Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Kryptonians have powers in almost every situation, except under red sunlight, their homeworld orbiting a red star is not a coincidence. Their star was turned red to ensure kryptonians would not have powers under normal circumstances.

Eons ago Krypton launched a conquest campaign and conquered almost all known universe, until a group o rebel kryptonians helped stop it. Then, along with the New Gods and the Guardians, they decided to erase most records about the Kryptonian Empire and in time even the ruling council forgot about it. To ensure another conquering campaign wouldn't happen they banished space travel and turned Krypton's sun red, the only way of blocking their powers.
    In my head the only difference is that they had powers under a red sun originally. But a "virus" was implanted in their genetic code that made their powers switch off under red sunlight. Kryptonians were originally from Earth but were put on Krypton, as their prison, so they couldn't threaten other planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In my head the only difference is that they had powers under a red sun originally. But a "virus" was implanted in their genetic code that made their powers switch off under red sunlight. Kryptonians were originally from Earth but were put on Krypton, as their prison, so they couldn't threaten other planets.
    I did like that the Earth 2 Kryptonians had Golden Age power levels on Krypton.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Tim Drake going to college with Ives like Tynion's alternate future's past

Damian's japanese dragon is still in the Batcave making sure there are no intruder, and since it's mythical it doesn't need food

Atlanteans don't sleep with blankets

Aquaman gave up the throne of Atlantis to Orm since he's a good king, and instead acts as ambassador or peacekeeper since he's the one from both worlds. (I actually don't know the status of the throne, I just know I'm bored hearing about it) Also he and Orm are friends.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-31-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Kryptonians have powers in almost every situation, except under red sunlight, their homeworld orbiting a red star is not a coincidence. Their star was turned red to ensure kryptonians would not have powers under normal circumstances.

Eons ago Krypton launched a conquest campaign and conquered almost all known universe, until a group o rebel kryptonians helped stop it. Then, along with the New Gods and the Guardians, they decided to erase most records about the Kryptonian Empire and in time even the ruling council forgot about it. To ensure another conquering campaign wouldn't happen they banished space travel and turned Krypton's sun red, the only way of blocking their powers.
    I have a similar headcanon between Krypton and Oa; I always imagined that the Kryptonian Council and the Guardians of the Universe have a unspoken "Treaty of Neutrality" between them (restricting the one to interfere with the affairs of the other). I thought long and hard over what the reason for such a treaty could be, and that answer has to be Doomsday. I have it that during the height of the Kryptonian regime, Doomsday became their "nuclear option". And it took the entire Green Lantern Corps to subdue the monster (countless members died in that battle). I also have it that Krypton's sun was red as they used a Sun-Eater to drain the sun's energy.

I have alot of interesting headcanons for Krypton's history; one example is the Phantom Zone projector. Instead of Jor-El, it's Seg-El who created the projector. Because the technology was crude at the time, the initial prisoners lost the physical forms entering the zone (hence the name "Phantom Zone"; and characters like Xa-Du). However, during Jax-Ur's trial, the criminal was able to leak information of the projector to the general public (who were unaware of such a machine). The resulting spark of anger towards the council led to such insurrection movements like "Black Zero" cause trouble over this controversy. To save face, Jor-El found a way to modify the Projector, so losing physical form was optional.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Powergirl and Supergirl don’t look that much alike as far as facial features.

My favorites, by me, Anne Elk:

- Lobo is the Universe's way of responding to Destruction going on walkabout, in much the same way that the Golden Age Sandman was the Universe responding to Morpheus being captured. I mean, c'mon, he's a pasty white goth boy, just like most of the Endless!
    - The Earth-2 Speedy is still wandering the post-Crisis, post-Flashpoint, post-Rebirth universe, with a really bad case of triple amnesia.
    - Darkseid keeps an entire galaxy enslaved in a remote corner of the Universe, for experimental purposes. The heroes of the DCU have no idea that it exists.

Harley Quinn was a D-minus psychiatry student who only got as far as she did because Arkham is grand central station for the cranks, quacks, and failures of the psychiatry profession.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-01-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Incredible Member

You couldn't get a grad degree as a D- student.
    Most programs require a 3.0, limit the numbers of C grades a student can earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Harley Quinn was a D-minus psychiatry student who only got as far as she did because Arkham is grand central station for the cranks, quacks, and failures of the psychiatry profession.
    Well, depending on the continuity, the implication was she slept around to get good grades.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I remember reading an article that stated that some Batman stories unintentionally make his strongest quality simply being a cop who doesn't have to comply with due process. Which made me wonder whether Batman, who regularly cooperates with Gordon, should have to get warrants, maybe through Gordon himself. I don't like the idea of Batman being a sworn-in cop, but I think I like the idea of Batman being a cop exempt from the law even less.

Retired

I prefer Batman as an ally of the Gotham Police Department, working within the law, which was the status quo for some forty years, rather than the Frank Millerization of Batman, which presents a situation where, working outside the law, Bruce never fixes the system and maybe only makes it worse--as police corruption, gang violence, political cronyism, toxic xenophobia, human degradation just continues to spiral out of control--even when legions of Batman acolytes take the law into their own hands.

How does Batman work within the law, without actually becoming a police officer? Well, first, I'll use the Food Bank as an analogy. This charity began as a stopgap measure. The Food Bank wasn't set up to be a government agency, but it was introduced to make up for the failure of government to feed those in need. By rights, the Food Bank should have gone away as we developed a better way to treat those most needful in society. But now the Food Bank is like an extra-government agency, working with government but not part of government.

So I see Batman as someone who tried to repair the system and effect changes to the police and other agencies in the city. In fact, Bruce Wayne set up the Alfred Foundation, which became the Wayne Foundation, and on the crime front, the Victims Incorporated Program. At the same time, he worked to fix the immediate problem of violence in the city as the Darknight Detective. And he worked with Jim Gordon and Harvey Dent to end the corruption in the police department and the legal system. However, the city became so dependent on Batman as an extra arm of the law, that they never fully funded the police department to the level needed. Nor did they give funding to harm reduction, social housing, mental health--trusting instead to billionaires like the Waynes and the Kanes to fund private programs.

After a few years, Batman and Robin should have resolved the most outstanding problems in the city, to the point where Gotham City was in the 1950s and 1960s. Then, while there was some crime, most of the citizens felt safe and there wasn't widespread corruption. The Dynamic Duo did their nightly patrols and worked with the regular police to keep the peace.

Joshua Clay (and the guy who inherited his powers, Martin Ellis) are both distantly related to Will Everett and actually part of the Amazing Man family line

also Lynn Stewart (Black Lightning's wife/ex-wife) is the sister of John Stewart, and Tyroc (Troy Stewart) is his descendant.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

-The Universe is so incalculably huge that I find it believable that the Guardians had no contact with Krypton, Rann and other alien planets that don't have GL's. I know they've tried to introduce GL's from Krypton and Thanagar but those characters only makes the universe feel smaller. I'm fine with the Guardians having had contact with the New Gods though.

-The Guardians have been around for billions of years, to them we are a recent phenomenon. The Guardians have probably had GL members from alien species that eventually went extinct then recruited GL's from the species that replaced them once they were advanced enough.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Populations of Meta humans are not evenly distributed across the world. Even within the US certain areas have more meta activity then others. Part of the reason why people live in Gotham city(in-spite of it being crappy) is that it has a relatively low meta human population.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This all day. Paul Dini's origin for her in Mad Love kind of implies this is exactly the case.
    Assassinate Putin!