Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

...does Diana poop?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    ...does Diana poop?
    Well, it's a proven scientific fact women don't poop... but Diana is magic so she's probably the one exception in the whole universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Wonder Woman eats like a shonen protagonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Most characters with super strength or speed would. They would superhuman metabolisms that would require a lot of food to maintain.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 11-02-2021 at 01:09 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

...does Diana poop?
    Yes, but it smells like roses and strawberries.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

And the creator agree with you.
    Though Dini established that in Mad Love, he seems to walked back on it somewhat in later years. I remember there were moments where Harley has been described as having been a 'brilliant psychologist' and there were moments in Gotham City Sires which showed off her psychoanalytical skills.

They may have done this to make it seem more believable that she was manipulated by the Joker and that Harley wasn't 'good' even before getting involved in the Joker but it does bring up the problematic trope of a woman being accused of sleeping their way to the top. Plus even brilliant and academic women have been manipulated into abusive relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    John Stewart and Black Lightning are brothers in law through Lynn
    I've see this brought up a couple of times. But it sounds so random. Is there a canon basis beyond Lynn and John having the same last name?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Wonder Woman eats like a shonen protagonist.
    I accept this as canon. Plus she eats with her hands. This also gives her another thing in common with Wally and for them to compete over:

[IMG]https://***********/www.thescienceof.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/FlashEat3.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Because they're so superior to human beings in every way, I just assume they both have the facility to change their accent, if they want. Maybe like some cursive singers they choose to use a weird accent just to stand out.

I could maybe see Diana having an accent like Isabella Rossellini's which I don't know if it is a foreign accent--it might just be a product of her growing up in so many different languages and hearing so many different accents that she just settled on an accent that's in the middle of everything. It's not like she's pronouncing words wrong--she seems able to produce any consonant or vowel she could want, but it just doesn't sound like a flat American accent.
    I mean, if they were superior to humans, why would they change their accent? Wouldn't they be like 'this is how I speak, now deal with it'.

It's easy to approximate how Diana might sound like given her Mediterrenean roots. I'm not sure how Kara's accent would sound like and whether Zod, Ursa, Faora, Jor-El, Lara and other prominent Kryptonians would have the same accent.

Incredible Member

Kryptonian genealogy.

I think it works differently than we think about family in mainstream North American society. I'll leave the clones issue to the side, and patriarchy.

But how you are connected as part of the family matters. In a sentence the way Kryptonians think about family could
    be described this way: you are either family or you are not. If you are in the charmed circle than you have close connections
    with a whole lot of people.

But these connections mean that extended family matters a lot. On earth once you move out of the immediate family, you
    have distant relations. But on Krypton, these relationships allow your house to network, to build relationships. Adoption is
    also prevalent, similar in the ways in which elites in ancient Rome would adopt individuals. The other way in which extended family
    works is that these genealogy connections work both through the male and female lines. Aunts and Uncles would exercise important
    roles in growing you. Much the same way these would often work in Tlingit-Haida culture where Uncles would be responsible for
    teaching young males how to fish, hunt. You are also constantly developing new family relationships.

Part of the way Kryptonian family relationships also work is that individual autonomy isn't at play here. It is instead an ongoing involvement.
    How does that relate to Superman? Cousins matter more in Kryptonian families then they do at earth, which would suggest the importance of the
    Clark-Kara relationship. Remember she was responsible for Clark as part of the initial plan, only she arrived much later. Then it switched: Clark
    became responsible for her. Clark behaved in ways that were un-Kryptonian: such as placing her in an orphanage, but on the other hand his
    responsibility for her understanding how to use powers would fit within that worldview.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 11-03-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Retired

In terms of Kryptonian families, the reason that Kal-El and Kara Zor-El have so many lookalikes could be because of cloning. But I don't see this as the horror story that John Byrne was on about. It was probably because the Kryptonians had been pushed to the point of extinction and they could only repopulate the planet by cloning the same people over and over again. Clones aren't second class citizens, because everyone on the planet is a clone.

Oh, some more of mine...

- Doiby Dickles is the guy who founded the Cosmic Order of Space Cab Pilots, of which Space Cabbie is a member.
    - Krypto's enhanced super-nose allows him to track people through time and Hypertime (something Superman can't do)
    - Lyla Michaels (Harbinger) is the Great^15-Grandmother of Michael Carter (Booster Gold). She is also destined to be Rip Hunter's mother, making Booster Gold his own Great^15th Grandpa.
    - Forest Fires generally don't spread in the DCU. There's always a Superman, Green Lantern, Firestorm, or someone to snuff them out.
    - There's an thriving criminal syndicate in Gotham that never gets taken down by Batman because a) they refrain from wanton violence, and b) they commit all of their crimes during the day. It's run by Egghead, Louie the Lilac, and Marsha, Queen of Diamonds.
    - Notwithstanding the FANTASTIC recent Dial H series (which you all should read), the H in the H-Dials actually stands for "Hypertime."

Here is one of mine:

-Aquaman and Family don't eat certain types of fish. Which surface dwellers took to mean that they don't eat fish at all. In reality, it's more akin to how most humans don't eat cats and dogs but will eat poultry and beef. The Atlanteans eats fish and other marine life but there are certain species which some of them feel too close to so they won't eat them. Arthur enjoys crabs and turtle but he won't eat them around Mera who feels too close to them. Likewise, Mera won't eat dolphins or sharks around Arthur who feels a connection to them. Jackson really enjoys calamari and salmon but there are certain Atlanteans he won't bring them up around. I also bet there are vegan Atlanteans who figured out how to farm different types of edible sea weed and learned how to grow rice and grain in underwater air bubbles.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Here is one of mine:

-Aquaman and Family don't eat certain types of fish. Which surface dwellers took to mean that they don't eat fish at all. In reality, it's more akin to how most humans don't eat cats and dogs but will eat poultry and beef. The Atlanteans eats fish and other marine life but there are certain species which some of them feel too close to so they won't eat them. Arthur enjoys crabs and turtle but he won't eat them around Mera who feels too close to them. Likewise, Mera won't eat dolphins or sharks around Arthur who feels a connection to them. Jackson really enjoys calamari and salmon but there are certain Atlanteans he won't bring them up around. I also bet there are vegan Atlanteans who figured out how to farm different types of edible sea weed and learned how to grow rice and grain in underwater air bubbles.
    This makes a lot of sense.

BANNED

Here is one of mine:

Mera Eat.jpg
    Mera when Aquamans gone

Here is one of mine:

ohhh, I really like this one
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

It is actually possible for two people with the same last name to not be related to each other.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

- Wayne enterprises profits from collateral damage cause by superhero and villains by owning an influence company that provide coverage plans for it

- Wayne tech profits from Arkham and Blackgate being resolving doors by selling security tech to those institutions banking on their terrible reputations

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

...does Diana poop?
    She's made of clay so no

===

Bruce has British accent after being raised by Alfred

Kyle Rayner's a struggling artist so he doesn't have a six-pack and not very muscular (he's still very pretty though)

Clark Kent works out by lifting tractors and old trains in the countryside far from civilization, Mr. Incredibles style

Jim Gordon didn't have an affair with Sarah-Essen but Barbara Eileen did leave him, taking James Jr. because Gotham is too dangerous

Robin's main job is to rescue and comfort the victims, assist in the investigation, gather evidence, set up traps and wiretaps, act as mission control, and provide emergency aid when Batman's incapacitated. Batman takes the brunt of the villain fights. This doesn't stop them from disobeying him of course, but Robins aren't supposed to face gunmen head-on. They're still trained in what to do in a gunfight and how to drive, just in case they have to, but it's not their field priority. Only in an emergency.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-06-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Vixen practices Parkour for both fun and exercise.

From time to time, she also helps people find out who their spirit animals/animal totems are.

She's also a volunteer Animal Control officer. Have a snake in your toilet bowl? Call Vixen. Have a family of raccoons living in your attic? Call Vixen. Have a mouse infestation? Call Vixen. She'll talk to the animals, calm them down, quietly remove them from your premises and will release them into the wilderness.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi