View Poll Results: Should Shang Chi become the new Iron Fist ?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 13.11%
  • No

53 86.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Voted "no."

Shang is his own thing and I really like the "Bruce Lee meets James Bond" vibe, and with the added twist of being a crime boss' son there's more than enough in Shang Chi's stable to make him interesting and keep churning out great stories. I decided to trade wait his current mini (as I'm doing with most books these days) but I hear it's been real damn solid.

Likewise, there's nothing wrong with Danny or the Iron Fist mythos. Hell, I think Kun Lun is one of the more interesting corners of the MU, right up there with Wakanda and Asgard. Honestly I think Danny is the weakest link in Iron Fist, the characters and world around him are often much more compelling than he himself is.

But like I said over in the Iron Fist thread, I can envision Marvel making Shang the new Iron Fist and while I don't agree with the idea, there *is* some merit to it. Neither Shang nor Danny are capable of holding down their own books, and Marvel might very well think that combining the IP's could be what pushes both into sustainable territory. Giving Shang some super powers provides synergy with the film, which again, isn't necessary but is something Marvel likes to do.

That promo art they showed off yesterday doesn't quite look like Shang so I don't think Marvel is going down this road, fortunately. And if they did.....I gotta admit, as much as I don't want to see it, I do believe there's an avenue for making it work that doesn't crap on either Shang or Danny, but elevates both in fun new ways. But just because it could work in a hypothetical sense doesn't mean it should happen.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If the mantle passes on it should go to the new Power Man. Shang Chi has his lane.

BANNED

A new Iron Fist has been announced:

No real practical reason to replace Danny.
    So I voted no.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

No. Bruce Lee should be Bruce Lee. Chuck Norris should be Chuck Norris.