View Poll Results: Should The MCU’s Reboot Of The Inhumans Be A Disney + Show Or Movie?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Movie.

9 15.25%
  • Show, but this time as a Big Budget Disney + show

22 37.29%
  • Neither. The Marvel Should Leave The Property Alone

28 47.46%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

As long as Rebecca Ferguson gets cast as Medusa, either would do :3

JK I will accept any cast, I just need more Inhumans content

The best bet would be a disney+ or hulu cartoon in my opinion. Something that would make more people want to get to see them in live action and get to know them in a more budget friendly way. Something like the Aquaman cartoon on Max. Not too adult, not too kiddy and a unique art style *though the art looks very stephen universe to me, which i like*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

** Post deleted **
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I really doubt any of this will happen. Remember that Marvel wanted to use the Inhumans as a replacement for the X-Men. The need is no longer there, and the Inhumans have a bad reputation to overcome (even with comic book fans). And worse, Marvel has now another hidden race of superpowered people, the Eternals.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I really doubt any of this will happen. Remember that Marvel wanted to use the Inhumans as a replacement for the X-Men. The need is no longer there, and the Inhumans have a bad reputation to overcome (even with comic book fans). And worse, Marvel has now another hidden race of superpowered people, the Eternals.
    Yes, I doubt we'll see them in the MCU in the next decade, at least. At most, as guest characters in a cartoon.

The Inhumans have been around as long as Silver Surfer and Galactus. They are too valuable of a property to wash down the drain just because of the recent revamp. I am sick, literally sick, of hearing about X-Men replacement, especially now when the X-Men have been heavily modified to resemble Inhumans. The world does not revolve around the X-Men fandom. I'm sure there are enough talented professionals at Marvel who could make this property an interesting one while keeping true to its Kirby roots and attract new fans who don't know or care about the Perlmutter era.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    That's as illogical as saying Marvel wanted to replace the X-Men with the Eternals because they made a movie about the Eternals, which are alpha level mutants with an interesting backstory.

If it doesn't happen it will be because the ABC network TV show didn't work out. Not because of the online conspiracy theory that the inhumans only exist to replace another product sold by Marvel, because they don't want everything they own to make money for them.

Astonishing Member

Any Inhuman adaptation period is going to want to put as much metaphorical distance between them and the X-Men/Mutants as possible as quickly as they can. Ironically that would mean they'd need to speed rush the mutants to Genosha/Krakoa to develop the similarities/differences

presuming the Eternals don't suffer the fate of the Inhumans, Iron Fist and SHIELD due to how their adaptation goes, lean into the ancestry connection via Astron and the Uranians, Crystal's previous beef with Cersei and Ikaris having helped set up one of Attilan's incarnations

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    The Inhumans have been around as long as Silver Surfer and Galactus. They are too valuable of a property to wash down the drain just because of the recent revamp. I am sick, literally sick, of hearing about X-Men replacement, especially now when the X-Men have been heavily modified to resemble Inhumans. The world does not revolve around the X-Men fandom. I'm sure there are enough talented professionals at Marvel who could make this property an interesting one while keeping true to its Kirby roots and attract new fans who don't know or care about the Perlmutter era.
    Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl were part of the Inhumans project and they're getting their own shows. They were never meant to be spin-off members of the X-Men. Hickman never invented a solo X-Men character book because they don't want to make solo X-Men characters like solo inhuman characters. It's a different dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    As long as Rebecca Ferguson gets cast as Medusa, either would do :3

JK I will accept any cast, I just need more Inhumans content
    I'm for Milla Jovovich, personally, but Rebecca would be fantastic too!

To be on topic with the discussion, I think the Inhumans should be introduced in a movie first as guest stars, then get their own movie to expand on their mythos and then spin some Disney+ shows out of it.

Rebecca Ferguson would be amazing.

I'd say start them off on Disney+, develop the characters and societal scope of the Inhumans. Then, they can start interacting with others. I don't think the failure of their last showing should stop them reappearing. I'd just have the cast in the sacred timeline be new and have the ABC show as just one version of them in the multiverse.

Of course if the Inhumans can ever be realized again, they should interact with the Avengers, but their entry into the MU, only a year or 2 after the X-Men was a big part of the FF at the time, and I would hate for that to be lost.

The Inhumans were forced to flee (Jews/Exodus knock-off) when Maximus took over, and they hid in Europe and the US. The whole story about how Medusa was revealed to be one of them, etc.

Johnny only inadvertantly discovered Crystal when they were trying to hide.

That is the story. They're discovered by the FF or whoever
    The flavor text or 'plot' is that once they returned to Earth (movie/series) they dispersed and went into hiding, possibly seeking to find other scientists (woman in the show that tried to help them) Medusa or others might at first think the super heroes were offshoot of them (Crystal first thought Johnny might be an Inhuman.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

Adaptations change things all the time. I don't think they need to be introduced with the F4.

In hindsight the TV show would've been better off as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D season rather than being its own thing. So using another franchise to backdoor pilot them is appealing.

The FF are the ideal choice because of canon and they are explorers by nature. But there are other options like Ms. Marvel, the Guardians or Thor that could work.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-01-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    In hindsight the TV show would've been better off as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D season rather than being its own thing. So using another franchise to backdoor pilot them is appealing.

The FF are the ideal choice because of canon and they are explorers by nature. But there are other options like Ms. Marvel, the Guardians or Thor that could work.
    This makes me think a good piggy back would be Thor. Imagine him going back to Asgard after Ragnarok only to find Attilian now resides there. An end bringing a new beginning.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/