Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Ice Cube was going to receive a paycheck of $9m for a movie but turned it down because of their vaccine mandate. I just don't get it.
    At this point the whole anti-vax movement is proving to good for one thing at least...it's an immediate barometer we can use to tell if someone should be considered a reputable source. If they're anti-vax then you can just about discount anything they say as complete garbage.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, my Mom has a friend who's son's refusing the vaccine because he's afraid that it'll make him sterile. Additionally my wife knows someone at work where she and her whole family are refusing the vaccine. I don't understand why people can be so stubborn. The breakthroughs of people who got COVID and are vaccinated seem to be the rallying cry of the anti-vaxcers like "see? I told ya so". But isn't it possible the breakthroughs happen because people are getting their second dose and immediately going out and not social distancing/masking?
    Here is what I can tell you: the vaccine is good at preventing you from getting Covid.

The vaccine is great at minimizing the affects of Covid & getting hospitililzed if you still get it.

The vaccine is extremely good at preventing Death.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed but the vaccine has an estimated effectiveness from 80-95% against Covid. Only the Sith deals in absolutes. If the Covidiots think that refusing the Vax is owning the libs, then please proceed.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 11-03-2021 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Covidiots

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Here is what I can tell you: the vaccine is good at preventing you from getting Covid.

The vaccine is great at minimizing the affects of Covid & getting hospitililzed if you still get it.

The vaccine is extremely good at preventing Death.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed but the vaccine has an estimated effectiveness from 80-95% against Covid. Only the Sith deals in absolutes. If the Covidiots think that refusing the Vax is owning the libs, then please proceed.
    Seriously. Now, I do not know what effectiveness percentages other vaccines have, but even if they are greater than COVID's, COVID is still a hell of a lot better than nothing. I've talked with anti-COVID vaxxers who claim the non-100% rates were hidden from the public which is total crap. It isn't perfect, but nothing is, as you've said.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Seriously. Now, I do not know what effectiveness percentages other vaccines have, but even if they are greater than COVID's, COVID is still a hell of a lot better than nothing. I've talked with anti-COVID vaxxers who claim the non-100% rates were hidden from the public which is total crap. It isn't perfect, but nothing is, as you've said.
    It's quite a spectacle they've created.

The Covidiots are continuing to double down on their big "LIE" so much that they can't bring themselves to admit they were bamboozled by the Fox (R)acists. The unvaxed are the majority of the new cases & consequently those deaths because, "owning the Libs".

If it was just only them insisting on thinning their heard I'd have no problem watching them annihilate themselves into oblivion. But they are the cause of the Delta strain & future mutations. So now it will be up to individual states, corporations & other powerful entities to demand full vaccination or GTFO.

Yes, the WINNING TEAM is laughing at you now.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    All that said...

I've always thought that it was a mistake to pitch the thing as a vaccine, and promise folks that the were going to be able to go right back to their normal lives after they were "Vaccinated..."
    This is a great point and it's why the CDC decided to change the definition of the "covid vaccine" in September. They replaced the word "immunity" with "protection" to be more transparent about this. If someone thinks they have immunity, they're likely to engage in more reckless behavior so I think it was a smart change to make.

The CDC’s definition of "vaccine" itself changed from “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease” to the current “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

I'm not sure what they mean by "preparation".
    Last edited by JB; 11-04-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This is a great point and it's why the CDC decided to change the definition of "vaccine" in September. They replaced the word "immunity" with "protection" to be more transparent about this. If someone thinks they have immunity, they're likely to engage in more reckless behavior so I think it was a smart change to make.
    Or they can admit that they have been lying the entire time about this injection being a vaccine instead of changing language to fit their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    Or they can admit that they have been lying the entire time about this injection being a vaccine instead of changing language to fit their agenda.
    Why would they do that if they were not actually lying?

It is actually as simple as that they just had really high hopes for something that was not going to be done the "Classic Coke..." way.

While it might not have been how I would have done it?

That does not make it a lie.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's not a lie...the stuff you're spewing is though...it's very obvious.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

The truth is nobody is the villain of their own story. Now you have a worldwide pandemic and over 750k Americans dead and countless businesses shuttered forever in an attempt to stop the spread and some people are too selfish or scared to wear masks or get a shot and they know this and they see the death toll and know on some level that the behavior of other selfish people like them is what's allowing this to become reality after the icon of self-interest in our former President gave the OK to treat it as a minor issue and politicized the entire thing in hopes of political gain.

They can't see all of that and internalize their behavior and say, "oh jeez, I made a mistake". That makes them the villain (it wouldn't, it would make them human beings capable of taking in new information and changing accordingly). But if they can make masks and vaccinations and the smart guy in the room who was rightly being listened to over Trump because he has actual expertise and scientific knowledge (two other things being villainized) then they're not selfish a##holes. They're heroic freedom fighters staving off a communist takeover/corporate scheme (never mind the inconsistency). A low death rate for the young and healthy is touted, a lower incidence of side effects of the vaccines are highlighted and screeched about.

They're doubling down and embracing it, because to do otherwise might give them a second to contemplate where they really are and that's just not an acceptable reality. And in a post-Trump world reality is now optional.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's not a lie...the stuff you're spewing is though...it's very obvious.
    Yes I lied because I had to change the english language to cover up what I'm saying and doing, not.

BANNED

Your comeback is like if you stole cookies from the cookie jar and someone caught you you would say, "I didn't steal the cookies. You did."

I'm just as mystified as Charles is. Florida has the lowest case rate in the country with zero mandates. Those Regeneron clinics that opened up seem to be making a big impact.

https://twitter.com/CharlesMBlow/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

EDIT: This literally just hit the news wires:

Pfizer says its Covid pill with HIV drug cuts the risk of hospitalization or death by 89%

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/05/pfiz...89percent.html
    Last edited by JB; 11-05-2021 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This is a great point and it's why the CDC decided to change the definition of the "covid vaccine" in September. They replaced the word "immunity" with "protection" to be more transparent about this. If someone thinks they have immunity, they're likely to engage in more reckless behavior so I think it was a smart change to make.

The CDC’s definition of "vaccine" itself changed from “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease” to the current “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

I'm not sure what they mean by "preparation".
    A preparation is something that's prepared, such as the COVID vaccines. As for the change in definition, vaccines AREN'T 100%. They never have been. The stats of efficacy from testing were made public through the entire process. The same situation is part of the flu vaccine situation where different strains arise each year so different vaccines are produced or prepared. Those do not have 100% effectiveness either, but for some reason very few complain about that wording.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A preparation is something that's prepared, such as the COVID vaccines. As for the change in definition, vaccines AREN'T 100%. They never have been. The stats of efficacy from testing were made public through the entire process. The same situation is part of the flu vaccine situation where different strains arise each year so different vaccines are produced or prepared. Those do not have 100% effectiveness either, but for some reason very few complain about that wording.
    The complaints I've seen come from people quoting Biden as saying "If you get vaccinated you won't get covid." Unfortunately there are a lot of people who believe they have complete immunity once vaccinated. I know that's not the case but the CDC felt compelled to change their definition just two months ago due to the confusion.
    Last edited by JB; 11-05-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Sounds dastardly of them. What is their agenda?