Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Barring some data that actually suggests that? I tend to doubt it.

As for "Unknown Effects...", lots of folks have been vaccinated and we are going on a year in.

How long before folks start to doubt these "Unknown Effects..." to the same degree that they worry about "What If?..." situations that will most likely never come to pass?
    Yes, UC Davis had a study which came to the conclusion that certain young men, those not obese or with preexisting conditions, are more likely to have an adverse reaction from the vaccine than die from COVID.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/09/h...ccination.html

This is another article.

also I have some more pointers

4.The vaccine does not stop someone from spreading or catching COVID according to the CDC. What it does do is lower your symptoms but if you are not in a risk category maybe you won't see the need for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    1. The frigging Pope came out and said people should be vaccinated
    2. How about a known and nasty side effect from not getting the shot---DEATH!
    3. I'm 62 and never had any bad reaction, neither have people older than me
    1.Popes have also stolen money from people and done other things not looked proudly upon in the Bible and he may have not known how the vaccines were made when he said that statement.
    2.Yes that is possible and that absolutely something people should consider when choosing.
    3.People your age have but this is really only for people 42 and more years younger than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    Yes, UC Davis had a study which came to the conclusion that certain young men, those not obese or with preexisting conditions, are more likely to have an adverse reaction from the vaccine than die from COVID.

This is another article.

4.The vaccine does not stop someone from spreading or catching COVID according to the CDC. What it does do is lower your symptoms but if you are not in a risk category maybe you won't see the need for it.
    While I don't want to get too picky, you did say "Hospitalized" or "Die"

Also, your link is behind a paywall.

As for that fourth bit...

"I don't see the need for it..."?

That's not a particularly solid "Why Not?..." reason.

Now, as for what we actually know about just how big and bad that "Reaction..." to the vaccine is out in actual reality?...

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/23/10095...e-is-rare-cdc-

Heart Inflammation In Teens And Young Adults After COVID-19 Vaccine Is Rare, CDC Says
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says 323 cases of heart inflammation have been verified in people who received the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

The cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been seen mostly in teens and young adults between 12 and 39 years old — mostly after the second vaccine dose.

Most people who have experienced this side effect have recovered from symptoms and are doing well, according to data presented Wednesday at a public meeting of the CDC's vaccine advisory committee. Of the 323 cases, 295 were discharged from the hospital, nine remained hospitalized as of last week and 14 were not hospitalized at all. Outcome data was missing for five of the cases. No deaths have been associated with this side effect.

BANNED

Its more of a "why should I" reason.

For me I haven't gotten vaxed because I'm young, healthy, and see no threat from the virus so I am not compelled to take the vaccines. I believe that exercising and eating healthy are the best things you can do for yourself. That was never going to be the solution for the problem though because people couldn't get rich or political power from that.
    Last edited by Kid Devil; 10-30-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

1.Popes have also stolen money from people and done other things not looked proudly upon in the Bible and he may have not known how the vaccines were made when he said that statement.
    2.Yes that is possible and that absolutely something people should consider when choosing.
    3.People your age have but this is really only for people 42 and more years younger than you.
    Has this Pope done any of that?

Also...it's literally every head of or organized religions who have said it's your duty to get vaccinated. It's literally just crackpots like Pat Robertson who say not to get vaccinated. So yeah real religious reason to hold out.

Basically it comes down to if you aren't vaccinated then you might as well wear a dunce cap and sit in the corner so at least everyone else will know not to trust a single word that comes of your mouth.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-30-2021 at 04:35 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Retired

Reactions to vaccines are often not caused by the active ingredient of the vaccine, but by all the other stuff that supports that ingredient: preservatives, adjuvants, stabilizers, residual cell culture materials, residual inactivating ingredients, residual antibiotics. For example, a residual cell culture may contain egg protein and some people have a reaction to that protein.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

This is another article.

Actually that article says:

Based on data available in June, advisers to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention unanimously voted to recommend the vaccine, saying the benefits far outweighed the risk. For every million vaccinated boys ages 12 to 17, the shots might cause a maximum of 70 myocarditis cases, but would prevent 5,700 infections, 215 hospitalizations and two deaths, the agency has estimated.
    The Israeli study suggested a .01% risk of temporary heart inflamation. For COVID hospitalization it is .08%

And the "Unknown effects" argument is beyond insipid. Since we already know that their are real long term dangers from contradicting COVID.

Your risk assessment arguments actually show the opposite of what you think.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-30-2021 at 07:30 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Its more of a "why should I" reason.

For me I haven't gotten vaxed because I'm young, healthy, and see no threat from the virus so I am not compelled to take the vaccines. I believe that exercising and eating healthy are the best things you can do for yourself. That was never going to be the solution for the problem though because people couldn't get rich or political power from that.
    Lots of people have accumulated wealth from fitness.

"I'm young, healthy, and see no threat from the virus so I am not compelled to take the vaccine" - It seems that this is the biggest problem we are encountering in this pandemic. People that are inherently selfish and will not do anything that might inconvenience them slightly, in order to protect those that are more vulnerable. If people don't understand herd immunity by now, I am afraid that things will never go back to previous normal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Lots of people have accumulated wealth from fitness.
    Yes, absolutely, and people make money off natural foods and such but they don't pay the politicians like Pfizer does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    "I'm young, healthy, and see no threat from the virus so I am not compelled to take the vaccine" - It seems that this is the biggest problem we are encountering in this pandemic. People that are inherently selfish and will not do anything that might inconvenience them slightly, in order to protect those that are more vulnerable. If people don't understand herd immunity by now, I am afraid that things will never go back to previous normal.
    I agree that things wont go back to normal excluding Texas, Florida and more Republican states. Democrat states simply do not account natural immunity and make it appear that the only thing you can do is get jabbed or you don't care about anyone when they already are producing antibodies.

I agree that things wont go back to normal excluding Texas, Florida and more Republican states. Democrat states simply do not account natural immunity and make it appear that the only thing you can do is get jabbed or you don't care about anyone when they already are producing antibodies.
    i did not see the wrong headedness of your posts until this. Now I see why you are so ill informed and so misdirected about everything that has to do with COVID and vaccinations.

Good day.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

...those are the only options, get the shot or show everyone you're ignorant...the whole world agrees upon this fact.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Ice Cube was going to receive a paycheck of $9m for a movie but turned it down because of their vaccine mandate. I just don't get it.