Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Vaccine question

So, my Mom has a friend who's son's refusing the vaccine because he's afraid that it'll make him sterile. Additionally my wife knows someone at work where she and her whole family are refusing the vaccine. I don't understand why people can be so stubborn. The breakthroughs of people who got COVID and are vaccinated seem to be the rallying cry of the anti-vaxcers like "see? I told ya so". But isn't it possible the breakthroughs happen because people are getting their second dose and immediately going out and not social distancing/masking?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, my Mom has a friend who's son's refusing the vaccine because he's afraid that it'll make him sterile. Additionally my wife knows someone at work where she and her whole family are refusing the vaccine. I don't understand why people can be so stubborn. The breakthroughs of people who got COVID and are vaccinated seem to be the rallying cry of the anti-vaxcers like "see? I told ya so". But isn't it possible the breakthroughs happen because people are getting their second dose and immediately going out and not social distancing/masking?
    It is hard to get though to many people like this. If they were open to reason, they would have gotten vaccinated by now.

Though, and I'm sorry if this sounds snarky, but as the man who is afraid of becoming sterile...has he considered that dying from COVID would also make him sterile? They worry about unproven issues like sterility, but not of the proven issue of Death or a lifetime of medical issues associated with Long COVID.

COVID is likely to become much like the Flu, and like the Flu we may need yearly shots, and like the Flu, those who don't get the shots and get COVID will be lucky if they don't die from it.

So, let's just wish him luck, hope he doesn't get exposed to COVID and if he does, hope it doesn't get it really bad.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The percent of those who are hospitalized or die because of COVID who are vaccinated is around 10%, which is in line with the effectiveness predictions. In other words, you are 10 times more likely to get sick or die if you are unvaccinated.
    These people are idiots who glory in their ignorance.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If given a choice between being sterile and being dead, I’ll gladly take the former, then embrace adoption.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The percent of those who are hospitalized or die because of COVID who are vaccinated is around 10%, which is in line with the effectiveness predictions. In other words, you are 10 times more likely to get sick or die if you are unvaccinated.
    These people are idiots who glory in their ignorance.
    Thanks for the statistic. Really sheds a lot of light. I think a lot of people don't even look at that stat and just hear buzz words like BREAKTHROUGH

Thanks for the statistic. Really sheds a lot of light. I think a lot of people don't even look at that stat and just hear buzz words like BREAKTHROUGH
    Their argument is the same as not wearing seat belts because some people die even with seat belts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unless I planned on starting, something like, six or seven separate families in the future?

Hit the fertility clinic. "Captain America..." what you will need to start a family should things go sideways. Get vaccinated.

See where things go from there.

If there is an issue, you should be able to contend with the only real need you would have.

That someone could shoot a police officer in the head does nothing to subtract from all of the times that a bulletproof vest will likely save their lives.

All that said...

I've always thought that it was a mistake to pitch the thing as a vaccine, and promise folks that the were going to be able to go right back to their normal lives after they were "Vaccinated..."

Here is what I can tell you: the vaccine is good at preventing you from getting Covid.

The vaccine is great at minimizing the affects of Covid & getting hospitililzed if you still get it.

The vaccine is extremely good at preventing Death.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed but the vaccine has an estimated effectiveness from 80-95% against Covid. Only the Sith deals in absolutes. If the Covidiots think that refusing the Vax is owning the libs, then please proceed.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 11-03-2021 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Covidiots

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Here is what I can tell you: the vaccine is good at preventing you from getting Covid.

The vaccine is great at minimizing the affects of Covid & getting hospitililzed if you still get it.

The vaccine is extremely good at preventing Death.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed but the vaccine has an estimated effectiveness from 80-95% against Covid. Only the Sith deals in absolutes. If the Covidiots think that refusing the Vax is owning the libs, then please proceed.
    Seriously. Now, I do not know what effectiveness percentages other vaccines have, but even if they are greater than COVID's, COVID is still a hell of a lot better than nothing. I've talked with anti-COVID vaxxers who claim the non-100% rates were hidden from the public which is total crap. It isn't perfect, but nothing is, as you've said.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Seriously. Now, I do not know what effectiveness percentages other vaccines have, but even if they are greater than COVID's, COVID is still a hell of a lot better than nothing. I've talked with anti-COVID vaxxers who claim the non-100% rates were hidden from the public which is total crap. It isn't perfect, but nothing is, as you've said.
    It's quite a spectacle they've created.

The Covidiots are continuing to double down on their big "LIE" so much that they can't bring themselves to admit they were bamboozled by the Fox (R)acists. The unvaxed are the majority of the new cases & consequently those deaths because, "owning the Libs".

If it was just only them insisting on thinning their heard I'd have no problem watching them annihilate themselves into oblivion. But they are the cause of the Delta strain & future mutations. So now it will be up to individual states, corporations & other powerful entities to demand full vaccination or GTFO.

Yes, the WINNING TEAM is laughing at you now.