Incredible Member

Default David Gordon Green to ruin The Exorcist Next

Okay, so I stole the title from the Indiana Jones thread, and it's totally provocative. Actually, DGG, at least initially, saved the Halloween franchise by making an incredible film that forms a perfect duology with the original. But then he had to go and ruin it by turning that film into a trilogy and just making another degenerate slasher film.

Now he's planning on doing the same thing for The Exorcist, with the first film presumably aimed at 2023, in time for the 50th anniversary of the original, just like Halloween was in time for the 40th.

Leslie Odom Jr. plays a father of a boy possessed by who seeks out Chris MacNeil (Ellen Burstyn) for help.

Anyone ever notice how the entirety of the original Exorcist is "Is this girl possessed? I mean, is she really? Is she really possessed? Are we sure? Are we really sure? No, I mean, like really, are we sure? She's possessed? She's possessed? She is? Okay." And then there's an exorcism at the end.

How the **** do you make a trilogy out of that?

Probably about as well as you make one about a 61-year-old man stabbing people.
    Last edited by Slimybug; 10-30-2021 at 12:50 PM.

The devil probably makes for a better trilogy villain than a mute guy in his sixties.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Halloween 2018 was terrible.