Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Getting back to the kingpin talk.

The John Campea Show Christmas Eve Edition

Go to 53:43
    Kaden staab quote-
    D'onfrio confirmed he is the same kingpin and that he "lost"the city when he was blipped.MCU Direct report.That's big imo
    John campea quote-
    But the thing is he is not he same kingpin.He wanted to play the same kingpin emotionally.
    John goes on to say the kingpin from mcu netflix show does not have same strength and durability like the mcu canon one does etc..
    D'onfrio is saying alot thing do not connect to netflix mcu but he wanted to play him emotionally the same etc..
    In other words john is saying some folks are misinterpreting D'onfrio comments/words and i agree.
    The netflix mcu shows are not canon.

Extraordinary Member

I think some folks are forgetting this as well.
    MCU Disney+ Shows First Time TV Connects To Movies, Says Feige
    Marvel boss Kevin Feige that their Disney+ series will be the first time small screen projects will tie into the MCU, totally disregarding Marvel TV.

Kevin Feige says that the upcoming Marvel Studios Disney+ series will be the first time small screen projects will actually connect to the MCU movies. After wrapping up the Infinity Saga this year with Joe and Anthony Russo's Avengers: Endgame, the superhero franchise is in the middle of transitioning to its Phase 4. While the universe's movie slate is already laid out, Feige and his team are also expanding with their own produced TV shows starring some of the characters fans have already met, as well as others who have yet to debut.

During this year's Brazil CCXP (via Playlist), Feige took the stage to tease fans about what lies ahead for the MCU. Aside from the franchise's movie slate, he also promoted their upcoming TV shows such as The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, and Loki among others. But as he ramped up the hype for these projects, he somehow threw some subtle shade on the now-defunct Marvel TV which had shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter and Netflix's Marvel series by saying the the Disney+ series will be the first time small screen stories will connect to the bigger MCU.

After Endgame, thinking, ‘What can we do next?' Disney+ is going to give us this opportunity to tell even deeper stories with characters you already know and love…in a new type of cinematic way that we haven’t done before. We’ve already started shooting two of them and they’re very, very special.

And it all, for the first time, will interlink. So, the MCU will be on your TV screen at home on Disney+ and interconnect with the movies and go back and forth. It’s exciting to expand the MCU into even bigger and better heights.

This comment comes on the heels of Marvel TV's dissolution, as it's being absorbed by Marvel Studios. Despite dealing with the same comic book brand, the two have long been separated with Jeph Loeb answering to Marvel Entertainment chairman Ike Perlmutter. Loeb has been manning the small screen projects for the brand since it began with ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in 2013. Feige was once under Perlmutter as well, but was eventually given autonomy after conflict arose between him and his former boss. He now answers directly to Disney's Alan Horn.
    https://screenrant.com/mcu-disney-pl...ssovers-feige/

So while these early mcu shows were canon they are not anymore because kevin had nothing to do with most of them and even with agent carter it was not under his control etc..
    That will include marvel's agents carter.
    You could say javis in endgame was the main canon one,another javis.

Marvel Studios Hawkeye Confirms Agents of SHIELD Not Canon

T. Hanks quote-
    While at CCXP Brazil, Kevin Feige spoke with Brazilian pop culture site Omelete about the Marvel projects on Disney+ and he stated that "it all, for the FIRST TIME, will interlink." By stating that this is the BEGINNING of the movies and TV series connecting, he's effectively wiped all previous Marvel shows from canon.

Carmelo Smith quote-
    @Kris Hawkeye show made it clear that's a different kingpin

Pages like Screen Rant just love to take any half-said phrase and make clickbait articles from them.

Didn't aos last season split it from the mcu timeline? I think it's now another timeline after the last season.

Agent carter is canon with jarvis in endgame plus it has it's own area in the mcu based avengers campus at disneyland.

Inhumans was canon. They even promoted the imax movie as a mcu film! Then the reviews came in and it's ignored and not canon anymore! Lol. It's the lowest rt score mcu film by the way as they did indeed promote the film as a mcu film.

Runaways and cloak and dagger don't know. Never watched them.

Extraordinary Member

This came out few months ago and i just read it recently.

Marvel Just Cast Doubt on Agent Carter’s MCU Canon Status - Again
    Marvel Studios has been notoriously wishy-washy on the canonicity of Agent Carter, and a newly released Marvel book makes things even murkier.
    Years before Disney+ was cemented as the spot for the Marvel Cinematic Universe's television content, Marvel dipped their toes into the world of television on the ABC network. The first MCU-adjacent series to be released was 2013's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and it was followed by Agent Carter in 2015. The latter series followed Strategic Scientific Reserve Agent Peggy Carter and her supporting cast engaging in various missions that laid the groundwork for major elements in the MCU's future, while also combating some of the more backward standards of 1940s America.

Initially, ABC's Marvel shows were considered canon to the greater MCU, with actors from the movies such as Samuel L. Jackson and Toby Jones reprising their roles for the small screen. However, fans began to dismay at the lack of references to the shows in the movies, and eventually, it became widely agreed upon that the ABC shows were no longer canon. Shockingly, the actor for Edwin Jarvis ended up reprising his role in Avengers: Endgame, seemingly suggesting that Agent Carter was canon after all.

Despite Jarvis' appearance in Endgame, Marvel has never outright confirmed nor denied Agent Carter's canonicity. While it did use the show's image of Peggy in her now-iconic red hat, no footage from the series was used in the Marvel Studios: Legends episode about Peggy, and, except for Jarvis' actor, no elements from it have carried over to the movies. Even when a recent book entitled The Story of Marvel Studios: The Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe seemed to once again confirm that Agent Carter was MCU canon, one of its authors ended up clarifying that they didn't make any definitive statements, leaving the show's canonicity up in the air once again.

Interestingly, it seems that the question of canonicity extends past Agent Carter to another Peggy-centric project: Marvel's Agent Carter one-shot. The short depicts Peggy Carter overcoming sexism within the SSR and once again proving herself to be one of the organization's best agents. A few elements of the one-shot contradict certain elements in both the movies and the Agent Carter series, and it notoriously received its own listing on Disney+ for a few weeks before being suddenly removed from the platform.

Something that only adds to the confusion is the fact that the Agent Carter one-shot went on to receive a callback in the MCU proper. In the first episode of What If...?, which features Peggy becoming Captain America instead of Steve Rogers, an SSR agent named John Flynn attempts to take credit for her accomplishments. Flynn first appeared in the Agent Carter one-shot, suggesting that it is, in fact, canon to the MCU. Considering the continuity problems between the one-shot, the films and the television show, Flynn's involvement in What If...? only serves to muddy the waters of Agent Carter's canonicity further.

Ultimately, the question of the Agent Carter television show and one-shot's canonicity will likely never receive a definitive answer from Marvel Studios. While the appearance of James D'Arcy as Jarvis in Endgame does serve as a neat nod to the show, John Flynn's appearance in What If...? also signifies that Marvel seems to be picking and choosing elements from their various other projects, and are not beholden to each show's specific canon. At the very least, fans of Peggy Carter's various adventures can think of the show and one-shot as early visits to different areas of the MCU's rapidly expanding multiverse.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-studios-b...anon-question/

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

For Agent Carter, on the one hand, we have an alternate universe reference the one-shot while Endgame references Jarvis from the TV show. We've reached the point where having a character from a show show up in a movie isn't enough to convince the "not canon" crowd so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Personally, I don't find the continuity issues in the One-Shot to be any worse than the Eight Years Later in Spider-Man Homecoming. I think all it really takes is to push the final scene of the One-Shot with the founding of SHIELD later after the end of the series or maybe Howard threw out the idea but it took time to gain traction. Basically, the only real issue I saw was the SHIELD/SSR discrepancy.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Why Marvel Netflix series are leaving Netflix for Disney Streaming

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Netflix Shows Are Exiting Netflix Next Month

Extraordinary Member

Iron Fist & Luke Cage Phase 1 MCU Films Were Scrapped due to Marvel Entertainment TV Division

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm fully expecting the characters to get soft-rebooted in the MCU. Make some loose references into things that already happened, but like I doubt the MCU Jessica Jones is going to dwell on her being a Sexual Assault Survivor quite like how the Netflix series did.

I could also definitely see Matt get retooled to introduce some of the new stuff Chip Zdarsky has worked into the mythos, primarily Mike.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Iron Fist & Luke Cage Phase 1 MCU Films Were Scrapped due to Marvel Entertainment TV Division
    Which is a shame because I felt like Luke and Danny fit the tone of the movies more than the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm fully expecting the characters to get soft-rebooted in the MCU. Make some loose references into things that already happened, but like I doubt the MCU Jessica Jones is going to dwell on her being a Sexual Assault Survivor quite like how the Netflix series did.

I could also definitely see Matt get retooled to introduce some of the new stuff Chip Zdarsky has worked into the mythos, primarily Mike.
    I rather see Waid's run be used over Zdarsky's. Waid's run fits the MCU'S tone more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather see Waid's run be used over Zdarsky's. Waid's run fits the MCU'S tone more.
    IDK, it's not like the MCU is completely without grit. I can completely see any future Matt-focused projects in the future having a similar tone to either Winter Soldier or Black Widow.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Really? The tone of Chip Zdarsky's comics is almost as if the series had continued in comic book form.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    IDK, it's not like the MCU is completely without grit. I can completely see any future Matt-focused projects in the future having a similar tone to either Winter Soldier or Black Widow.
    Beyond the tone issues, I'm more interested in how Waid approached Matt's history as a whole. I rather see the other villians get used. Especially if DD is gonna be crossover fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Really? The tone of Chip Zdarsky's comics is almost as if the series had continued in comic book form.
    I know but that wasn't the MCU's tone to me. Up until Civil War I just saw the MCU as a series of summer fun blockbusters.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-17-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Let's remember that, other than the "radar", Daredevil has no superpowers and fights like a normal man would. He can stand to common thiefs, but he would be completely outmatched in most superhero battles as seen elsewhere in the MCU. If he's to appear in other places, it has to be equally grounded settings, like Hawkeye, or just as a lawyer, like in NWH.