Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Did I invent this Kid Omega theory or has this been cited/discussed before?

Ive been an XMen fan since small childhood and was a pre teen when Grant Morrison’s run came out. I would always read the forums and see the fan theories and there’s one I remember from way back but I am wondering if its ever been implied in an actual issue or just a read between the lines thing.

Did I make this up or was it once implied that Quentin Quire is the secret offspring of Professor X and Jean Grey, confirming Xaviers weird obsession with Jean as a minor? The issue when he was revealed as adopted and his outrage, his strange connection to the Phoenix Force, I see this. Is this something the writer intended to hint at?

Ultimate Member

I remember reading a fan-theory that he was a secret reverse-gender clone of Jean, but AFAIK, nothing ever came of his adoption reveal (and Laura drank all the 'rule 63 clone' milkshake, IMO).

Bear in mind, at the time of his introduction, he was brown-haired and only a telepath (not a telekinetic at all), and not even a particularly powerful telepath, despite the 'Kid Omega' moniker, since it took the drug Kick enhancing his powers to make him able to psychically overpower 'normal' telepathic students like Slick, so I don't think that Morrison intended for him to have any secret connection to Jean.

That said, who knows, Morrison did seem to enjoy exploring the kinkier / trashier side of things, and Quentin as a forbidden secret love-child of Xavier and Jean (that Jean doesn't remember, 'cause of Xavier?) would seem to fit the seedier aspects of that run.

I think it would do Quentin a world of good if Jean was his mother. He needs actual structure from someone who can back up her bark if the need arises and I'm pretty sure Jean could do it since she alluded to that in X-Factor. Xavier being his father would just make it skeevy though. But I do recall seeing a scan of Onslaught showing Jean that Xavier was secretly in love with her. I've never read the whole saga so I've no idea if that was a true statement or if it was something he twisted to screw with Jean's mind.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

No, I never heard of this "theory" before. Quentin is not Jean's son. Now, whether he is Xavier's is another matter entirely....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I think it would do Quentin a world of good if Jean was his mother. He needs actual structure from someone who can back up her bark if the need arises and I'm pretty sure Jean could do it since she alluded to that in X-Factor. Xavier being his father would just make it skeevy though. But I do recall seeing a scan of Onslaught showing Jean that Xavier was secretly in love with her. I've never read the whole saga so I've no idea if that was a true statement or if it was something he twisted to screw with Jean's mind.
    Yes, that was true, based off of one panel of one old X-Men comic I believe.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, I never heard of this "theory" before. Quentin is not Jean's son. Now, whether he is Xavier's is another matter entirely....
    I feel like that would screw him up even more. But hey maybe he and Legion can bond over Xavier being a sh!t father.

Yes, that was true, based off of one panel of one old X-Men comic I believe.
    I see. Thank you. I'm going to assume she never confronted him about it and it was never referenced again by any writer since?

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    Ive been an XMen fan since small childhood and was a pre teen when Grant Morrison’s run came out. I would always read the forums and see the fan theories and there’s one I remember from way back but I am wondering if its ever been implied in an actual issue or just a read between the lines thing.

Did I make this up or was it once implied that Quentin Quire is the secret offspring of Professor X and Jean Grey, confirming Xaviers weird obsession with Jean as a minor? The issue when he was revealed as adopted and his outrage, his strange connection to the Phoenix Force, I see this. Is this something the writer intended to hint at?
    It has been discussed a while ago and the text itself leans towards it being the case. Even in the current era the fact that telepathy is the only powerset with two omega levels implies a connection between the two.

So no, you didn't imagine it, yes, she is his mommy.

I feel like that would screw him up even more. But hey maybe he and Legion can bond over Xavier being a sh!t father.

I see. Thank you. I'm going to assume she never confronted him about it and it was never referenced again by any writer since?
    Lol, yeah, that would mess him up!

I do not believe X ever mentioned it to Jean and she never brought up to him what Onslaught showed her. I always took it as X was more in awe of Jean's potential and power.

Lol, yeah, that would mess him up!

I do not believe X ever mentioned it to Jean and she never brought up to him what Onslaught showed her. I always took it as X was more in awe of Jean's potential and power.
    Well if that was the case then it was horribly set up. To me this doesn't speak or awe of Jean but just pure, uhh "adult" love. And seeing what Onslaught said...
    5457491-7672955061-xavie.jpg

Either way I'm glad this particular plot thread was never developed. Though I can imagine Sinister tinkering with the idea of combining the two most powerful psychic minds on the planet and seeing what pops out.

Amazing Member

I remember seeing this theory years ago on this very forum.

I've also seen the slightly altered theory that instead of a creepy secret love child of Jean and Prof X that Quentin was vat grown with Jean's and Xavier's stolen DNA to act as a weapon to control the Phoenix Force then set up with a foster family then sent to the Xavier's School.

This was very similar to the Stepford Cuckoo's origin but the twist was that he was a defective failure and it wasn't until the Kick addiction and further mutation that his true capabilities emerged.

Honestly I think it could still work if X- Office wanted to go there and like what was said up thread it adds to the Xavier is a crappy dad and Jean would be an excellent teacher/mentor.
    Last edited by Damien; 10-30-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

The original panel was from the sixties, and eve the writers back then realized it was a horrible idea and dropped it. It was dropped again after onslaught, because,once more, terrible, terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I remember seeing this theory years ago on this very forum.

I've also seen the slightly altered theory that instead of a creepy secret love child of Jean and Prof X that Quentin was vat grown with Jean's and Xavier's stolen DNA to act as a weapon to control the Phoenix Force then set up with a foster family then sent to the Xavier's School.

This was very similar to the Stepford Cuckoo's origin but the twist was that he was a defective failure and it wasn't until the Kick addiction and further mutation that his true capabilities emerged.

I'm right there with you, Betsy.

And that would be a majorly f-ed up origin, especially for someone with the ego of Quentin.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

[EDITED because I realised I made a mistake here.]

If the O5 aren't even 30 yet and Quentin is supposed to be around 16, that would mean Jean got pregnant at 11-12, while she was still living with her parents. Highly unlikely.

Now, Quentin could be yet another child of her DNA. But I'd really prefer if that's not the case because there are 3 of them already. If she is to have another child, let it be through the natural means as she has been dreaming of for years. Seriously.

I'd prefer Quentin's origin to be completely separate from Xavier and Jean. But if he's to be linked to one of them let it Xavier. David Haller is his son with a human and he's insanely powerful. Why can't Quentin be?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-30-2021 at 11:46 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

There's no way Marvel would greenlight a "Hey, Xavier bedded/impregnated a teenage girl and then brainwashed her into giving up the child and forgetting about the pregnancy" storyline.

Yeah, yeah, Xavier's a creep and a jerk, but that would be crossing a serious line in pure freakin' evil territory.

Something like that would definitely cross the line. Xavier is a jerk and all, but that’s too much.

Fortunately, Quentin’s parents were not them and in current X-Force he confirmed that, as a child, he killed his parents. Then he was adopted. It was a repressed memory.