, and the concept is fun...but 12 issues? Man, when I saw that I soured a bit. Some stories...I take that back, most stories just don't need 12 issues to be told. That's a lot of pages and a big commitment from readers so if you're going to do it then your story better be ground breaking...and this just doesn't feel like a defining story. It's fun and if it was three or four issues it could very well be perfect but I expect more than fun if it's 12 issues.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Duke is most likely not a meta in this universe, otherwise he would not be part of the Robins.

The spy is probably Tim, since he is the only one that didn't appear in issue one. Cass is not a Robin.
    I'm thinking it's most likely Tim as well but I wouldn't rule out Cass being dubbed a Robin in this either, the fact that she was only ever Batgirl and never Bruce's side kick in regular continuity(pre or post flashpoint) shouldn't preclude her from filling the role of squire to this Batman's knight.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm thinking it's most likely Tim as well but I wouldn't rule out Cass being dubbed a Robin in this either, the fact that she was only ever Batgirl and never Bruce's side kick in regular continuity(pre or post flashpoint) shouldn't preclude her from filling the role of squire to this Batman's knight.
    I guess it depends on how much of the rest of the Batfamily Taylor plans on including.

I don't think he's gonna be a meta here either but I don't think that's because he's a Robin, I think that has more to do with him probably not playing a big enough role in the story to where it would need to be brought up. I was simply saying it would make the most sense for him to be the spy given Duke's character and relation to Jefferson in the main line. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Cass or Tim given we know they are gonna be in the story but we dont see them in the first issue.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't think he's gonna be a meta here either but I don't think that's because he's a Robin, I think that has more to do with him probably not playing a big enough role in the story to where it would need to be brought up. I was simply saying it would make the most sense for him to be the spy given Duke's character and relation to Jefferson in the main line. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Cass or Tim given we know they are gonna be in the story but we dont see them in the first issue.
    I'm hoping they actually have a role to play other than pick up the trash that Bruce leaves behind.

I was about to ask if Cass was confirmed in this, but then i remember about this Variant Cover with her on it.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm hoping they actually have a role to play other than pick up the trash that Bruce leaves behind.

I was about to ask if Cass was confirmed in this, but then i remember about this Variant Cover with her on it.

I think they as a group may play somewhat if a significant role because it looks like (based in this cover) they're gonna get a promotion or upgrade in their suits/status. iunno how much play they're gonna individually get but typically Duke doesn't usually have a big presence or uses his powers in these sorta batfamily collective outings; and he rarely has his powers in elseworld stories either.

currently following:

Duke isn't the spy he was already in issue 1, along with the other Robins and Batfamily
    The J-man